Big Post Energy | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big Post Energy

Reaction Score
You know you're getting old when the last year of UConn stats seem's not that long ago. (2016)

Dolson (and Hartley) earned meaningful minutes as freshmen. Geno had Brady slotted into a high post position back before summer. She is much more advanced offensively than Dolson in 2011. By 2014 Dolson was a 3 level scorer and could run for 38 minutes. As a freshman her BMI was higher and her outside shot hadn't yet appeared. What she had was very good footwork, energetic play, a willingness to mix it up inside and a habit of committing stupid fouls. Brady seems to have at least as good a low post game and appears to not hesitate to shoot if left open around the ft line.
As a freshman Dolson spent many 2nd periods sitting with 2 fouls, at least one of which was brainless. I don't think Brady can be worse. The question is how willing she is to mix it up inside. Those kids from LaLa land get raised on "peace and love". :)

Reaction Score
Pre injury yes , post injury we have no clue .......

We certainly don't know but we did get a clue when Geno said in the summer that "if there was a game today she would play"

Reaction Score
We certainly don't know but we did get a clue when Geno said in the summer that "if there was a game today she would play"
Music to my ears . her energy takes our teams defense to a whole other level .

Reaction Score
Proven talent at which skill & position?
If Dorka was injured for a period of time who would be the more logical potential replacement or substitution at center between the two of them?
I don't think that Amari should be considered to be a punching bag because she does have offensive talent and the gift of height.
That means that she doesn't need to jump as many times or expend as much effort to grab rebounds.
Can this year's performance be predicted based on last year or two years ago in Aubrey's case?
No, because every game's circumstances and match ups are different.
There's a lot of luck involved like being in the right place at the right time, & the personal & physical growth involved in every play., and every play counts.
The way that I look at it every one of the Huskies can be a hero that can win the game.
Just put the ball in the hoop, or block the shot, make the pass, pressure the player, whatever it takes.
In that respect most all of the players will have their opportunities to contribute & make a difference.
It just depends on who gets the PT and if they can do the job that's asked of them at their assigned position.
Amari will display growth before the end of the year.
I like all you say. Ameri can pass and can score. DEFENSE is needed from the POST. Forward or Post ENERGY 100 PERCENT of the time on the floor, can DeBerry do that/ That's the question. Aubrey isn't Deberry nor visa versa.

Reaction Score
Dorka needs upper body strength or a jump hook shot. She often fails on put backs to go up strong enough. We will see how this plays out this year. More strenth on put backs will help out her WNBA chances.
Dorka is a huge asset but in close she doesn't THINK. She reacts and too quickly tosses the ball up without any real expectation (from me) that it will go in. Eye problem, too excited, ?? Can that be fixed.

Reaction Score
Just reading the tea leaves here, but if Dorka were injured (please no!) we have 5 players to cover the 4-5. Amari Ice Aaliyah at the 5 and Aaliyah Ayanna Aubrey at the 4. Obviously, Amari and Aaliyah at 5 & 4 is the most natural pairing. But I can picture stretches with Ice and Aaliyah or Aaliyah and Ayanna together as 5 & 4 working well against many teams. These may not be our optimal configurations, but it will probably be good for the players to get the minutes they would require.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom