Big Red Appreciation Day | The Boneyard

Big Red Appreciation Day

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I've been a regular poster here and previously on the former site and had no idea Tom Emery = Big Red. It's like finding out that Bruce Wayne is Batman.
Believe it or not, they are not the same person. There are actually TWO separate UConn mega-fans named Tom Emery. Legend has it Big Red had a boneyard account for a while but he got scared off by Chief calling him a casual fan.

Reaction Score
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought I saw a moniker emery or emory that posts on the BY. No?

Anyways congrats to those who promoted such an event at XL for BR. Well deserved!

Reaction Score
Honest to God, they're separate people.

That is what I thought brodie. Thank you for clearing that up. I wish someone would tell BR about the BY. In my humble opinion he would love it. If I see him at the game I will give him the web address. Once again congrats on a special night!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
There was a Boneyard Appreciation time out not too long ago. My friend was going to take a picture but went to get a beer and forgot.

Reaction Score
Said it before on here, but bears repeating. The best part of a UConn basketball game is after a run when the whole crowd knows it's Big Red time and the place just erupts with the chant.

Which IIRC, it has happened maybe once combined at all the home games so far this season

Reaction Score
Great to read about Tom being recognized. I was going into a diner in Cromwell last year and lo and behold Big Red walks out. Chatted with him and his friend for 10 minutes or so, super nice guy. He had mentioned something was in the works with UConn but hadn’t come to fruition yet. I guess this was it. Hoping the team plays with high energy that day and we get some vintage Big Red cheers. I’m pretty certain he knows about The Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Did Big Red also create the "UCONN!. . . HUSKIES!" chant?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Great to read about Tom being recognized. I was going into a diner in Cromwell last year and lo and behold Big Red walks out. Chatted with him and his friend for 10 minutes or so, super nice guy. He had mentioned something was in the works with UConn but hadn’t come to fruition yet. I guess this was it. Hoping the team plays with high energy that day and we get some vintage Big Red cheers. I’m pretty certain he knows about The Boneyard.
Considering he owns it, yea I think he knows something about it.

Reaction Score
Did Big Red also create the "UCONN!. . . HUSKIES!" chant?

Yes as far as I know and I am always in the loop so to speak.

Regardless of how many people hear the chant at games these days (a scarce few indeed) it always resonates nation wide. I remember being invited to a Kansas game four years ago at Allen Field House. The guy sitting next to me was like "Does UConn still do that U-C-O-N-N chant at home games? I said "YES that is Big Red." He was like "That boy is a legend" Allen Freakin Field House!

Reaction Score

He is a huge Husky fan. Not everyone wants to be in the internet message board environment though. It could become wearing dealing with all the different interpersonal dynamics. Hopefully Red reads this thread and enjoys the adulation. My memory is not my strongest asset. So I am probably mistaken about him posting here. I have been wrong before. So let this just be another time to lick my wounds of imperfection. ::(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom