OT: - Big East teams thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Big East teams thread

Reaction Score
Nova plays a pretty good BYU team tomorrow. Someone other than UCONN needs to get to the Sweet 16 for the BE to get any mileage out of this Tourney. Nova has the best shot at it.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Nova plays a pretty good BYU team tomorrow. Someone other than UCONN needs to get to the Sweet 16 for the BE to get any mileage out of this Tourney. Nova has the best shot at it.
Maddy needs to have a great game to help Nova overcome BYU.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Mileage? What does that mean?

The other BE teams were seeded 10, 11 and 11. Creighton already overshot their seed by beating a 7.

Reaction Score
Mileage? What does that mean?

The other BE teams were seeded 10, 11 and 11. Creighton already overshot their seed by beating a 7.
Mileage means getting noticed by the type of quality recruits who can raise the level of the team and the conference. A Sweet 16 appearance does that.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Mileage means getting noticed by the type of quality recruits who can raise the level of the team and the conference. A Sweet 16 appearance does that.
I'm sorry, but this is a completely arbitrary threshold that you've just made up out of thin air. I'm rooting for the BE teams to do well, but let's not make it more than it is.

The MAC put 2 teams in the Sweet 16 a few years ago. Did that cause the nation's top recruits to start flocking to all the MAC schools?

Reaction Score
I'm sorry, but this is a completely arbitrary threshold that you've just made up out of thin air. I'm rooting for the BE teams to do well, but let's not make it more than it is.

The MAC put 2 teams in the Sweet 16 a few years ago. Did that cause the nation's top recruits to start flocking to all the MAC schools?
Of course it’s arbitrary. Just seems to me that getting to the Sweet 16 would generate interest by certain recruits. If you feel that it doesn’t matter and has no impact, that OK too.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I'm invoking the "historical anomaly" clause to have the DePaul game officially erased from the historical record. Therefore I consider the Big East to be 3-0 thus far :)

Nova fell behind BYU early but they didn't panic, stayed true to their identity and their game plan, and came out with a huge win.

To all the haterz who said the Big East should be a 1-bid conference.

chair dance gif.gif

Reaction Score
'Way to go Maddy S.!!!! 25 points... what a poised team!
The Big East is proud of you! Next up ?? Michigan!!
A shout out for Marquette against Purue on Monday ( WNIT ).

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
'Way to go Maddy S.!!!! 25 points... what a poised team!
The Big East is proud of you! Next up ?? Michigan!!
A shout out for Marquette against Purue on Monday ( WNIT ).
19 in second half when it counted.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Nice win for Nova too!
BYU was sort of a chimera - their coach put out all that 'disrespect' statement saying his team was just as good as Stanford, SC, and any other top ten team. They went out and proved it ... they lost to an unranked team just like Uconn, SC, and most of the rest of the top 10.

They played 6 Power five teams and won 5 of the games but none of the games they won were against teams that ended the year ranked.

Plebe

Reaction Score
BYU was sort of a chimera - their coach put out all that 'disrespect' statement saying his team was just as good as Stanford, SC, and any other top ten team. They went out and proved it ... they lost to an unranked team just like Uconn, SC, and most of the rest of the top 10.

They played 6 Power five teams and won 5 of the games but none of the games they won were against teams that ended the year ranked.
Yeah, a curious season. They beat Florida State and West Virginia in November when both were ranked, but both turned out to be massive underachievers. Also beat Arizona State and dominated Washington State and Utah, and only lost to Oklahoma (in Norman) in overtime. Turns out that Utah, with its postseason surge, was their best win.

Reaction Score
I completely agree that Big East teams doing well in the NCAA tournament will help the conference in attracting better players! That is essentially what the poster is saying. Not sure why that would be questioned? Perhaps I missed something?

Reaction Score

That brings up something I often wonder about. When a team beats a ranked team early in the season (maybe not the very first game) and then that team proceeds to underperform and then drops in the rankings, that win is often dismissed. I’m not sure why? After all, they had to have earned that ranking by their play up to that point. So, if my team beats the number 8 ranked team for example, then that team underperforms and ends up number 24, it still doesn’t change the fact that we beat the 8th ranked team. I’m just curious how others feel about that whole situation, I guess?

Reaction Score
Beyond huge for the team and the conference. Go Nova. This has been a fun tourney.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom