Big East Tournament bracket/TV times? | The Boneyard

Big East Tournament bracket/TV times?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Is there anything out there showing what the Big East Tournament bracket will look like, preferably with TV times? Or at the very least, how have they broken things up the last few years? Does the 1 seed still play at noon on Thursday? I'm trying to figure out what time UConn is most likely to play on that Thursday (or, if things really fall apart the rest of the way, Wednesday). I've tried googling it and can't find anything.

EDIT: Yes, I know that the bracket is far from set, but just looking to see what seeds play who, and when.

Reaction Score
Is there anything out there showing what the Big East Tournament bracket will look like, preferably with TV times? Or at the very least, how have they broken things up the last few years? Does the 1 seed still play at noon on Thursday? I'm trying to figure out what time UConn is most likely to play on that Thursday (or, if things really fall apart the rest of the way, Wednesday). I've tried googling it and can't find anything.

EDIT: Yes, I know that the bracket is far from set, but just looking to see what seeds play who, and when.
I don’t know - usually they let you know what seeds play at what times ahead of time but to me, that’s not a great idea because you figure if networks want quality TV ratings , you wait for the matchups to come out and then decide to put the big boys on in prime time(nova, UConn, St. John’s, Duke , cuse unc, etc) if I recall correctly we got screwed the past few years and had our games start at noon and 230 -while teams with lower TV ratings in the Midwest like Creighton Tulsa cincy etc. got the seven and 9:30 PM prime tip times. (the kemba step back game against pitt was on at noon on a Thursday which was ridiculous since most of the country didn’t get to see it- weird. Still can’t believe the first two rounds of the ncaa tournament are Friday through Monday - what in the world possessed them to schedule games on Monday at noon ? baffling. Now I have to figure out what days I’m going to call out from work. Bars and TV ratings will be taking big hits that Monday fir sure. And I don’t wanna hear the reasoning for Covid because what’s the difference between playing four games straight Friday through Monday or four games straight Thursday through Sunday ? still haven’t received a good answer from anybody.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Damn. Getting that 3 seed wud be lovely. Two 9pm prime time tip times for all of America to see us and showcase our player of the year. Course never works out that way. Lol. We re prolly looking at 4-5 seed tip times.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Damn. Getting that 3 seed wud be lovely. Two 9pm prime time tip times for all of America to see us and showcase our player of the year. Course never works out that way. Lol. We re prolly looking at 4-5 seed tip times.

Well, hopefully we can win the next 3 games then we'll be the #3 seed.

Reaction Score
We need to win at least 1 game to earn a bye if expected results hold. 2 if Xavier wins 2 games and St. John's wins at least 1.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Awesome timing! Also, this is even more incentive to get the 3 seed. I have a four month old and a three year old, and bedtime doesn't usually finish until close to 8:00. Give me those 9:00 games!!!

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
not the bracket it only has 10 teams
the one linked in the press release has 11. but they messed up the bottom section of the bracket diagram a little...

Reaction Score
Awesome timing! Also, this is even more incentive to get the 3 seed. I have a four month old and a three year old, and bedtime doesn't usually finish until close to 8:00. Give me those 9:00 games!!!
With ya- I have a 1 yr old and a 3 yr old. Sometimes I have to turn my phone off and DVR the game - the later the better - 6pm tip time wud be the worst. Right in the middle of everything. -LOL

Reaction Score
Imagine a conference that actually schedules their tip off times THREE hours apart rather than 2 hours. What a concept!!
They said this was new this year. They want to leave enough time to disinfect everything and have less people come in contact to each other coming and going.

Reaction Score
They said this was new this year. They want to leave enough time to disinfect everything and have less people come in contact to each other coming and going.
Yes...but the BET has always been smart and scheduled atleast 2.5 hours between tipoffs where the AAC always insisted on scheduling them 2 hours apart which makes no sense since games take more than two hours plus you need warmup time. Let's at least be realistic with the starting times for the 2nd games.

Reaction Score
Yes...but the BET has always been smart and scheduled atleast 2.5 hours between tipoffs where the AAC always insisted on scheduling them 2 hours apart which makes no sense since games take more than two hours plus you need warmup time. Let's at least be realistic with the starting times for the 2nd games.
Are you sure about this? To my recollection, every single-venue consecutive game I've ever seen has been nominally scheduled 2 hours after the start of the previous one. This includes Big East tournament games from the last go 'round.

Reaction Score
Are you sure about this? To my recollection, every single-venue consecutive game I've ever seen has been nominally scheduled 2 hours after the start of the previous one. This includes Big East tournament games from the last go 'round.
Does appear like that was the case in 2011

7762B600-559F-453E-9BA3-214403040432.png

Reaction Score
I did out our BET permutations.
  • If we win any game, we clinch a bye.
  • To get the 3 seed, Hall has to lose 1 of its last 2. If we don't beat them, they have to lose to St. John's and we have to win our other 2.
  • If Hall loses both (and so we beat them), we can lose our other 2 and still get the 3 seed if Xavier doesn't win 2 of their 3.
  • Using KenPom odds for the relevant games, our odds for each seed:
    356.13%
    429.82%
    512.32%
    61.46%
    70.28%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads