Big East OOC tracker | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Big East OOC tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The only thing wrong with the analogy is I suspect the MEAC will be a significantly better balanced league .
When you number one team for a mid major conference is the consensus best team in the country that skews the results a tad.
It may very well be balanced. I just took their difference on Kenpom (still in large part projection):

Howard: -6.32
Coppin State: -21.97

and found two schools with an equivalent difference.

Perhaps better would have been UConn and Chatanooga.

I know math is hard for some, and being able to distinguish between levels of bad is particularly so. But the first two teams we played are so terrible there's literally nothing we can draw from it. We may be amazing and the best team in the conference, but we can't tell.

Further, nobody is forced to be impressed by any team, but a 20 point win against a team that may win it's low major conference and an OT road loss to a Top 10 team is objectively better than what most schools have done.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Hall is tough. Built like trucks, willing defenders, and well coached. Going to be a very tough out all season.

Reaction Score
It may very well be balanced. I just took their difference on Kenpom (still in large part projection):

Howard: -6.32
Coppin State: -21.97

and found two schools with an equivalent difference.

Perhaps better would have been UConn and Chatanooga.

I know math is hard for some, and being able to distinguish between levels of bad is particularly so. But the first two teams we played are so terrible there's literally nothing we can draw from it. We may be amazing and the best team in the conference, but we can't tell.

Further, nobody is forced to be impressed by any team, but a 20 point win against a team that may win it's low major conference and an OT road loss to a Top 10 team is objectively better than what most schools have done.
No one is saying anyone should be impressed with UConn so far. Also no one is judging Nova’s impressiveness by the results. I’m simply judging it by the eye test. They don’t seem to be as good as Nova has been in the past, and I see multiple flaws. You’re talking “math” and thinking way to hard about this. That game against UCLA wasn’t well played by either team.

My overarching point was no win against any mid major this season should be taken for granted. We shouldn’t assume a comfortable win against anybody. So when we get it enjoy it.

Reaction Score
I’m sorry I’m excited for the hall and love this for the big East…..but SH is not the #9 team in the country
If his ranking is based mostly on actual games and not preseason hype or end of season projections I say why not? They have by far the most impressive win of the season (Duke, BYU, UCLA & Gonzaga distant), they look much better than Illinois who is ranked #10, and they blew out the cupcakes they played.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The BIG 10 teams build themselves for the BIG 10 and league play
The only teams that do well from that league in the big dance are ones that face smaller overall teams in the draw or if a BIG 10 team has 2 extremely strong, good shooting guards.

Reaction Score
If his ranking is based mostly on actual games and not preseason hype or end of season projections I say why not? They have by far the most impressive win of the season (Duke, BYU, UCLA & Gonzaga distant), they look much better than Illinois who is ranked #10, and they blew out the cupcakes they played.
They wouldn't look much better than Illinois with Kofi. They're good, probably definitely top 25 good. But top 10? I don't see it. I hope we're all top 10 lol. But we'll see, its why we play the games

Reaction Score
After my unequivocal Seton Hall loss prediction I have some new picks to take to the crypto bank.

Seriously tonight's 4 games are interesting with OSU visiting Xavier. Home edge goes to Xavier. Providence should avoid the big letdown vs New Hampshire. St. Johns hasn't looked great headed to DePaul and the transfer they lost has hurt them. Finally Ole Miss going to be tough down in Charleston vs Marquette looks to be the biggest challenge.

Early season is a work in progress for many teams especially those hit by graduations and transfers. And BB is the sport where a hot guy can change games. But it's great to see the league building a resume. Good coaches in this league helps a lot.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Ohio St’s guards are not that good. Paul Scruggs should do whatever he wants tonight. The guy is tough.

The Johnnies are getting 6 pts tonight at Indiana, their guards are also not great. I expect Posh to dial up the on-ball pressure. Champagnie needs to play great.

Butler over Michigan St might be tough. Michigan St needs a W.

DePaul and Rutgers - what a battle of trash. But I think Rutgers wins this.

Reaction Score
last night wasn't seton hall's only big victory -- they also demolished a yale team that a few days prior had demolished umass.

at the time, i rationalized it saying, "wow! umass must be REALLY bad" but maybe hall is also REALLY good.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
last night wasn't seton hall's only big victory -- they also demolished a yale team that a few days prior had demolished umass.

at the time, i rationalized it saying, "wow! umass must be REALLY bad" but maybe hall is also REALLY good.
UMass is also very bad

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Ohio St’s guards are not that good. Paul Scruggs should do whatever he wants tonight. The guy is tough.

The Johnnies are getting 6 pts tonight at Indiana, their guards are also not great. I expect Posh to dial up the on-ball pressure. Champagnie needs to play great.

Butler over Michigan St might be tough. Michigan St needs a W.

DePaul and Rutgers - what a battle of trash. But I think Rutgers wins this.
pro tip: never bet on the johnnies, ever. they should be called st elsewhere, cuz after every game, their reality as opposed to their expectations, always seems to be elsewhere. when exactly have they ever been good? a 1000 years ago?
until they actually do something, count me out. i might have to change my nickname to 'missouri clif.' it's appropriate that they're located a long three away from the jets, knicks, and mets in makebelieveland. but hey, the sportswriters there have to do something to collect a check......

Reaction Score
They wouldn't look much better than Illinois with Kofi. They're good, probably definitely top 25 good. But top 10? I don't see it. I hope we're all top 10 lol. But we'll see, its why we play the games
I know where you coming from but it's not like Kofi went down during the game. He was suspended a couple of weeks ago so that means Illinois was ranked #10 in the latest poll based on him not playing and Seton Hall has looked much better than them. They went into Ann Arbor and no fluke beat a final four contender.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How about showing a little respect for the CCSU & Coppin State players.
LOL. Yeah we won 2 games by 40 and one by 59. We played 3 teams who had no business playing us. Respect would have been to play the walk ons for the second half. Respect, truthfully, would have been not to schedule games against teams you know you will humiliate. And make know mistake. That is how those kids feel. Me posting that middle school team would win half the games isn’t nearly as disrespectful as beating a team by 50. Trust me. Those LIU kids and Central kids and Coppin kids were embarrassed on national tv so Danny can puff out his chest.

He’s fraidy scared of playing a schedule like Villanova is playing. But then, that’s why Villanova is too good for the NOOB. ANY ONE ANY WHERE.

Reaction Score
LOL. Yeah we won 2 games by 40 and one by 59. We played 3 teams who had no business playing us. Respect would have been to play the walk ons for the second half. Respect, truthfully, would have been not to schedule games against teams you know you will humiliate. And make know mistake. That is how those kids feel. Me posting that middle school team would win half the games isn’t nearly as disrespectful as beating a team by 50. Trust me. Those LIU kids and Central kids and Coppin kids were embarrassed on national tv so Danny can puff out his chest.

He’s fraidy scared of playing a schedule like Villanova is playing. But then, that’s why Villanova is too good for the NOOB. ANY ONE ANY WHERE.

russell westbrook lol GIF by ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69