Big Win | The Boneyard

Big Win

Reaction Score
Hurley has gotten through to them. Still taking deep silly threes at the end of games but the effort is outstanding. He has them running through brick walls like Calhoun used to. Bouknight is a star. Full confidence he'll be a truly elite player next season, he's already the most talented player every time he steps on the court. Great game from Vital minus the bad shots in last few minutes. Great game from Adams. We need a center badly for next season.

We're an Akok stepping his game up away from being really good right now.

Man this felt good, this was old school UConn basketball.

Reaction Score
Hurley has gotten through to them. Still taking deep silly threes at the end of games but the effort is outstanding. He has them running through brick walls like Calhoun used to. Bouknight is a star. Full confidence he'll be a truly elite player next season, he's already the most talented player every time he steps on the court. Great game from Vital minus the bad shots in last few minutes. Great game from Adams. We need a center badly for next season.

A lot of people getting on Vital for that 3 he took with under a minute left. That’s a designed play out of a timeout and was a relatively open shot. If you want to blame anyone, blame Hurley for drawing up a play where you’re shooting a 3 up 1 with under a minute left. The play where he drove to the basket was absolutely a bad shot though.

Hats off the the entire team. Great team win. Vital carried the first half, Bouk carried the second. This win feels very good.

Reaction Score

The last vital three was a set play for Vital. I think Hurley wanted to end the game with that three.
We just beat back to back first place teams in the AAC. Love that Bouk was main ball handler last 5 minutes and OT.

Adams, Carlton and vital went 2 for 6 on FT’s last two minutes. No bueno.
Great win.

Reaction Score
A lot of people getting on Vital for that 3 he took with under a minute left. That’s a designed play out of a timeout and was a relatively open shot. If you want to blame anyone, blame Hurley for drawing up a play where you’re shooting a 3 up 1 with under a minute left. The play where he drove to the basket was absolutely a bad shot though.

Hats off the the entire team. Great team win. Vital carried the first half, Bouk carried the second. This win feels very good.
It was the distance moreso than the shot selection, for me. Its seemed to be way beyond the line, but it could be my TV.

Reaction Score
It was the distance moreso than the shot selection, for me. Its seemed to be way beyond the line, but it could be my TV.
It was definitely pretty close to an nba three. Maybe the screen was set too high, which made vital have to come out further to catch the ball. I’d have to watch the replay

Reaction Score
People scoffing in chat at the fact that some thought Bouk was our best player in the first half of the Tulsa game. Borderline calling people oblivious for thinking that. Maybe they confused the word obvious with oblivious becuase it was obvious he was our best player even when he was shooting poorly.

Reaction Score

Exactly on both points. I’m encouraged by Akok’s increased ability to put the ball on the floor, his shots just aren’t falling yet. Add a stud big man and get the development I expect out of Akok and we’re dangerous next year.

Reaction Score
I can see Bouk growing on the court every time he hits a bucket. You can tell the kid is stepping up, doing his job, hitting buckets, and starting to enjoy the feeling. This one is gonna be a fun ride with him. I'm glad he's earned or been given the green light to take the reigns.

Reaction Score
Exactly on both points. I’m encouraged by Akok’s increased ability to put the ball on the floor, his shots just aren’t falling yet. Add a stud big man and get the development I expect out of Akok and we’re dangerous next year.
Akok plays with a nose plug. The kid is all heart.

Reaction Score
That was from at least 25 feet, and I don’t remember it looking like it was a particularly balanced shot

Reaction Score
The worm is turning for this program. You could see it happen right before your eyes. Hurley has them bought in. They play so darn hard every game and have been so resiliant even after multiple crushing losses. Proud to be a Husky fan always, but especially after these last 2 games. Keep recruiting and adding talent. As DH said, "get us now because it's coming." Btw, lock the team in the gym to shoot free throws tomorrow. This game didn't have to go to OT but all those misses from the charity stripe....

Reaction Score

He also had that horrific fast break layup that we were able to save and Bouk drew a foul. But god damn.

His D was awesome. I want so badly to root for him. But the 2 bad drives, the fast break, the missed foul shot, and missed 3 (whether designed or not, you have to knock that down if you're open) are just the same stuff we've been seeing all season with less than 5 minutes left. And he certainly did foul Cumberland, if thankfully it was too late (and he may have played more aggressively knowing the clock was basically at 0 and Cumberland didn't have time to pump fake, so it's excusable).

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
A lot of people getting on Vital for that 3 he took with under a minute left. That’s a designed play out of a timeout and was a relatively open shot. If you want to blame anyone, blame Hurley for drawing up a play where you’re shooting a 3 up 1 with under a minute left.

I'm thankful that the win rests on having stopped the other team from scoring after taking the lead.

Adams, Carlton and vital went 2 for 6 on FT’s last two minutes.

Survived this, but probably won't again.

SO happy Cincy was prevented from scoring multipletimes at the end. That's what's needed.

Reaction Score
He also had that horrific fast break layup that we were able to save and Bouk drew a foul. But god damn.

His D was awesome. I want so badly to root for him. But the 2 bad drives, the fast break, the missed foul shot, and missed 3 (whether designed or not, you have to knock that down if you're open) are just the same stuff we've been seeing all season with less than 5 minutes left. And he certainly did foul Cumberland, if thankfully it was too late (and he may have played more aggressively knowing the clock was basically at 0 and Cumberland didn't have time to pump fake, so it's excusable).
CV also hit some huge shots going 4-9 from 3. Not to sound like a broken record but why always focus on the few plays he didn't make. Bouk got his shot blocked a couple time also. I thought Christian was real good today. Bouk was spectacular and the supporting cast all came to play.

Reaction Score

These kind of posts are the absolute worst. CV put up 19/5/4 with 3 steals and 1 TO. He also completely locked down Cincinnati's clear best player.

You ignore all of the good and focus on a few negative plays down the stretch. How about the MASSIVE offense rebound and put back layup after the Brendan Adams bricked 3 in OT? The strip steal on Cumberland with 2 second left in regulation? All of the big 3 pointers he did make?

Reaction Score
These kind of posts are the absolute worst. CV put up 19/5/4 with 3 steals and 1 TO. He also completely locked down Cincinnati's clear best player.

You ignore all of the good and focus on a few negative plays down the stretch. How about the MASSIVE offense rebound and put back layup after the Brendan Adams bricked 3 in OT? The strip steal on Cumberland with 2 second left in regulation? All of the big 3 pointers he did make?
Reminds me of this

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom