Big East OOC Thread 23/24 | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Big East OOC Thread 23/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Iowa's Freeman is a decent player, but he shuffles his feet almost every time he gets the ball. How do they not call more of those?

Reaction Score
He might be too jacked. Adding too much muscle too quickly isn't always a good thing in basketball. Flexibility and muscle quickness are important.

Okafor is an example of a player that might have been better off a little slimmer.
Josh Carlton

Reaction Score
He might be too jacked. Adding too much muscle too quickly isn't always a good thing in basketball. Flexibility and muscle quickness are important.

Okafor is an example of a player that might have been better off a little slimmer.
Defensive player of the year and first team All American. You wanted more? What the heck are you talking about?

Reaction Score
You guys have a good team. I thought you would but wanted to see English's coaching and if you would get solid point guard play. Pierre looks the part. You may not be deep but Carter and Hopkins are studs. Oduro is really good. Pierre looks good and Duwal will be really good.

Reaction Score
UConn, Marquette, Creighton, Providence, and DePaul are all winners.

24-6 (3-2).

Huge night for the Big East! 3-0 tonight against the Big Ten.
PC and Marq win as underdogs

Guess the sky isn't falling like some posted on here

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You're going to give Ollie a pass? No way. We have since learned that a) he had personal issues and became lazy recruiting,, b) top recruits didn't want to stay, and c) it is possible to still recruit well in a lesser league (Hurley did it).

Now, are Ollie and Neptune comparable in bench coaching (X and Os)? Possibly. We shall see. Neptune still can right the ship. Starting with Maryland. But yes, Neptune could damage the Nova brand like Ollie did.

Hurley didn't recruit kids to play in the NBE while at URI - two different worlds
Hurley couldn't recruit top players to the AAC no matter what his name is.
What top recruits didn't want to stay? and those players who did they went to better/more visible conferences (except AG)?
Talk to CV, AG and JA about KO - I have many many times and take their opinion over a BY armchair quarterback.
BTW - I have said Kevin should have been let go as HC at UConn when it happened but not in the way it was done and the covert action by AD David Benedict and a few others.

Reaction Score
How is Louisville favored by 17 points tonight?
They're playing one of the few contenders for worst team in the country. Mississippi Valley State is definitely worse, but Coppin State is barely any better

Reaction Score
UConn, Marquette, Creighton, Providence, and DePaul are all winners.

24-6 (3-2).

Huge night for the Big East! 3-0 tonight against the Big Ten.
Damn @kobe this might keep up slightly ahead of the A-10 in conference rankings

Reaction Score
They're playing one of the few contenders for worst team in the country. Mississippi Valley State is definitely worse, but Coppin State is barely any better

Just don't trust Louisville to cover that

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Damn @kobe this might keep up slightly ahead of the A-10 in conference rankings
good work big east! i always pull for the little guys!

Reaction Score
Seton Hall is bulldozing UAlbany. 54 first half points on 70% shooting.

Expected, but good to see them winning big. I really am pulling for Seton Hall to field a competitive team in a few years. Right now they remind me of the early Hurley era. Really tough and gritty players who don’t quite have the talent to compete yet, so they have to just out-work the other team

Reaction Score
Creighton is going to be a headache, as per usual
Can someone explain how they practice “not fouling”? Lol they seem to play defense so I’m not sure at all how any team can average only 6.5 fouls a game. You think the refs actually believe it? I do because it’s impossible.

But they’re very good. Zero points from Ashworth last nigh lt and they still won. Alexander is going to be a huge problem for us tough matchup.

Reaction Score
good work big east! i always pull for the little guys!

That’s like us we pull for the teams that don’t belong in a P5 league but still try really hard. You know you’re almost as good as Rutgers but I doubt you’ll ever get to that point. But I’m sure that’s fun for a fan :rolleyes::)

Reaction Score
Cooley has a lot of work to do. Down 18 in the second half to Rutgers. Looks like the B10 is going to take this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom