Big East vs B12 '23-24 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big East vs B12 '23-24

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Of course its at Kansas.. If you think Bill Self is goin' to bring his squad to itty bitty Storrs.. BB Capital of the World.. You be crazy!!
This is better for us. Think about it. We'll get a home game next year. Eventually it will be KU.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Nice. Need three more H/H P5 series. Two at home; one away.

Reaction Score
We had OSU this year.
Interesting to note Kansas had a home game last year too. They must've tweaked the matchups with the added teams and Texas/OU on the way out.

@ Kansas, 2 vs Texas, Louisville, or Indiana and the Jimmy V is a heck of a 2023-24 OOC schedule. Hope we can add a good home game, but with the strength of the BE if Hurley wants to do 7 cupcakes more power to him.

Reaction Score
I'm fairly confident I can get some. Just not sure I can get extras. It's obviously going to be a hot ticket.
I got it all planned once the date of the game is finalized and I get one of your extra tickets:
  • If on a weekend, schedule a personal day on whichever day bookends the trip. We get two a year at my school, so I'll make it count.
  • Fly to Kansas for the first time since my first plane ride to Kansas City. Visit my dad's side of the family in the Lenexa/Shawnee area.
Boom, helped you whittle down what you'll do with the extra tickets ;). I get to see a bucket list basketball arena and see my cousins/aunts/uncles for the first time in fifteen years.

Reaction Score
Yea I want to be at that one. KC trip loading?!?!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We've played at Kansas, has Kansas ever played here? Champ should get the home game.

Reaction Score
UConn at Kansas
Texas at Marquette
Houston at Xavier
Villanova at Kansas St
SJU
at WVU
Creighton at Oklahoma St
PC at OU
Iowa St at DePaul
TT at Butler
TCU at Georgetown
SHU at Baylor

BE wins 6-5

Reaction Score
Next year’s schedule is going to be absolutely brutal. Big East revamped plus KU, and then very likely IU and Texas at MSG. Still need a marquee home matchup too. Preferably 2 of them.

Reaction Score
Kansas has won 87% of their nearly 900 games at Allen Fieldhouse over the years, so this is not going to be easy. Should be fun, though!
I’ve been waiting almost 30 years for revenge of being crushed out there ( I know it wasn’t on campus) as a number 1 and those taunts of overrated are something you never forget . Beating them on their own floor won’t be easy but it’s doable.

Reaction Score
Aren’t we in their Jimmy v classic as well? W/ UNC and two teams TBD? That’s could be:

-Indiana, Texas, KU, UNC, another P5 in Jimmy V, and a P5 home game. Just OOC.

Then a big east schedule featuring 2 other teams in the preseason top 10.

That schedule is going to be brutal, and fantastic.

Reaction Score
We've never beaten them.

EVER. (albeit only 0-3)

Im glad we get a chance in pre-season OOC and not with Tournament pressure to break this damn seal.
Didnt Kansas beat us badly the first time we ever reached #1 ranking?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Interesting to note Kansas had a home game last year too. They must've tweaked the matchups with the added teams and Texas/OU on the way out.

@ Kansas, 2 vs Texas, Louisville, or Indiana and the Jimmy V is a heck of a 2023-24 OOC schedule. Hope we can add a good home game, but with the strength of the BE if Hurley wants to do 7 cupcakes more power to him.
7 cupcakes and no marquee OOC home games is terrible.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I'm fairly confident I can get some. Just not sure I can get extras. It's obviously going to be a hot ticket.
Who will you be repping in this game?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We've played at Kansas, has Kansas ever played here? Champ should get the home game.
We played them in Kemper in the 94-95 season and then in the Civic Center in the 96-97 season. The game in Hartford was days after the suspension of Ricky Moore (a few games) and Kirk King (the remainder of his senior year).

Reaction Score
Aren’t we in their Jimmy v classic as well? W/ UNC and two teams TBD? That’s could be:

-Indiana, Texas, KU, UNC, another P5 in Jimmy V, and a P5 home game. Just OOC.

Then a big east schedule featuring 2 other teams in the preseason top 10.

That schedule is going to be brutal, and fantastic.
UNC would be the team in the Jimmy V Classic but other than that I agree. It's a strong start to the OOC schedule

Reaction Score
very likely IU and Texas at MSG
we play 2 teams in the empire? i thought it was like the champions classic where it's just a doubleheader, e.g., UConn v IU and UT v Lville and that's it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom