Big East OOC tracker | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Big East OOC tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
22-2. Two bigs wins tonight. 4 big games tomorrow night.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Providence’s guards might be the worst I’ve seen in some time…literally zero game management and cannot handle any type of press.

Big W for them, but they’ll struggle vs. good guard teams.

Reaction Score
Providence’s guards might be the worst I’ve seen in some time…literally zero game management and cannot handle any type of press.

Big W for them, but they’ll struggle vs. good guard teams.
They didn't get Nate Watson a shot in the last 8 minutes. It's kinda criminal they won that game.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Missouri coughs one up to Kansas City. Cuonzo Martin may be one of the more overrated coaches in recent history. He has gotten three solid P6 jobs and other than trade up every chance he gets, has really done nothing with any of them.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Hall's not beating Michigan in Ann Arbor. Pretty good shot at the other 3. We'll see which Creighton shows up.

Nebraska sucks, so Creighton should win that. St. Johns is better than Indiana. Seton Hall vs. Michigan should be a good game, but Michigan is better. I am not a big fan of Butler.

Reaction Score
Trayce Jackson-Davis vs. Champagnie should be quite fun. Indiana will probably be favored at home, though.

Reaction Score
From what I saw the refs let them play in the Marquette Wisconsin game. So many times where i was expecting (conditioned) a call but there wasn't. There needs to be more of that. Espeically with the bullys UConn has now with Sanogo, Whaley, Martin, and Jackson. Let the kids play and enough with the ticky tack fouls.

Fun game to watch down the stretch mainly cause refs didn't get as involved as we've seen in the past. Both teams can probably complain about lack of calls but IMO thats better that complaining about too many calls or too many bad calls.

Reaction Score
so... the Big East closes the night with the highest OOC winning percentage in the nation. I know its early... but that's nice to have for the night! ;)

Reaction Score
The Gods were watching over the Big East tonight. Marquette has grit, but they are clearly in rebuild mode. PC had moments, though their decision-making (zero touches for Watson at the end; Durham resorting to Hero ball) and abysmal free throw shooting were something to behold.

Illinois and Wisconsin were underwhelming.

Nevertheless, great wins by our BE mates that will pay dividends down the road.! These wins look good on paper and with the metrics.

Reaction Score
Kur Kuath is one of those most under-heralded transfer pickups in the Big East, but his athleticism, rim-protection and defensive intensity will make him a heck of a pest to play against for the Big East bigs.

By the end of the season, don't be surprised if Kuath battles Whaley as the conference's big defensive big.

Between Kuath, Prosper (who really impressed me with his fluidity) and Morsell (Big 10 DPOY), Marquette is going to be a real scrappy team to play against.

Also interesting how Smart went without a "true" PG: Tyler Kolek and Morsell shared the role of lead guard.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This morning's Kenpom conference ratings:

1637077567355.png

Reaction Score
I think this will be a tough night for the BE. Marquette's team is not ready to face another power program yet and while I think Providence has a shot because WI is young and doesn't have any outstanding talent, it's very hard to win in the Kohl center.

I think the rest of the conference will make up for it in the later games, but after tonight and tomorrow it'll probably be 3-1 B10 (I think it ends 4-4)

Who is this guy? 0-2 to start? Don't listen to him... knows nothing!

did kolek not kick the ball for the steal?? what a crazy finish. illinois choked!

I had a very clear angle on this, Kolek deflected it and Frazier knocked it into Kolek's leg. Since it wasn't intentional, it should not be called (I can see the argument though)

That officiating was AWFUL (in favor of Marquette). They basically handed them the game, and Marquette still almost blew it by making like 25% of their free throws in the last 5 minutes. Pretty sure on that game winning steal the kid kicked the ball too. Pretty bad. Great game though

It was terrible all around. might have favored Marquette late, but all that did was make up for some bad calls and non-calls from earlier.
It's the 9th best B1G team and a team playing without their pre-season 1st team All-American. Still nice wins for conference metrics, especially since the weaker win was on the road..

Providence looked pretty terrible down the stretch, both from coaching and execution standpoint.

Like I said, WI isn't that good. Young, lots of turnover, not a ton of talent. But this comparison isn't totally fair. Prov is 8th in BE vs WI 9th in B10. And yes, ILL was without Cockburn, but they got beat by a team with 90% turnover, new coach, no returning starters, 9 new scholarship players, 5 of which are true freshman.

34 on Wisconsin is a punk

His name is Floppy McDickpunch. For all his flops and shots to opposing players groins... obviously. WI is full of whiny players though. B10 so over rated and full of pansies who complain when things don't go their way. So glad they are being exposed so far this year.

Go BIG EAST! Excited for the games tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom