Big Games: Week 3 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big Games: Week 3

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Here's my pick for stat line of the day: Helena Pueyo from Arizona w/ 6 points, 5 assists, 9 rebounds, 6 steals and 3 blocks. That is some serious stat sheet stuffing.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Every single player (17) on the roster played in this game. When the last player on the bench scored on a reverse lay-up, the whole bench erupted in support. Loved to see that for the young lady :)

Duke started off slow 15 points in the 1st quarter.... the 4th quarter was sloppy with all of the deep reserves playing (only scored 12 points in the quarter) ..... the middle two quarters :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I can't recall offhand the last time we scored 40 points in a quarter.

Reaction Score
Not a big game, but Megan McConnell, sister of TJ McConnell and niece of Suzie McConnell-Serio has notched her second triple double of the season for Duquesne and her second consecutive 15-rebound game of the season (she's just 5'7" -- which is probably generous).

Reaction Score
Gonzaga apparently was shorthanded, only played 7. They hung in for a while against Stanford but eventually it got lopsided. Basically only 2 Zags were scoring (1 of the Truongs and Maxwell). Stanford went off behind the arc, 15-28. Demetre had maybe the best game of her career, 5 3's and 17 points. Brink didn't score a ton but had 16 rebounds.
I like Stanford but can Brink get like 15 shots a game. I feel like they need to look for her more.

Reaction Score
Some of these perennial powers struggling is something.

Louisville about to drop to 5-4.
Tennessee drops to 4-5.

Tennessee actually fought hard today without Rickea Jackson and Tamari Key sortve outplayed Liz Kitley. They have their issues but I don't think it was a bad loss.

Reaction Score

Looks like both Rickea Jackson and Jillian Hollingshead will not be playing vs Virginia Tech today

Jackson was a coach's decision. Hollingshead and Green(??) were due to injuries (concussion protocol).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Some of these perennial powers struggling is something.

Louisville about to drop to 5-4.
Tennessee drops to 4-5.

Tennessee actually fought hard today without Rickea Jackson and Tamari Key sortve outplayed Liz Kitley. They have their issues but I don't think it was a bad loss.

VPI played terrible today outside of Traylor. But I will give them credit... I expected them to lose today. Glad they didn't.... cause you know.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
We definitely need to kick Louisville back to the Metro conference :confused:
Is anyone gonna be left in the ACC when you get done kicking everybody out? At least VA Tech avoided your ire today.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I like Stanford but can Brink get like 15 shots a game. I feel like they need to look for her more.
Yeah, sometimes when I watch her I think she'd be a 20/10 player if she was at almost any other school. But it seems to be working okay for the Card and her thus far in her career.

Reaction Score

Rickea Jackson out indefinitely.

The way they frame it, they're making it sound like she's injured when they use the word "sidelined". It's a coach's decision which is something different from my perspective (e.g. discipline, academic, etc.).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I propose moving the rest of our home games to the U of Richmond arena.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
We definitely need to kick Louisville back to the Metro conference :confused:
I'd like to see Duke do better against the schedule Louisville played.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Is anyone gonna be left in the ACC when you get done kicking everybody out? At least VA Tech avoided your ire today.

1991 era ACC plus VaTech .. lawd knows i would love to kick a certain school out..... but we need to keep them for rivalries sake (UVA, Wake, State, and Duke all dislike them)

Send ND, and BC to the Big East, Syracuse to the Colonial, Miami to the Atlantic Sun, and Louisville to Metro

I'd like to see Duke do better against the schedule Louisville played.

My qualms aren't with losing its previous 3 games. Losing by nearly 20 and not being competitive after halftime to a middling MTSU team combined with the embarrassment that their men's program currently is...

camby.gif

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
My qualms aren't with losing its previous 3 games. Losing by nearly 20 and not being competitive after halftime to a middling MTSU team combined with the embarrassment that their men's program currently is...

View attachment 81519
Well, Louisville and NC State have basically been carrying the ACC ever since Notre Dame went into dumpster fire status a few years back. It eventually takes a toll to have to carry around dead weight like Boston College, Pitt, Clemson and Duke.

Reaction Score
Anyone else plan on watching NC State vs. Georgia? Two physical teams, Diamond Johnson vs. Diamond Battles won’t disappoint at all.
Georgia is balling right now. Doubling up nc state 28-14 early in the 2nd quarter.

Reaction Score
Georgia is balling right now. Doubling up nc state 28-14 early in the 2nd quarter.
NC State with the a strong second quarter and second half. Up by 12 with 41 seconds left Not the prettiest game but Mimi Collins stepped up for State. Georgia looked pretty rough offensively.

Reaction Score

How long is Barker supposed to be out for A&M? They really need her back ASAP.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
smh those darn aggies trying to mess up our strength of schedule :mad:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member