Big East ramping up efforts for bubble | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big East ramping up efforts for bubble

Reaction Score
They ought to go for a "double bubble" and play for 3-4 weeks after Thanksgiving and then 2-3 weeks from after Christmas until mid or later January depending on the various schools' class schedules. They could get 15 or so games in and almost complete their league schedules before Uncle Ned shuts it all down.

Reaction Score
I’m a little confused as to why the bubble for only 2 weeks and in January? They will be fine to play on campus the whole season but these 2 weeks are the exception?

Reaction Score
So just to be clear, this really isn’t college basketball any longer. Taking kids from campus and locking the up in what will be admittedly a guided cage for 3 months so they don’t miss a basketball game is just beyond the beyond. And I get the kids want to play and all that. But this is just wrong on so many levels.

Nonsense!

Reaction Score
Nonsense!
Yeah it's nonsense because he's making a comment about locking up the kids for 3 months and all the article said was 2 weeks in early January when they're on semester break and not missing any classes or anything on campus since nobody will be there. So yeah his comments were nonsensical.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
More games being scheduled at Mohegan. With almost 1,600 rooms all within walking distance to practices and games seems like the easy choice if Big East goes bubble.

It's a good reason why the Dunk would work as well. I suspect most of the hotels in downtown Providence are empty, and it's adjacent to the convention center and Hilton.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom