Biggest UConn upset with a win....... | The Boneyard

Biggest UConn upset with a win.......

Reaction Score
Any thoughts.....

Notre Dame, Iowa State, South Carolina, West Virginia?

Reaction Score
Sad to say...... Any team we beat this year other than East Carolina or UMass.....

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Probably. Best win though was Notre Dame at South Bend especially since it was the first win after Jazz was murdered.

Have to agree. I was there and didn't watch the game on TV until Monday night. My patience is wearing thin with 2.0 but he bought himself a lot of leeway with me the minute I saw that interview you linked. As well as how he handled Jasper's death/murder as a whole.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would say the Papa John’s Bowl. USC staff took us for granted. They never made it passed the 50 yd line till the 2 nd or 3rd quarter. Totally embarrassed them. If it wasn’t so cold I would have enjoyed the game more.
The USCe fans were so nice at Breakfast the next am. However I found them very pleasant overall.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I mean yeah sure but it wasn’t that drastic of an “upset”

Not being a D but were you there, DJ? Just the mystique and atmosphere had me nervous before I even got into the Stadium. Then to go down 14 so quickly and I'm questioning if we'd made a huge mistake flying out. Only to have our boys turn the tide and win that game? And I was part of a few thousand UConn fans who took over that historic Stadium? Tough to beat and I've been to most of the other games suggested so far. I know it wasn't an all time great ND team but the venue alone makes it #1 for me.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Not being a D but were you there, DJ? Just the mystique and atmosphere had me nervous before I even got into the Stadium. Then to go down 14 so quickly and I'm questioning if we'd made a huge mistake flying out. Only to have our boys turn the tide and win that game? And I was part of a few thousand UConn fans who took over that historic Stadium? Tough to beat and I've been to most of the other games suggested so far. I know it wasn't an all time great ND team but he venue alone makes it #1 for me.
BIGGEST UPSET

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
To me the most important was Iowa State. It was a statement win that showed we had arrived and was the springboard for an 8-3 season the next year.

In terms of biggest upset - the win over West Virginia at the Rent rates right up there,

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Iowa St was big because it was a big one but then what about Indiana in the first game at The Rent

Reaction Score
Not being a D but were you there, DJ? Just the mystique and atmosphere had me nervous before I even got into the Stadium. Then to go down 14 so quickly and I'm questioning if we'd made a huge mistake flying out. Only to have our boys turn the tide and win that game? And I was part of a few thousand UConn fans who took over that historic Stadium? Tough to beat and I've been to most of the other games suggested so far. I know it wasn't an all time great ND team but the venue alone makes it #1 for me.

The fact that Andre Dixon made 3tds in a row because the refs took 2 away from UConn due to dumb mistakes by the team.
The refs made every effort to keep ND in the game. They lost anyway!

Reaction Score
Houston. We had no business winning.

You guys are saying ND because of the names on the jersey. We were the better team.

ND wasn't terrible. Harrison Smith and Golden Tate are still in the league. Being down 14-0 and winning was quite an achievement. Smith looked like Beetle Bailey after Sarge got done with him by the end of that UCONN ground game onslaught. Beating Houston was also huge,and unexpected.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom