Big Win | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big Win

Reaction Score
He also had that horrific fast break layup that we were able to save and Bouk drew a foul. But god damn.

His D was awesome. I want so badly to root for him. But the 2 bad drives, the fast break, the missed foul shot, and missed 3 (whether designed or not, you have to knock that down if you're open) are just the same stuff we've been seeing all season with less than 5 minutes left. And he certainly did foul Cumberland, if thankfully it was too late (and he may have played more aggressively knowing the clock was basically at 0 and Cumberland didn't have time to pump fake, so it's excusable).

If you need prove that you are being absurdly negative, read your last sentence. You are excusing something that we can see in another thread was absolutely not a foul.

Last edited:

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Can I go out on a limb here and say that the AAC tournament is looking good? What I have seen last three games these kids are playing great and building confidence every game. Keep going Pups, no stopping you guys now.

Reaction Score
You ignore all of the good and focus on a few negative plays down the stretch. How about the MASSIVE offense rebound and put back layup after the Brendan Adams bricked 3 in OT? The strip steal on Cumberland with 2 second left in regulation? All of the big 3 pointers he did make?

Yup those were great plays. I didn't single them out, but I said his D was awesome. I singled out the plays once again representing the previous pattern. He played within the offense and flow in the 1st half to great result. He's a really positive player when he's making his shots and not trying to do too much.

Reaction Score
Can I go out on a limb here and say that the AAC tournament is looking good? What I have seen last three games these kids are playing great and building confidence every game. Keep going Pups, no stopping you guys now.
I don’t disagree. We’ve played every one of these top teams close. We can definitely win that tournament.

Reaction Score
Somewhere, somehow, we need to recignize that we shut Cumberland down.
Not to be missed is Vital locking down Cumberland the entire game. 1-11 from the field and 6 TOs
Shutting Cumberland down was part of Hurley's pre-game interview, no? Making sure we had a plan? Well, if this was the case, cheers to everyone on the job, it was a job well done.

Reaction Score
Auror your just a total idiot......Unbelievable win and great great game by CV and leave that post......

Reaction Score
Auror your just a total idiot......Unbelievable win and great great game by CV and leave that post......

Auror is one of the best posters on here. However, I agree that Vital had a great game overall when you consider both sides of the court.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
These kind of posts are the absolute worst. CV put up 19/5/4 with 3 steals and 1 TO. He also completely locked down Cincinnati's clear best player.

You ignore all of the good and focus on a few negative plays down the stretch. How about the MASSIVE offense rebound and put back layup after the Brendan Adams bricked 3 in OT? The strip steal on Cumberland with 2 second left in regulation? All of the big 3 pointers he did make?

That badly missed three couldn't have landed in a better spot. I'm going to mentally change it to an assist.

Reaction Score
Yup those were great plays. I didn't single them out, but I said his D was awesome. I singled out the plays once again representing the previous pattern. He played within the offense and flow in the 1st half to great result. He's a really positive player when he's making his shots and not trying to do too much.
You're not allowed to analyze the play of players on here especially after a win. Hurley says it's the angel and the devil with Vital on offense and he Vital'd us a couple times today but as fans we're not supposed to comment.

We've already been told pointing out Josh's play is stupid because we shouldn't expect Carlton to be Wilt Chamberlain. Apparently there's no in between Carlton and Wilt.

I'm gonna break the rules and say Christian played about as well as we can expect him to play. He made enough shots, played great D on Cumberland, and even pulled it out once when he didn't have #'s. He's always gonna Vital us to some degree but he helped us way more than hurt us today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom