Big Ten Conference Season Tip -off. Who's #1? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Big Ten Conference Season Tip -off. Who's #1?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Let's review:

1) Maryland played well overall but lost to a gritty Michigan State team.

2) Michigan State bounced back and closed out a tough game of runs against Maryland.

3) Yes, they can match up against Michigan, on the road (my bad). Heck, they took it to Michigan and punched them in the mouth if you ask me.

4) Michigan started off well and was going back and forth with Minnesota. Don't know if Brett's injury had a mental effect, but they weren't the same afterwards.
"Gritty" is an apt word for Fralick's version of the Spartans. She had Bowling Green with similar verve last year when I saw them a few times.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
According to Raoul, Joe McKeown will miss his third straight game due to illness.
Joe's had a rough couple of seasons since Veronica Burton graduated, but wish good health to any- and everyone.
Get better, Joe.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to that Indiana/Iowa match this weekend. That is going to be a huge game for us Big Ten fans.

Fingers crossed weather doesn't postpone the game but it's looking like that may be possible. Per this post below, Indiana aren't scheduled to fly out until later this afternoon.

The comments in response to the post are wild however. Trip planning isn't a cut and dry issue for these teams. For fans to insinuate Indiana is trying to suck Iowa is a stretch if you ask me.

Reaction Score
. . . Trip planning isn't a cut and dry issue for these teams. For fans to insinuate Indiana is trying to duck Iowa is a stretch if you ask me.

Agree, especially because lower attendance game Sat. Night would be good for IU. Still, IU could have bused yesterday when a plane was unavailable until this afternoon.

Reaction Score
Agree, especially because lower attendance game Sat. Night would be good for IU. Still, IU could have bused yesterday when a plane was unavailable until this afternoon.
Is that the situation though? Don't know the full story.

Impression I got was that they planned to fly from the start. At the same time, there could have been reasons why they didn't bus (e.g. commitments they couldn't reschedule, etc.).

Reaction Score
Is that the situation though? Don't know the full story.

Impression I got was that they planned to fly from the start. At the same time, there could have been reasons why they didn't bus (e.g. commitments they couldn't reschedule, etc.).
What they are saying is the weather issue was know for days now, they should have left yesterday or this morning. If the plane wasn't available its not uncommon for teams to take alternate transportation to get to a game earlier than expected.

Reaction Score
What they are saying is the weather issue was know for days now, they should have left yesterday or this morning. If the plane wasn't available its not uncommon for teams to take alternate transportation to get to a game earlier than expected.

1). The previous post noted a plane wasn't available and I asked if that was the situation. You're "explanation" basically regurgitates the previous posts comment which was what I was asking clarification on. If they were scheduled to leave earlier by plane, then say so.

2). Per my following sentence there also could have been reasons why they couldn't leave earlier.

Reaction Score
1). The previous post noted a plane wasn't available and I asked if that was the situation. You're "explanation" basically regurgitates the previous posts comment which was what I was asking clarification on. If they were scheduled to leave earlier by plane, then say so.

2). Per my following sentence there also could have been reasons why they couldn't leave earlier.
But planes aren't the only way to travel is the point. If the plane wasn't available, take a bus, which used to be the normal way to travel. Clearly the players were available to travel last night, they could have found a different mode of transportation. Yes much longer but not unrealistic.

Reaction Score
Thanks. This fills in some of the gaps I was trying to clarify.

IUWBB now planning on leaving Bloomington Saturday at 10 AM EST.
Edit: Sorry, page down to end of thread.

Reaction Score
But planes aren't the only way to travel is the point. If the plane wasn't available, take a bus, which used to be the normal way to travel. Clearly the players were available to travel last night, they could have found a different mode of transportation. Yes much longer but not unrealistic.

Okay - let's try this again.

1). Per the post from @BigTenGuy, they tried to move up their flight. That was the question about whether a plane was available has been answered. That was the initial question which you opted to overlook when you initially responded.

2). I'm fully aware that buses are an alternative. My point was that there could have been reasons why. An education on the history of transportation isn't required as part of your lecture about logic, planning, etc., because their way of handling things isn't to your liking.

Reaction Score

IUWBB now planning on leaving Bloomington Saturday at 10 AM EST.
Edit: Sorry, page down to end of thread.

Appreciate the update.

Reaction Score
The previous posts here make me glad Baylor elected to stay in the midwest after their game versus Kansas in Lawrence. Not sure if they flew or bused to Ames yesterday. Think it was their plan all along but looks smart in lieu of the dual storms that hit Iowa.

Reaction Score
The previous posts here make me glad Baylor elected to stay in the midwest after their game versus Kansas in Lawrence. Not sure if they flew or bused to Ames yesterday. Think it was their plan all along but looks smart in lieu of the dual storms that hit Iowa.

Just saw this post and it brought your reply to mind. This is unfortunate for the BIG12 as they lose a national game. It's bad enough the nation didn't get to see Baylor-ISU. Imagine Hilton after that win with a nationally televised game.

Reaction Score
Just saw this post and it brought your reply to mind. This is unfortunate for the BIG12 as they lose a national game. It's bad enough the nation didn't get to see Baylor-ISU. Imagine Hilton after that win with a nationally televised game.

Ha, just tried to grab it on ESPN+ and the 5:00 than 6:00 is now a 7:15 game. Dat blizzard.

Reaction Score
Looked/sounded like a good crowd at Iowa. Iowa DOT still had Johnson County as "Travel Not Advised" and some roads mapped out as "Impassable" so those were either very local people or crazy people. No way I'd venture out onto I-80 in those conditions. It's crazy in the best of conditions but it's a damn semi-trailer demolition derby in this kind of weather.

Reaction Score
Looked/sounded like a good crowd at Iowa. Iowa DOT still had Johnson County as "Travel Not Advised" and some roads mapped out as "Impassable" so those were either very local people or crazy people. No way I'd venture out onto I-80 in those conditions. It's crazy in the best of conditions but it's a damn semi-trailer demolition derby in this kind of weather.
Drove over from Des Moines for the game; last 15 miles to Iowa City there had to be 40 semi rigs in the ditches or on the median, many facing the wrong way. Miracle there weren't any fatalities.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom