Big East OOC Thread 23/24 | Page 32 | The Boneyard

Big East OOC Thread 23/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Because in your scenario the ref makes a call that the ball belongs to one team, and then that call is reviewed. There was no call made on that play yesterday. They need to change the replay rule.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
is this you?

friarb
Posted on Dec 2nd, 12:25 AM, , User Since 217 months ago, User Post Count: 1861
  • Dec 2nd, 12:25 AM
  • 217 months
"They are amongst the most obnoxious fan bases for sure. They think they are royalty when in fact most of them dont act college educated. They like going in to an opposing arena and take over, blurting out this stupid uconn uconn chant and they probably were offended they werent given courtside seats. They have been the luckiest college team ever having been to 5 national championship games winning them all. Mathematically next to impossible. And the blue blood conversation is a joke. They missed the tourney like 8 times in last 20 yrs or something like that and they have 500 fewer wins than the only blue bloods, Kentucky Kansas North Carolina and Duke. As a fan base, they have no self awareness and massive ego , that likes to be heard...Hurley = lunatic..."

Im going to guess "friar" is a pretty common username name for Providence fans. Same for "husky" for UConn fans. The only difference is the large number of people here who can't spell "husky" (huske, huskee, huskie, etc).

Reaction Score
Im going to guess "friar" is a pretty common username name for Providence fans. Same for "husky" for UConn fans. The only difference is the large number of people here who can't spell "husky" (huske, huskee, Husky, etc).
I agree but is it common for Providence fans to go on other teams boards and make accounts? Especially a Kansas board?

TJT

Reaction Score
Back to back days with the BE going 1-3. League is down from years past. Expect that to affect computer ratings and at large bids. Will not likely see as many teams make the tourney as previous seasons. Mid tier BE teams might be in very dangerous positions on Selection Sunday.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Back to back days with the BE going 1-3. League is down from years past. Expect that to affect computer ratings and at large bids. Will not likely see as many teams make the tourney as previous seasons. Mid tier BE teams might be in very dangerous positions on Selection Sunday.

Because of yesterday?

Auburn lost to App State today. Did that cost the SEC multiple bids, or does the sky only fall on the Big East?

Reaction Score
Every conference has bad losses. Georgetown really beat TCU and yet it's counted as a loss.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nebraska had a mini meltdown right before the half to give Creighton 5 free throws with essentially no time left on the clock. Creighton hit 4.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nebraska had a mini meltdown right before the half to give Creighton 5 free throws with essentially no time left on the clock. Creighton hit 4.

Coming apart like that going into the half was a sign that Nebraska didn't think they could beat Creighton.

Creighton is good. Even the Colorado State loss doesn't look that bad now.

Reaction Score
Relax, miss st lost to southern and auburn lost to app state today. Kentucky lost to unc Greensboro yesterday at home.

Reaction Score
I was watching Gtown live with no audio … with 2.7 seconds on the clock (I think), other team has no timeouts and you are up one, shouldn’t the shooter just miss the 2nd free throw? Time is ticking, ball needs to be rebounded and thrown up court.

I thought it was a bad coaching decision. And Gtown lost for it, which was not what I wanted for the BE sake. Was missing the free throw discusseed?

Reaction Score
I was watching Gtown live with no audio … with 2.7 seconds on the clock (I think), other team has no timeouts and you are up one, shouldn’t the shooter just miss the 2nd free throw? Time is ticking, ball needs to be rebounded and thrown up court.

I thought it was a bad coaching decision. And Gtown lost for it, which was not what I wanted for the BE sake. Was missing the free throw discusseed?
No, the announcers didn't bring up the option of missing the 2nd free throw.

Reaction Score
The nice thing about the PC board is they have accepted August to post there. He seems to be treated well

Reaction Score
Nova 1-24 field goals to close out the half against Kansas State.
And they just kept chucking 3 after 3…..I honestly don’t see how Neptune survives the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom