Big East might vote to dissolve | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big East might vote to dissolve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
FWIW, MHVER3 says we are in. Dude of WV says UCONN and UL are in. If you are going to buy what terzi says, why not these guys. I will believe it once it is done, but MHVER3 called the Big 10 move over a month ago.

Ignore that guy. He has called a move to every conference for everyone. A broken clock is right twice a day. ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The thing I would want to know is: if the league dissolves, who the hell will be getting all of this exit money (10 mil per team)??? If we're one of the teams exiting, I guess who cares. If we aren't...

I posted my prefered scenario a few months back, where every other team left the Big East, UConn collected all the exit fees and then got a Big 10 invitation. Used the fees to finish the practice center, expand the Rent, and upgrade the baseball and hockey facilities.

Like the NY lottery commercial goes..."Hey, you never know."

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Ignore that guy. He has called a move to every conference for everyone. A broken clock is right twice a day. ;)

Good point. We should listen to the Rutgers poster who is here to rub our faces in their Big 10 invitation.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
You beat me to it! I was getting a YouTube video of Vince set up for Zoo until I saw you already hit him up with it...

Now I feel bad. There can never be enough Vince videos. The Schticky outakes vid is hilarious.

I'm sure whichever way the ACC vote goes, the other side will post a Hitler freaking out video.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Now I feel bad. There can never be enough Vince videos. The Schticky outakes vid is hilarious.

I'm sure whichever way the ACC vote goes, the other side will post a Hitler freaking out video.

Those Hitler videos are always hilarious. And now I'm going to go to church and ask forgiveness for putting the words "Hitler" and "hilarious" in the same sentence...

Reaction Score
While I know how it feels to be stuck in the Big East. In the grand scheme of things I don't think the Huskies need to worry. I think EVENTUALLY, the B1G is going to take Virginia and UNC because they are a "bridge to the East" like Delany said in the RU presser. They bring in new TV markets, expand the footprint of the B1G and are excellent academic institutions with good athletic teams. Regardless of who replaces Maryland now, I believe the ACC will need to replace another two teams in a few years anyway. Then the SEC might take NC State and Virginia Tech because those schools would be new markets for the SEC. So in the grand scheme of things. Maybe 5 years down the road or sooner, I see UCONN in the ACC along with Louisville and it will look like a version of the Big East in 2002 (which isn't a terrible conference). Just win guys. Schedule some good opponents and win. I am crossing my fingers that we can schedule some OOC games with you guys.

HAHA I love it. The guy who just won the lotto is talking to his neighbor the next day like they all of the sudden turned into poor little morons overnight.

Just be thankful your school is "sitting on oil" so to speak. It's the one and only reason you are now swimming in the money pool from ducktails.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353696986.236372.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104