Big Ten is overrated | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big Ten is overrated

Reaction Score
Having your best scorer will help your team score better.. yes... Not exactly gymnastics. They take the toughest shots or create easy ones and make more than a worse player would and everyone else gets on average easier/more their skill level shots. So yeah I expect all of Wisconsin to be better on offense on average with Davis. And check our Curbelo's stats with and without Kofi. It's wild. And this is from last year so doesn't include last game.

Relative finishes (Each 4th from the bottom of the conference!) is more gymnastics than what I said. I did get the location of that win wrong, which does make it better. Still only an hour away, but a rivalry game crowd that was pretty engaged.

You completely missed my point... I wasn't arguing that ILL and WI wouldn't be better w/o their best player or that preseason rankings matter (I was showing you how pointless that was by using the "4th worst" example instead of your "11th" and "8th").

My point is that you're tripping over yourself to come up with reasons not to be thrilled at the BE wins and just enjoying the slap to the face that the BE is handing to the B1014 during this year's Gavitt Games. You're still doing it as you dig into the data to provide more excuses.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
mitchigoss ranked 4th? must be the same geniuses who don't see adama as worthy of even a second team all big east preseason nod. i think i saw juwan crying in his cornflakes this morn, remembering that donovan ain't coming there. seriously, an average guard who spends all his time dribbling around while looking for their big 10 stereotypical big dork, who can't even conceive of jacking a three even with no one on him, to get open, while the forwards spend all their time reading their press clippings, instead of doing something. anything. they should call that league the 'molasses league,' always runnin slow, just waiting to get blown out by real energy. sh consistently attacked the rim. cuz they could. pounded it right in their face, all game long. #4? as if.... it seems to me lately that too many 'experts' are also too far removed from actually playing the game, or even remembering accurately from when they did. senile.
and, i was highly disappointed in my man raftery last night. his mitchigoss fawning was ree-diculous. seeing and saying things that just were not there.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
ABurks - Wade had absolutely nothing to do with KO's contract - know the facts - plus when a coach wins a NC, the AD almost always gives an extension

BIG 10 - the teams in the BIG 10 are built for league play in the BIG 10. They all have really good 5s and huge front lines but they run into trouble vs teams with a pair of 2 good guards that can defend and score the ball. Teams in the BIG 10 feel like they win a NC when they win the BIG 10 title.

Reaction Score
My point is that you're tripping over yourself to come up with reasons not to be thrilled at the BE wins and just enjoying the slap to the face that the BE is handing to the B1014 during this year's Gavitt Games. You're still doing it as you dig into the data to provide more excuses.
I'm absolutely thrilled at the good wins. I'm mildly enthused by the decent wins. And I like to be aware of which is which to the best of our ability, especially in the early season as that will shape our views on these teams going forward. Having head in the clouds isn't fun for me. You can ignore my posts if they're not fun for you.

Reaction Score
I'm absolutely thrilled at the good wins. I'm mildly enthused by the decent wins. And I like to be aware of which is which to the best of our ability, especially in the early season as that will shape our views on these teams going forward. Having head in the clouds isn't fun for me. You can ignore my posts if they're not fun for you.

No, I usually enjoy your posts. That one just came across as too debbie downer for how spectacular an accomplishment it is.

In other words, get your pom poms and stay 100% positive. Nothing else allowed. Obviously!

Or maybe with Freescooter in hiding, people naturally look for others to argue with? Speaking of, anyone hear from him? He doing ok with all this Newbie success?

Reaction Score
Speaking of the Big 10: Maryland losing by 8 to George Mason with 3 minutes left. Lets see if George Mason can close this one out.

Reaction Score
This is why the Big 10 probably didn’t want us playing in the Gavitt games. We would have embarrassed whatever pathetic loser program they matched us up with

Reaction Score
Looking forward to watching Boilermakers v UNC @ Mohegan this weekend with a potential matchup v Nova on Sunday
Boiler Up!

Reaction Score
No mention of Michigan State winning at Butler by 21?

MSU is the only one that didn't look like a deer in headlights. I'd venture to guess it's because they were the only ones who played a high major this year already. They got the "first big game" jitters out already and I think you could tell.

Reaction Score
MSU is the only one that didn't look like a deer in headlights. I'd venture to guess it's because they were the only ones who played a high major this year already. They got the "first big game" jitters out already and I think you could tell.
IU also won, of course a thread is made about the B10 being overatted and the next night they sweep the BE.

Reaction Score
Way too early to be stating who is overrated and who is next National Champion.
Lots of great hoops ahead of us....enjoy the games!

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Will Ferrell Movie GIF by filmeditor

Reaction Score
I suspect you get crucified on this board, but I agree with you. The Gavitt games have been very good. Very competitive. No losers.

Except for Michigan. High expectations. Played like garbage. little to zero fire in the 2nd half. Michigan fans are probably a bit cranky.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
There's been alot of big 10 discussion on the Boneyard recently.

The consensus seems to be that they are a horrid basketball conference, and we would very much like to join it.
I'd go to the B1G in a heartbeat. But then they would have 3 National Championships in the past 2 decades to hang their hats on, making them less overrated. Really, they actually need us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom