Big Games: Week 5 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big Games: Week 5

Reaction Score
Coach Neighbors must be going crazy over the FT shooting right now but overall it was a very good half for Arkansas
It's been a good game. Arkansas now up 72-61 late in the 4th 4:16 left. Arkansas has a lot of size and athleticism. They've been able to drive past and finish against a much shorter Creighton team. Creighton hasn't been able to hit threes and Lauren Jensen has struggled a lot.
I agree Arkansas has played well

Reaction Score
That UCLA/USC game was nice. Kiki Rice is going to be pretty darn good. Glad to see USC playing well and that Coach Gottlieb has that program headed in the right direction. USC was down double digits to UCLA and dang near pulled off a win. Got it down to one point but UCLA pulled out the win.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score

I can’t believe I missed this yesterday.

Awkward Oh No GIF by CBC

Reaction Score
Not a big game, but quite the stat line for Oregon State’s Talia von Oelhoffen in OSU’s 96-84 win over Nevada:

41 points (17-20 FG, 3-3 FT), 5 rebounds, 6 assists, and just 1 turnover. She’s got a lot of family on the island.
Wow! That's big time. Like her game a lot.

Reaction Score
Someone didn't get the memo in the Maui tournament. LSU and Montana St both wore white uniforms the first 5 minutes of the game (very unwatchable) before they had Montana St go change into their blue jersey.

Per the commentator it was a mistake as both teams were told to wear white.

Reaction Score
Someone didn't get the memo in the Maui tournament. LSU and Montana St both wore white uniforms the first 5 minutes of the game (very unwatchable) before they had Montana St go change into their blue jersey.

Per the commentator it was a mistake as both teams were told to wear white.
Damn. The referees must have loved that. :confused:

Reaction Score
Damn. The referees must have loved that. :confused:

It was incredibly bad. LSU was the home team, Montana St was supposed to wear their blue jerseys as the away team. They stopped the game mid way through the first and made them change in front of everyone. Reese threw the ball at the back of a Montana St player as she thought it was a LSU player :D
FkPCbZvX0AAh34j

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Ugh. Washington lost at home to Liberty 66-54. Liberty was 4-5 entering the game, and 2 of the wins were against non D1 teams. Pathetic. 4-28 behind the arc. UW might be the worst shooting team in the country.

Reaction Score
Tennessee played very effectively for much of the game. It looks like they're starting to
get their act together. UConn will have a tough time in Knoxville unless they have an
effective Azzi Fudd in the lineup.

Reaction Score
The Lady Vols played a solid 30 minutes of ball, unfortunately Brink, Jones, and Jump turned it up in Q4. Can someone just enlighten me as to how those clip- on long lashes do not affect the field of vision? This is a legitimate question and not a knock on appearance or style.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Notre Dame picks up what has to be considered a big win in Blacksburg against VA Tech. Hokies were undefeated until today.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ugh. Washington lost at home to Liberty 66-54. Liberty was 4-5 entering the game, and 2 of the wins were against non D1 teams. Pathetic. 4-28 behind the arc. UW might be the worst shooting team in the country.

packing up my husky hats and putting them in a box... in the back of the closet.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame picks up what has to be considered a big win in Blacksburg against VA Tech. Hokies were undefeated until today.
I caught the forth. At one point it was 48 -48 and then ND kinda took over. It was surprisingly low scoring and I thought VT shot selection in the forth was pretty bad. Olivia Miles looked to be struggling until the final period but all I saw was her doing Olivia Miles things.
I think if you're VTech, maybe u find solace in that you were ahead most of the game and ur biggest off season acquisition was on the sidelines. Overall though, I wasn't too high on Notre Dame to start the season and I still want to see Westbeld and Citron do a bit more. But they seem like the team to beat in the ACC.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Pam Ward just used a term I'd never heard of in the Arizona-Baylor game. Shaina Pellington made a really quick move to the basket when Baylor was expecting her to shoot a three. Ward talked about the "Statue of Liberty defense." :D

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Though minus Owusu (who's out with a broken finger), Virginia Tech is hardly the same team.

Reaction Score
Looks like the buttwhooping Arizona got by Kansas was very good for them. Looked much more energized and much different all around today.

Baylor couldn't seem to find a flow, the 19 turnovers were too many. Hope Blackwell can heal up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom