Big East vs B12 '23-24 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big East vs B12 '23-24

Reaction Score
We played them in Kemper in the 94-95 season and then in the Civic Center in the 96-97 season. The game in Hartford was days after the suspension of Ricky Moore (a few games) and Kirk King (the remainder of his senior year).

That game at Kemper in '95 - we had just moved up that week to the #1 ranking for the first time ever and KU promptly clobbered us. Then KU was #1 going into our game in Hartford in '97. We struggled that season but gave the Jayhawks all we had. Think we were up like 23-7 to start the game and the Civic Center was going nuts.

0-3 all time vs. KU - we owe them one.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That game at Kemper in '95 - we had just moved up that week to the #1 ranking for the first time ever and KU promptly clobbered us.
It was a men's/women's doubleheader. The women won and that one wasn't easy. I remember that day well. We all met at my brother's apartment behind Little Marks in Vernon. Channel 26 had an OTB at the time and their handicapper just kept picking winners. I cleared $300 and sprang for BBQ.

Reaction Score
How could it not be UConn-Kansas? Battle of the Blue Bloods!
Good news is Kansas is losing a ton and next year will be full of highly rated freshmen and transfers that might not have jelled yet. Classic battle of top 6 blue bloods :)

Reaction Score
Should have had Kansas drag their butts to Storrs. The Mountain doesn’t go to Moses.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Texted my Kansas friend that we have to go. His response, "I don't want to watch us lose."
I had to watch UConn lose at Kemper, he can take the risk.
We've played at Kansas, has Kansas ever played here? Champ should get the home game.
Not at Allen Field House, it was at Kemper arena in KC. KU played at the Civic Center but not Gampel.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I got it all planned once the date of the game is finalized and I get one of your extra tickets:
  • If on a weekend, schedule a personal day on whichever day bookends the trip. We get two a year at my school, so I'll make it count.
  • Fly to Kansas for the first time since my first plane ride to Kansas City. Visit my dad's side of the family in the Lenexa/Shawnee area.
Boom, helped you whittle down what you'll do with the extra tickets ;). I get to see a bucket list basketball arena and see my cousins/aunts/uncles for the first time in fifteen years.
Nice. There is a new airport. I used to live in Lenexa after L School and have friends there and in Shawnee and relatives all over metro KC. Suggest going to KC, while many major cities are down, it's much, much nicer than it was 20 years ago. You can take K10 to Lawrence, hit up Massachusetts Street, and I highly recommend Lawrence Beer Company for some NE IPAs. Free State Brewing on Mass is nostalgic for me, but the beer isn't as good.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I'm fairly confident I can get some. Just not sure I can get extras. It's obviously going to be a hot ticket.
If you have an extra one or two .....

Reaction Score
Is this game going to be on ESPN or FOX? The B12 is an ESPN conference, right?

Reaction Score
It should be on CBS. It might be the biggest regular season game of the year
Dauster said last night that it's on a Friday night, so I doubt CBS will carry it (or even could carry it with the TV contracts?)

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I think this is the last year of the Gavitt games contract. I hope we play Indiana at home.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Can we get some 4k broadcasts this year? I believe only 2 games this year for UConn were and I was pretty shocked to find the BE and NCAAs weren't either. Maybe this game will be enough of a draw for them to bust out the good cameras.

Reaction Score
I think this is the last year of the Gavitt games contract. I hope we play Indiana at home.
It is the last year but we won't be included unless something has changed. We were not in the league when the contract was signed so can't be included

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
If @kobe didn't already know his school was a mid-major, I think his new conference just hammered that point home.
rumor floating around is cincinnati declined to participate because they didn't want to play a mid-major on Flosports, peakcock tv or w/e channel the little east plays on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom