Big East OOC tracker | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Big East OOC tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah I was surprised when I saw them at #5 in a lot of BE preseason rankings. I think this league is 5 bids (us, nova, johnnies, hall, x) with Providence being a wildcard. Creighton & Marquette will probably win some random games. Gtown butler and DePaul…. Woof.
Ya, I didn't get it either. Sure, they returned everyone, but everyone was pretty mediocre last season.

Reaction Score
St. Johns having a terrible time putting the ball in the basket at Indiana. Must be a tough place to adjust to.

Reaction Score
If St. John’s can come back a win here would go a long way on selection Sunday if they’re gonna hover around bubble territory all season

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
LOL. Yeah we won 2 games by 40 and one by 59. We played 3 teams who had no business playing us. Respect would have been to play the walk ons for the second half. Respect, truthfully, would have been not to schedule games against teams you know you will humiliate. And make know mistake. That is how those kids feel. Me posting that middle school team would win half the games isn’t nearly as disrespectful as beating a team by 50. Trust me. Those LIU kids and Central kids and Coppin kids were embarrassed on national tv so Danny can puff out his chest.

He’s fraidy scared of playing a schedule like Villanova is playing. But then, that’s why Villanova is too good for the NOOB. ANY ONE ANY WHERE.
this is wrong.
coach knew he would be taking a team with a unipolar offense (james) and changing it to a multipolar offense this season, with a lot of new faces coming in, and others now ready for play, when he planned the sked. a lot of extended practice time that only exists for a moment and which allows him to see actually how the parts fit together in a low risk way. smart.
it doesn't matter how other teams prepare for their season, and it looks like he has the squad's ability much better in mind after this run.
we always play superior defense. offense was the question before this season.

Reaction Score
Ok. I feel the momentum on Johnies side. Just like S.H yesterday. Keep it close long enough and you may walk out with a victory

Reaction Score
Ok. I feel the momentum on Johnies side. Just like S.H yesterday. Keep it close long enough and you may walk out with a victory
When Champagnie didn't get that and 1 call. When he was pushed into the stanchion. Johnnie's already had some momentum at that point, but I felt that was a significant moment.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Butler is just a slow and unathletic team. They couldn't beat any of MSU's defenders off the dribble, which makes it tough to create an offense. UConn should sweep them.

SJU is fast and plays with energy. They make some of their shots a little tougher than they need to be, but they make things happen at both ends and speed the other team up into making mistakes. Indiana is playing well tonight though. This is a really fun game.

Edit: Indiana is making some really tough shots. Not much the Johnnies can do about some of these.

Reaction Score
What a game! This league man. I'm loving it.

I can't wait to see UConn @ St. John's - MSG. It's gonna be a big time show

Reaction Score
It was a fun streak while it lasted, oh well!

MSU was the only team to have seen another high major opponent before the Gavitt Games and I really think it showed. Plus Butler is pretty mediocre. St. Johns is going to be fun to watch though. Wish they had pulled it out in the end!

Reaction Score
Gtown butler and DePaul…. Woof.
Some positives on each of these teams:
  • When Georgetown lost to Dartmouth, Tim Ighoefe did not play. Between Malcom Wilson and Ryan Mutombo, Georgetown had to play bigs with a combined 35 minutes of NCAA experience. In their second game against American, Ighoefe started, played 21 minutes and went 6p, 11r. Curious how the team continues to play w/ Ighoefe starting, letting Mutombo to season at his own rate.
  • DePaul has started the season without both Oregon transfer Jalen Terry and top-100 freshman Ahamad Bynum. In their absence, JUCO transfer Philmon Gebrewhit has really stepped up, averaging 13.5 ppg. Sophomore wing David Jones has also been great, averaging 19.5p, 13r, 3s, 2b. Would love to see them beat Rutgers today.
  • They've only played one game w/ Aaron Thompson while Bo Hodges (8.2p, 6.0r, 2.3a) and Myles Tate (6.7p, 2.3a) haven't played yet. With these absences, freshman Jayden Taylor has stepped up (11.3p). It's a deep team and were short 3 key players in their first three games.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
checking the scores this am, it looks like the johnnycoats lost. imagine that, and to the team that, at best in big 10 kookooland preseason predictions, is expected to be 7th in the League of Zero Champions. (don't look at espn's big 10 preseason jabber - it's all aboot the undisputable greatness of that stinko mich team.)
gameplan against st elsewhere? hmmm, with aboot 70 shots pg, and one guy taking aboot 30, ...... prognosis, negative. they should have offered Josh Carlton all of manhattan island to come there. instant backbone, instant credibility. oh well, it is the johnnycoats. much ado aboot nuthin. again.
hey! let's have a tune to celebrate!

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Providence is struggling with New Hampshire, Xavier has a solid 9-point lead at the half over Ohio State, and Marquette is likely in a dog fight with Ole Miss.

Reaction Score
So much fun watching Southington’s Nick Guadarrama battle Nate Watson down in the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom