Big Ten WBB | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Big Ten WBB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The biggest concern for me is her lack of range. She's essentially a 6-2 back to the basket bruising center without any proven jumpshot. Going up against athletic 6-5/6-6 centers every night in the W doesn't bode great for her IMO. She's definitely athletic enough but will need to expand her game.
Feel similar. Naz was completely ineffective playing Louisville. She seemed uninterested which of course was not the case. The whole team was awful. I don’t see her being able to play in the W effectively.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
LOL you're letting objective facts get in the way of someone's good story.
I tuned in to a bit of the Ohio State v Maryland and expected Mikulaskova to play like a stud. She didn't. 0 rebounds and 5 points in 15 minutes. I'm sure she's a nice player but most of these stories are bizarre.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Feel similar. Naz was completely ineffective playing Louisville. She seemed uninterested which of course was not the case. The whole team was awful. I don’t see her being able to play in the W effectively.
She has the athleticism and grit to be very good but needs to develop better perimeter skills. This class lacks depth so she'll likely go high and I'm guessing she'll focus for a year or 2 on developing a shot and better 3/4 skills.

Reaction Score
I tuned in to a bit of the Ohio State v Maryland and expected Mikulaskova to play like a stud. She didn't. 0 rebounds and 5 points in 15 minutes. I'm sure she's a nice player but most of these stories are bizarre.

For the record, I wasn't part of that camp, per my posts below. My thoughts on her as a player are like your comment that I've bolded.

Stud? She's consistent but I'm not sure if I'd put her in that category.

And there are games where she's struggled against good/average competition.

Michigan: 0 (12/31/21) and 2 (1/27/22)
Indiana: 7 (12/12/21)
Rutgers: 4 (1/23/22) and 4 (2/7/22)

She's averaging 10.5 points and 6.7 rebounds a game this season, which is why I say she's consistent.

Reaction Score

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

What the heck is going on???????
Curiouser and curiouser. One of the articles you linked said Scoggin was at the Penn State game, but not on the bench. A Sports Ill article said, "Scoggin was not with the team Thursday at Penn State for health and safety protocols, according to the Huskers Radio Network broadcast."

Sounds like some bad [stuff] going on in Nebraska.

Reaction Score

What the heck is going on???????
I always hate to see or hear these reports.

Reaction Score
Curiouser and curiouser. One of the articles you linked said Scoggin was at the Penn State game, but not on the bench. A Sports Ill article said, "Scoggin was not with the team Thursday at Penn State for health and safety protocols, according to the Huskers Radio Network broadcast."

Sounds like some bad [stuff] going on in Nebraska.
Very disconcerting, I agree.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Teri Moren's thoughts on the compressed scheduling of Indiana's make-up games

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
The Big 10 is a crazy race. Maryland, once seemingly dead, now in first place, and four other teams within a game of 1st place.

Big matchup between the Terps and Michigan today.

Will be interesting to see who ends up taking the regular season title in this conference.

Reaction Score
The Big 10 is a crazy race. Maryland, once seemingly dead, now in first place, and four other teams within a game of 1st place.

Big matchup between the Terps and Michigan today.

Will be interesting to see who ends up taking the regular season title in this conference.
If Maryland can somehow beat Michigan on the road and Indiana loses again to Iowa, the Terps will have a share of the title regardless of what happens in the Indiana game. But Maryland has to handle their business first.

Great day of WCBB. First Tennessee @ South Carolina on ABC. The Terps-Michigan @3 PM. Stanford @ Oregon later.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Have there been any updates on Leigha Brown's status? That could be a key factor for the game.
No updates on Leigha Brown... or I ain't looking hard enough. Agreed. Anytime any team is missing a key starter, it impacts the team. Leigha is huge piece missing.

Reaction Score
How about them Wolverines (WBB that is). The fellas is a whole other issue. Ugh. Michigan back in 1st place. Naz with another great game.... 29/11. Michigan gets the sweep against Maryland. Michigan has to take care of business with two games left.

Reaction Score
Some very friendly whistles in AA, but doesn't excuse Maryland losing by that much with Owusu back and Brown out.

Reaction Score
The Terps shooting was atrocious. Missed FTs, missed layups (at least 8 of them), missed open three pointers by Benzan. Also got terribly outrebounded. They caused 15 first half turnovers but only were able to convert them to 6 points. Officiating was poor for both side considering this was a big game.

Reaction Score
I need to watch the Michigan-Maryland game again. Missed a portion of the 3rd quarter which I'm assuming is when Reese got into foul trouble. Darn kids calling from school to say hi.................:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom