Big East reveals MEN'S conference schedule for 2021-2022 | The Boneyard

Big East reveals MEN'S conference schedule for 2021-2022

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Where is the women's schedule? I guess the Big East is just as bad as the NCAA when it come's to the women's basketball.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Where is the women's schedule? I guess the Big East is just as bad as the NCAA when it come's to the women's basketball.
That’s what I’m wondering. I assumed (incorrectly) that the women’s schedule would be released soon after the men’s. We known where their priorities lay. :confused: Maybe by the end of today.

Reaction Score
I am wondering if I have missed the announcement of the Big East women's conference schedule? It appears the other major conferences have shared their schedules. Is there a reason for the delay in the Big East announcement? Thanks for sharing any information about why the delay.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
What's going on with the Big East? They've released the Men's last Thursday and here we are a week later and NO Women's conference schedule. I guess they're almost as bad as the NCAA when it comes to Men's and Women's basketball. At least the NCAA has finally allowed the Women to us the March Madness title for the NCAA Basketball tournament.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I think they are waiting to see if any teams want to move out of the conference

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I think they are waiting to see if any teams want to move out of the conference
That has nothing to do with this years schedule, I believe the earliest that anyone can move out is 2025.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
There must be a snag somewhere. The BE conference released their schedule mid- September last year. Tomorrow is the last day of the month. Most of the other conferences have already released their men’s and women’s final conference schedules. As of 8:53 pm ET, the Big East website has not posted the woman’s bb schedule. So, as the narrator in Casablanca said in the opening of the 1942 movie, referencing people waiting there for exit visas, we wait, and wait, and wait. :(

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It’s usually scheduling games for television that’s the hold up. If an outlet holds the rights to a game, they get some say as to what dates it can be played. After all, the outlet has to move people and equipment to the venue and logistics have to be considered. With UConn, multiple outlets need to weigh in, so it bogs the whole scheduling thing down.

Then there’s the schedule of the opposing teams. Their logistics need to be taken into account as well.

It’s why we wait so long for the schedule - unless you guys want to go back to untelevised games?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom