Big East WBB Media Day Tuesday, Oct 18 | The Boneyard

Big East WBB Media Day Tuesday, Oct 18

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
At Madison Square Garden. I may have mentioned this last year but the last AAC WBB media day UConn attended was at the Philadelphia Airport Marriott. MSG is a bit of a step up.

Men's events in the morning and the women's starts at 12:30. We'll probably see preseason lists released tomorrow morning. Reigning BE POY Maddie Siegrist will probably be preseason POY. Morrow will be second. Will Azzi be a unanimous pick for preseason all Big East? If not I want an investigation.

Reaction Score
I wonder which players will represent UConn

Got to think Paige and Azzi and with the maturity level expressed for Lou, she might be #3? Or maybe Nika. God, how will they choose???? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Last year, I believe only the players who received Big East preseason honors attended. Paige (Preseason POY), Azzi (Preseason FOY), Christyn, Olivia, & Aaliyah (Preseason First Team). My guess would be that Aaliyah & Azzi will attend (likely to be on the Preseason First Team). I could also see Caroline being on the Preseason First Team. Also, one of Ice or Ayanna is likely to win Preseason FOY as the highest ranked freshmen coming into the conference. Maybe even Nika will be in attendance as the reigning BE DPOY? I don’t think they give out a Preseason DPOY award but if they did, it’d likely be Nika’s to lose.

sun

Reaction Score
One media page wrote about its pre-season predictions.
They don't know if there will 5 or 10 players named to be all BE, but they only selected 5.

Preseason All-Big East Team​

Azzi Fudd, UConn
Aneesah Morrow, DePaul
Lauren Park-Lane, Seton Hall
Emma Ronsiek, Creighton
Maddy Siegrist, Villanova

Preseason Player of the Year: Maddy Siegrist, Villanova

Preseason Freshman of the Year: Ayanna Patterson, Connecticut*​

*Acknowledged the possibility of Ice Brady being named FOY depending on factors such as minutes played.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm thinking Azzi will be there for sure. It's her team.

Will Paige be there as the best player in the nation, though inactive?

Will Nika be there as the 3rd year PG?

Dorka or Lou as 5th year players?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
There is no reason for Paige to be there and she won't be. Tomorrow is about the upcoming season and Paige won't be a part of it. Geno said they no longer talk about not having Paige for the season. Why would he reverse that and have her be the center of attention?

Reaction Score
Just saw on Dorka’s social media that her, Caroline, Azzi, Ayanna & Aaliyah are in NYC so at least those 5 will be in attendance for media day. I’m guessing Dorka, Caroline, Azzi, and Aaliyah will be given Preseason First-Team honors (likely a 10-person team as well) and Ayanna will be named the Preseason FOY.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Just saw on Dorka’s social media that her, Caroline, Azzi, Ayanna & Aaliyah are in NYC so at least those 5 will be in attendance for media day. I’m guessing Dorka, Caroline, Azzi, and Aaliyah will be given Preseason First-Team honors (likely a 10-person team as well) and Ayanna will be named the Preseason FOY.

I saw the same group on Azzi's IG. It's a large group!

Reaction Score
At Madison Square Garden. I may have mentioned this last year but the last AAC WBB media day UConn attended was at the Philadelphia Airport Marriott. MSG is a bit of a step up.

Men's events in the morning and the women's starts at 12:30. We'll probably see preseason lists released tomorrow morning. Reigning BE POY Maddie Siegrist will probably be preseason POY. Morrow will be second. Will Azzi be a unanimous pick for preseason all Big East? If not I want an investigation.

Preseason “awards” mean diddly.
Much bigger fish to fry.
Play the games and settle the arguments on the court.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I predict the most improved team in the league will be Butler. A long way to go to build up the roster but they hired a really good coach in Austin Parkinson from IUPUI. They signed the runner-up to Shade for Miss Indiana Basketball -- Jessica Carruthers. In a few years this team could be the next Creighton.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I predict the most improved team in the league will be Butler. A long way to go to build up the roster but they hired a really good coach in Austin Parkinson from IUPUI. They signed the runner-up to Shade for Miss Indiana Basketball -- Jessica Carruthers. In a few years this team could be the next Creighton.
I believe Ayanna Patterson won Indiana Miss Basketball; Ashlyn won Gatorade POTY.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I believe Ayanna Patterson won Indiana Miss Basketball; Ashlyn won Gatorade POTY.
You're right. Carrothers was 2nd to Ayanna and won the Gatorade award for Indiana in 2021.

Here is what her coach (Parkinson) has to say:

"In my opinion, Jess has been the best player in the state over the past two seasons. Plain and simple, she is a winner! Jess appreciates what we are working to build here at Butler and she is showcasing that by being our staff's first Indiana recruit. She can create her own shot and at the same time create for others. She is a special player and will have both an immediate and long-lasting impact as a Bulldog."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom