"Big East on the verge of adding Boise State, San Diego State and three other schools | The Boneyard

"Big East on the verge of adding Boise State, San Diego State and three other schools

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Just finish it and announce it already. Leaks just tell the B12 to start rumors that derail the effort.
You beat me to it.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We've been on the verge of this since September. I absolutely want this to happen but I'll believe that it will actually happen when I see it. Until then I'll believe that this is merely a cruel joketp further ridicule our football conference.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We've been on the verge of this since September. I absolutely want this to happen but I'll believe that it will actually happen when I see it. Until then I'll believe that this is merely a cruel joketp further ridicule our football conference.
You realize if this does come true, all the critics will come out and bash it. I welcome the day.

Reaction Score
Hurry up already!!!

I still wish we could have another basketball member though :(

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I still don't understand San Diego State and SMU for all sports.

If, Boise State wouldn't come without San Diego State, then I get it.

If, Houston wouldn't come without SMU, then I get it.

Just seems like if we're still taking teams for football only-why would we add SMU?

Reaction Score
I still don't understand San Diego State and SMU for all sports.

If, Boise State wouldn't come without San Diego State, then I get it.

If, Houston wouldn't come without SMU, then I get it.

Just seems like if we're still taking teams for football only-why would we add SMU?

SDSU is football only, but SMU is all sports.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
go big or go home

east-uconn/ru/lville/usf/cincy/ucf/navy/ecu on deck-memphis/uab/smiss/tulane/...
west-uh/smu/bosie/byu//wy/nev/sdsu on deck-fresno/hawaii/newmex/tulsa/...

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
SDSU is football only, but SMU is all sports.

Understood, I think I phrased what I was asking wrong.

Why, SDSU at all?

Why, not football only for SMU?

Reaction Score
Understood, I think I phrased what I was asking wrong.

Why, SDSU at all?

Why, not football only for SMU?

Why not football only for all of them? UCF I can understand as they are USF neighbors.

Reaction Score
NCAA requires a minimum of 8 schools that play both football and men's and women's basketball in the conference.

So 5 currently, need 3 more. As any one would tell you, like a bar at 2:00 am, the pickings are slim.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We're on the verge again?

We've been on the verge before, haven't we? I guess we were only on the verge of being on the verge before this.

Or maybe we're still on the verge of being on the verge and the actual verge is still some ways off. Which would mean that we were on the verge of being on the verge of being on the actual verge the last time we thought we were on the verge.

This is exciting.

Who are we inviting again?

Reaction Score
An SMU source, which has been pretty good throughout this whole thing, says expect the announcement Wednesday.

Reaction Score
Let me look up the BE Expansion Committee timeline translation....

imminent................18 weeks
soon.........................17 weeks
on the verge............13 weeks
next week................ 6 weeks
this week................. 5 weeks
as early as today..... 4 weeks
within the hour....... 3 weeks

Reaction Score
C'Mon guys! This is like a boring novel. I just got up to get ready for work, read this thread, & am ready to hit the pillows again.

Reaction Score
I wish the end result was something better than it is going to be, but in the end it could well be a solid football conference but not a great basketball one, which is sort of strange to think about.

Reaction Score
Riddle me this. Since we will be able to count Boise in the rolling 4 year AQ qualifications, if they join before the 2013 season, the only way we lose the AQ is if it just goes away yes?

Reaction Score
Riddle me this. Since we will be able to count Boise in the rolling 4 year AQ qualifications, if they join before the 2013 season, the only way we lose the AQ is if it just goes away yes?

Pretty much, and I highly doubt it goes away. A BCS system, which gives no access to the Big East or Non-AQ's, would come under a far greater firestorm than it does now. I would expect tweaks, but nothing more.

On a personal note, I'd like to see the Cotton Bowl become part of the BCS.

Reaction Score
Pretty much, and I highly doubt it goes away. A BCS system, which gives no access to the Big East or Non-AQ's, would come under a far greater firestorm than it does now. I would expect tweaks, but nothing more.

On a personal note, I'd like to see the Cotton Bowl become part of the BCS.
That's not what would happen. The set up would be the BCS only controls the BCS title game, and the other bowls are just on their own, free to do and choose schools, so no tied-in automatic qualifiers, etc. That would be a death knell to the Big East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom