Big East OOC Thread 23/24 | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Big East OOC Thread 23/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Might as well fire Stubblefield now before the Transfer Portal opens.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Do they do similar stuff when we almost lose to a Kenpom 285 team… and then post it on social media? Do they really?

Do you really think that would have been Hurley’s reaction if we had won in OT against Stonehill?
We carried around replica trophies all last season of goals the staff wanted to see the team obtain. At the same time posters in this forum were beginning a serious conversation that Hurley was approaching a hot seat if he could not get past the first round of the tournament.

Most coaches try to come up with ways to help motivate players.

I get it. It's fun laughing at programs we don't like. With what Cooley did over the past couple of seasons, first with Corey and then his treatment of Providence, he deserves our scorn.

I just think it's juvenile for a fanbase that has the most successful mens college basketball program in modern history to resort to what you did. When you're the best at something there is no need to belittle any other program. When you're the best at something there is no need to whine if others aren't acknowledging it. "Our" accomplishments should speak for themselves. Other than monetary contribution there is very little a fanbase can do to positively contribute to the team they follow other than behave with dignity.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Do they do similar stuff when we almost lose to a Kenpom 285 team… and then post it on social media? Do they really?

Do you really think that would have been Hurley’s reaction if we had won in OT against Stonehill?
In his 1st year at UConn he most likely would have done the same thing - remember all that chest bumping in his 1st few years? - Its about starting a winning attitude

Reaction Score
There is a huge middle ground between "money is all that matters" and "for $6M extra I can live with people I don't know saying bad things about me." Like, money isn't everything but for a real boatload of money I can deal with things that aren't pleasant.
I guess it comes down to:
How many houses do you need?
How many cars?
Is flying first class all the time, when not flying on the school's dime or private jet, all that important?
Is being able to buy a share in NetJets worth more than your reputation among those that embraced you and showered you with praise for coming home and rescuing the team that didn't want you back in the day?
He can make "friends" amongst the Georgetown elites, but I've learned over the years it's nice to have nice things but in the end all that matters is who really cares about you and who will respect you for who you are.

Reaction Score
We carried around replica trophies all last season of goals the staff wanted to see the team obtain. At the same time posters in this forum were beginning a serious conversation that Hurley was approaching a hot seat if he could not get past the first round of the tournament.

Most coaches try to come up with ways to help motivate players.

I get it. It's fun laughing at programs we don't like. With what Cooley did over the past couple of seasons, first with Corey and then his treatment of Providence, he deserves our scorn.

I just think it's juvenile for a fanbase that has the most successful mens college basketball program in modern history to resort to what you did. When you're the best at something there is no need to belittle any other program. When you're the best at something there is no need to whine if others aren't acknowledging it. "Our" accomplishments should speak for themselves. Other than monetary contribution there is very little a fanbase can do to positively contribute to the team they follow other than behave with dignity.
I think you’re looking for a bit too much meaning behind a comment on a message board making fun of a coach and program celebrating mediocrity. Not sure what any of that has to do with “whining” if “others aren’t acknowledging” our accomplishments. But hey, if Hurley’s North Star for the program is championships, maybe Cooley’s is OT wins against a team ranked 100 spots lower in Kenpom.

Reaction Score
In his 1st year at UConn he most likely would have done the same thing - remember all that chest bumping in his 1st few years? - Its about starting a winning attitude
Possible but we’ll never know for sure, since we didn’t have any wins like this the first couple years. All I know is we’ve seen a pretty unhappy Hurley many times during much better wins, where the team clearly didn’t play up to his expectations. Just funny to me the difference in building a culture. Really doubt Hurley would ever have built his culture around celebrating barely beating a team they should have handled easily.

Reaction Score
Sure looks as if English may be his equal or better, at least so far.

Do you know if he tried to take any PC players with him to Georgetown? Or was he too honorable to ask them? Or did no one want to go with him?

When I hear Cooley's name all I can think of is the video PC put together showing how poor his family was, how the old couple took him in and fed him and helped raise him and convinced him to stay in college when he wanted to quit early in his freshman year and how his life evolved. He was elated to be back in his hometown in his dream job surrounded by those that loved him...............all BS apparently.

Reaction Score
"face a day like very few humans will ever face"

But isn't that what everyone feels when they go to Providence?:rolleyes:
(Couldn't help myself)

It will sure be worth the price of admission to be at that game when Georgetown comes to town.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Might as well fire Stubblefield now before the Transfer Portal opens.
I like Coach Stubbs and really want to see him succeed but it just hasn't happened yet aside from a few good wins here and there over the course of his tenure. I wonder how much DePaul's struggles have to do with recruiting vs. coaching. I'm not close enough to the program to really know.

Reaction Score
I'm going to be watching this Marquette - Kansas game like a UConn game. Top 5 matchup featuring both future opponents, yes please.

Reaction Score
Timeout Self. Marquette up nine 10 minutes in. Marquette killing them in PnR on the roll and back cuts.

Reaction Score
Marquette 3/12 from 3 and Kansas 4/6, but Marquette still up 5 mostly thanks to being +5 on turnovers forced.

Reaction Score
Marquette 3/12 from 3 and Kansas 4/6, but Marquette still up 5 mostly thanks to being +5 on turnovers forced.
Really curious to see what adjustments Self can make at half time because KU looks totally flustered by the pressure right now.

Reaction Score
The Marquette guards are just dominating this game with their pressure defensively. Reminds me of the BET against us, but Sean Jones and Chase Ross are a year older. 12 turnovers forced in the 1H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom