Big East ramping up efforts for bubble | The Boneyard

Big East ramping up efforts for bubble

Reaction Score
If we don't want to make changes to the schedule, a bubble makes the most sense. As @UConnMike04 says, Mohegan makes a ton of sense. A Philly bubble at the Palestra would be pretty sweet too.

However, some smaller conferences are doing it like college hockey schedules...two games in two nights at the same location and more time in between games.

Reaction Score
So just to be clear, this really isn’t college basketball any longer. Taking kids from campus and locking the up in what will be admittedly a guided cage for 3 months so they don’t miss a basketball game is just beyond the beyond. And I get the kids want to play and all that. But this is just wrong on so many levels.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Mohegan has been hosting “bubbles” over the past few months for MMA / Boxing (there was one last night), so they have a track record of successfully hosting sport events in this environment, which likely led to them hosting the Legends Classic. I’d like Mohegan for BE bubble simply because I trust them to run a tight ship.

Reaction Score
So just to be clear, this really isn’t college basketball any longer. Taking kids from campus and locking the up in what will be admittedly a guided cage for 3 months so they don’t miss a basketball game is just beyond the beyond. And I get the kids want to play and all that. But this is just wrong on so many levels.
Let’s just call it what it is. The NCAA can’t keep clinging to the idea that high level college sports (mainly football and basketball) are “amateurs.” Amateurs don’t generate billions of dollars. They aren’t even really minor league sports, minor leagues don’t generate that type of revenue. The NCAA and these conferences have taken huge financial hits; they’ll go to extreme lengths to ensure a season occurs and they generate the revenue they need. The NCAA can’t really afford to have another March Madness canceled.

Reaction Score
You've gone from constant nonsensical whining on this to now being straight up offensive.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Mohegan has been hosting “bubbles” over the past few months for MMA / Boxing (there was one last night), so they have a track record of successfully hosting sport events in this environment, which likely led to them hosting the Legends Classic. I’d like Mohegan for BE bubble simply because I trust them to run a tight ship.
but then, the whole place is probably full of covid cooties

Reaction Score

I live in Indy... not many people here are fans of wearing masks and businesses being shut down, rightfully so. I wouldn’t mind having this, but I’d be pissed bc I can’t be in attendance ...gotta wonder what the douches at the NCAA would say/implement though

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
They're not being held against their own will. Relax.

Reaction Score

It’s not mandatory. They don’t have to do it. But I bet they want to. Just like The League.

Reaction Score
@freescooter, you needed to read the article before commenting. I'd agree with you if they were talking about doing this for an entire season. They're talking about 2 weeks in January when students are on semester break. A time when the players would be playing games anyway and living on campus by themselves. Sounds fine to me.

The conference’s goal would be for its teams to play five or six conference games during a potential two-week span in January if it implements a bubble in early 2021, according to a source.

Reaction Score
UConn, CT, and Mohegan are actually better suited to host the bubble than any other university. If you want to avoid congested cities. Then again, you could host it at MSG as long as proper protocols are followed.

Reaction Score
1604720367948.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom