Big East not looking that good early on | The Boneyard

Big East not looking that good early on

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
With USF going down to Penn State, the Big East is 0-4 against the majors, and Cincinnati, Pitt and WVU have bad losses. You aren't going to see 9 loss Big East teams getting 3 seeds this year the way the conference is playing in the OOC.

Reaction Score
does any conference look good right now with the abundance of early season upsets? maryland lost by 26 to iona, vanderbilt lost to cleveland state...

Reaction Score
while i get the interest in conference results, I don't really care...focused on UCONN and winning...the rest will work itself out...we have a lot of room to improve, and hoping we 'peak' in march...getting RB in a few games will help immensely, but I suspect it will take him a few games to get into the flow...AO will get his game back...AD will improve as he gets more games in...

Reaction Score
Marquette is beating up on Ole Miss 25-10 in the early going, but SHU (which beat St Joes and VCU) is down 10 to Northwestern at the half.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Nothing happens in a vacuum.

Iona literally dismembered Maryland today. Georgia Tech lost to a marginal LSU. Washington lost by 13 to St. Louis. Creighton beat Iowa by 20+. South Carolina lost to Tennessee State. Purdue lost to Alabama. Charleston beat Clemson yesterday. NC State lost to Vanderbilt. Vanderbilt lost to Cleveland State. Texas lost to Oregon State. Arkansas lost to Houston. Colorado lost to Maryland. Boston College lost to Holy Cross by about ten buckets. Virginia lost to TCU.

So either no one looks good early and the NCAA tournament will only have 43 teams in it this year or the original post was half-assed nonsense.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this has been the most crazy year i can remeber

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I would say last year was crazier with the early season losses, but there have been about 2 jaw-droppers a night this year too. Tennessee State taking down South Carolina was quite a game. I watched it on ESPN3 and it looked like it was being filmed with a webcam.

That said, the Big East is 1-4 against the other majors. It is early, but the Big East should be well over .500 on that number by the end of December since the 2 of the majors are the SEC and Pac 12, who both suck. We have had the conference strength argument before. If you think it doesn't matter at seeding time, you are wrong.

Reaction Score
I just don't care about how the conference fares anymore, either in football or basketball. It's kind of liberating, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom