Big Ten is overrated | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big Ten is overrated

Reaction Score
Is there any chance, any chance at all, that the B1G starts thinking about shoring up its basketball product after the undressing it suffered during the Gavitt games? This could be the perfect storm. A revitalized UCONN Basketball team. The women doing what they do. And Jim Mora keeping us in the news. I sense an alignment of the force.

Reaction Score
Is there any chance, any chance at all, that the B1G starts thinking about shoring up its basketball product after the undressing it suffered during the Gavitt games? This could be the perfect storm. A revitalized UCONN Basketball team. The women doing what they do. And Jim Mora keeping us in the news. I sense an alignment of the force.

If we left the BE after a season or two we could never say another desperraging word against anyone again. Not Mark Emmert. Not the NCAA. Not UNC, Miami, BC or the BCS. No one. We would be hypocritical mercenaries out for a quick buck. Never to be trusted or taken seriously again.

Reaction Score
They don't care about basketball money, but if they did, they would still take Kansas over us. Not because they are a better program, but because the university is AAU which the Big 10 claims to care about

Reaction Score
Only because of the relative strength of BE Conf, the rivalries which are super important, and the recruiting advantage in being local, if given the choice for hoops being in the Big East or the Big Ten I would definitely choose the Big East. We’ve seen what happens to once good Big East teams when they leave that local footprint, to wit, Pitt, Cuse, BC, Notre Dame (and UConn during our hiatus)

Reaction Score
If we left the BE after a season or two we could never say another desperraging word against anyone again. Not Mark Emmert. Not the NCAA. Not UNC, Miami, BC or the BCS. No one. We would be hypocritical mercenaries out for a quick buck. Never to be trusted or taken seriously again.
If we were in the B1G, I'd be perfectly fine with that. I'm down.

Reaction Score
What a horrible start of the season by the Big Ten, I also think Michigan St beating Butler says more about Butler more than anything else

Reaction Score

shameless.

UConn fans simply just don't learn lessons.

Reaction Score
They don't care about basketball money, but if they did, they would still take Kansas over us. Not because they are a better program, but because the university is AAU which the Big 10 claims to care about
Kansas, Iowa State and Pitt all in AAU and I would think ahead of UConn in any possible B10 expansion.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
What a horrible start of the season by the Big Ten, I also think Michigan St beating Butler says more about Butler more than anything else
If UConn faces MSU in the Bahamas and beats them then lets start bad mouthing Butler

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Kansas, Iowa State and Pitt all in AAU and I would think ahead of UConn in any possible B10 expansion.
Pitt? HHAHAHAHAHHAH I don't think we're on their radar but to think Pitt is ahead of us in anything is hilarious

Reaction Score
Pitt? HHAHAHAHAHHAH I don't think we're on their radar but to think Pitt is ahead of us in anything is hilarious
Yeah, right. Penn State would be totally cool with them. LOL.

Iowa State is somehow even more laughable.

Reaction Score

You seem to be forgetting what drives the bus. Pitt football is 8-2 and a top 25 program so far this year.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
You seem to be forgetting what drives the bus. Pitt football is 8-2 and a top 25 program so far this year.
Because the ACC is a dumpster fire. Any other year they're below .500 and unranked, as has been their usual.

Reaction Score
If we were in the B1G, I'd be perfectly fine with that. I'm down.
That's fair. I would probably disengage more from college sports. Maybe start pursuing the dream of visiting every major league baseball field. Currently I'm at 4. I have a ways to go.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
I like where we're at - the Big 10 can keep their football & overrated basketball. Football wise, I personally don't believe conferences are going to matter much in the next 10-15 years. The same powerhouse programs will continue to reign supreme & drive revenue by scheduling games against one other [outside of a few paid-for cupcake games against the little guys like us].

This limits upward mobility for smaller/mid-sized programs --- regardless of conference. Yes Syracuse, Rutgers & Pitt are all collecting bigger "P5" revenue checks, but it's not like that revenue is translating to massive success on the field. Football "drives the bus" & if it's all about money, what's the incentive for these bigger programs to remain in a conference with mid-tier programs & have to share revenue with them, as well as the NCAA?

Notre Dame has thought this way for decades - only a matter of time before others follow suit, IMO. Lets be happy we're in the Big East & continue to thrive --- hopefully football finds its way as an independent.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure if you’re trying to be funny or just stick up for UConn, but based on everything we’ve seen with conference expansions that is a very misinformed take.

Reaction Score
You can disagree without been an a hole about it but maybe you can’t? You are entitled to your opinion as am I.
Who said you aren't entitled to your opinion? Please, opine away.

But it's also my opinion that the B1G taking Pitt—which overlaps with Penn State—is a laughable idea. They add nothing but being AAU, and the B1G has been one of the two conferences who haven't short sighted or merely been reactionary.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom