Big East post season thread (merged thread) | The Boneyard

Big East post season thread (merged thread)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Beat SEC team Florida today in the first round of the WBIT. Pretty impressive performance by Unique

C99B680F-241F-44ED-B2A9-92E88B63DC73.jpeg

Reaction Score
You can't convince me St Johns wasn't better than Columbia. Doesn't say much for the Big East when the men and women only get three teams in the tournament and the Ivy gets two in the women's

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Extra drama in the backstory of this game, with Leilani Correa having transferred from SJU to Florida. I'll have to go back and watch the replay of the handshake line :cool:

Chalk one up for the good guys against the evil empire.

Reaction Score
Extra drama in the backstory of this game, with Leilani Correa having transferred from SJU to Florida. I'll have to go back and watch the replay of the handshake line :cool:

Chalk one up for the good guys against the evil empire.
Didn't Correa have a couple of terrific games against the Huskies a couple of years back?

Plebe

Reaction Score
You can't convince me St Johns wasn't better than Columbia. Doesn't say much for the Big East when the men and women only get three teams in the tournament and the Ivy gets two in the women's
St John's had a disastrous performance in the nonconference schedule, which could not be offset by beating a couple bubble teams in the Big East.

I'm happy for them (and for the BE) for their decisive win over Florida, but that doesn't mean they earned an NCAA bid.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I thought I would start one thread to follow UConn’s conference-mates. There were some nice wins yesterday over Power 5 teams.

The number before the school name is the team’s seed in the tourneys (corrected)

6FE66B00-D253-4E0E-9043-1326A661AD48.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Didn't Correa have a couple of terrific games against the Huskies a couple of years back?
I think she did, but I also do remember UConn's defense shutting her down after her first introduction at Storrs. She was a great player, and I was disappointed to see her leave St. Johns. However, I didn't see her play after the Johnnies, but I hope she did well with her new teammates at Florida.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I thought I would start one thread to follow UConn’s conference-mates. There were some nice wins yesterday over Power 5 teams.

The number before the school name is the team’s seed in the tourneys

View attachment 98035
Nan Butler also won yesterday against Bowling Green 75-63 in the WNIT. I think it was a play-in game for Monday. So the Big East is currently 4-1 in Tournament play.

Reaction Score
I think she did, but I also do remember UConn's defense shutting her down after her first introduction at Storrs. She was a great player, and I was disappointed to see her leave St. Johns. However, I didn't see her play after the Johnnies, but I hope she did well with her new teammates at Florida.

She is the 6 six player of the year in the SEC

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Nan Butler also won yesterday against Bowling Green 75-63 in the WNIT. I think it was a play-in game for Monday. So the Big East is currently 4-1 in Tournament play.
Thanks. I’ll revise my list

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Yesterday's Creighton game was fun to watch. They were in sync and clicking on everything. Have to wonder if they hadn't had the bad game vs Georgetown, what would have happened in the Big East final game. If I bet, I'd put money on them vs UCLA tomorrow. :D

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
It's a shame that the NCAA didn't insist that the WBIT be carried on an actual TV channel and not ESPN+.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Villanova dominated at home against Virginia, 73-55, behind Olsen's 30-piece on very efficient shooting. Dalce dominated the glass with 15 boards including 7 offensive. Nova advances to the QF to face St. Joseph's, who won at Cal today.

St. John's lost by 1 point at Toledo. Led by 9 with about 8 minutes to play but went cold and came up short.

Georgetown was tied at Tulsa with 6:30 to play but didn't score again. Tough end to an otherwise great postseason ride for the Hoyas.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom