Big Ten needs Uconn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big Ten needs Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
FALSE.

Pitt, Rutgers, Maryland, and Syracuse were top 25 programs when they were on the ACC/Big Ten radar?

UConn is not great in football. But we are close enough to those 4 schools where the other stuff should be in our favor.
All of those schools with the possible exception of Rutgers has had historically more successful football programs than Uconn. I completely agree that we are just as deserving but when you look at the bigger picture we not even at the level of those schools football wise. we just arent. Sure we had some recent bowl wins but come on you cant cover the sky with your palm.

Reaction Score
Check the thread on the BB ratings for the year. The B1G has strong ratings in men's BB. Much stronger than most probably knew. They really don't need us to improve their ratings.

Reaction Score
Checklist:
Friday - Beat Iowa State with a ton of UConn fans as well as Delany in attendance
Sunday - Beat Michigan State with a ton of UConn fans as well as Delany in attendance
Monday - Get accepted into the AAU
Tuesday - Meet Delany, Herbst and Manuel at the Affinia for another UConn Pep Rally

Reaction Score
Check the thread on the BB ratings for the year. The B1G has strong ratings in men's BB. Much stronger than most probably knew. They really don't need us to improve their ratings.
They don't need us at all. Their basketball is fine.

BUT, national ratings aren't really what they're after with the exansion. They're after markets for cable subscribers. If they add in UConn, they'll get greater push into NYC, CT, and parts of NE. That brings them more yearly money...and it would bring up their ratings, since I (and others) might now have more of a reason to watch B1G games on a random weeknight.

Last edited:

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
They don't need us at all. Their basketball is fine.
I understand that we're really talking about ratings here, but it's worth noting that they've won exactly 1 title in the last quarter-century. They clearly need some on-court help.

Reaction Score
I understand that we're really talking about ratings here, but it's worth noting that they've won exactly 1 title in the last quarter-century. They clearly need some on-court help.
True, but they've had teams make the Final Four or title game a number of times since 2000.

They had the national runner up in 2002, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2013

And had other Final Four teams: 2001, 2005, 2010, 2012

Teams that have made the title game: Indiana, Illinois, Michigan State, Michigan, Ohio State.

I think they're doing just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01