big recruiting day today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

big recruiting day today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
How about you don't want to play in a conference with East Carolina and Tulane? You want to be in a city? You want to go to a smaller school? You live 3,000 miles away and want to stay closer to home? You want to go to some place like Carolina or UK and be treated like a god and get all the media heat that comes with those programs? You want to play for the coach of USA Basketball?

There are plenty of valid reasons not to go to UConn. First among them being the American Athletic Conference. It's silly to say that the only possible reasons kids go elsewhere is that they're getting paid or KO is too religious.

C'mon man. UConn...its a "good pick".

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Stop bashing the conference. Some of you guys are relentless and we have heard it all before. Make the best of what you got. We all know 'n deal with the conference.
I think there's a difference between bashing the conference, which has been done in other threads, and pointing out that it's a detriment and used against UCONN in recruiting battles.

Reaction Score
It really makes me question what someon like Squid is selling down in UK that a kid would choose to play for him over someone like Coach Ollie.
any kid who values God status over hard work to achieve their goals will go to UK. I personally don't want any of the primadonnas they get over there

Reaction Score
any kid who values God status over hard work to achieve their goals will go to UK. I personally don't want any of the primadonnas they get over there

[Rolls eyes.]

Speak for yourself. If Karl Towns had a change of heart and decided he wanted to come to Storrs you think Ollie would turn him down?

Reaction Score
Stop bashing the conference. Some of you guys are relentless and we have heard it all before. Make the best of what you got. We all know 'n deal with the conference.

Honestly, settle down with the lecture.

Someone made the ridiculous argument that the only 2 reasons kids don't come to UConn is they're being paid by some other school or Ollie is too religious. Pointing out that there are other valid reasons to look elsewhere and that the AAC is one of them isn't "bashing the conference," it's being acquainted with reality. I know, it's a tough sell around here where a lot of people think literally every recruit in America is on the verge of signing with UConn, and if they don't it's only because Cal or his minions gave them a bag of cash.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
How about you don't want to play in a conference with East Carolina and Tulane? You want to be in a city? You want to go to a smaller school? You live 3,000 miles away and want to stay closer to home? You want to go to some place like Carolina or UK and be treated like a god and get all the media heat that comes with those programs? You want to play for the coach of USA Basketball?

There are plenty of valid reasons not to go to UConn. First among them being the American Athletic Conference. It's silly to say that the only possible reasons kids go elsewhere is that they're getting paid or KO is too religious.

Also, you might prefer the exceptional coeds at the University of Arizona.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
CT + MA + NH > NJ, NY. As far as hs basketball talent is concerned

Reaction Score
No one say a word!!! It's officially tough guy season on the internet

I read your words in Donald Trump character, chill the out you giant ass

Reaction Score
Gonna have to disagree here, New York and New Jersey probably have some of the best talent in the entire nation
There's more d1 commits coming from nepsac than any other prep league in the country . Not talking about where prospects are born rather where they play from age 14-17.

Reaction Score
No one say a word!!! It's officially tough guy season on the internet

I read your words in Donald Trump character, chill the out you giant ass

You know you can quote a post so people have some idea what you're talking about? Email the help desk and they'll walk you through it.

Reaction Score
I think there's a difference between bashing the conference, which has been done in other threads, and pointing out that it's a detriment and used against UCONN in recruiting battles.
Agreed. Being in the American killed us last March. If we had been in a better conference, our team would have been more tournament ready. They just might have won the whole damn thing, but alas.....

Reaction Score
You know you can quote a post so people have some idea what you're talking about? Email the help desk and they'll walk you through it.

I do know that, did I do it right papa? can you spare me the belt tonight?

Reaction Score
Yuck.

“When Kentucky offered me, I was so happy,” Diallo told Ben Roberts of the Lexington Herald-Leader at the NBPA Top 100 Camp this summer. “I have a lot of top schools, but Kentucky is the best school, you know?”

Horrendous. But this is the world we live in.

Reaction Score
It is Crack. Hey he sells them on what he and UK does for kids, other big names go every year it's not stopping real fast.......just wish their support systems saw through some of it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The only good thing about Kentucky is that it's close to Keeneland, and that's only 6 weeks a year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Calipari had a whirlwind day in the New York-New Jersey area, with meetings with 2015 forwardCheick Diallo and 2015 guard Isaiah Briscoe also on the docket.

“He was awesome, the visit was awesome,” Gary Battle, the player’s father, told SNY.tv. Thursday evening

From zag

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Calipari had a whirlwind day in the New York-New Jersey area, with meetings with 2015 forwardCheick Diallo and 2015 guard Isaiah Briscoe also on the docket.

“He was awesome, the visit was awesome,” Gary Battle, the player’s father, told SNY.tv. Thursday evening

From zag

I like Gary Battle. In all the quotes I see from him he's so pumped it's funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom