Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Quite frankly it makes a lot of sense.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Things change, but in the case of UConn´s fortunes it would be nice if they could stay the same for oh...a year? ...please?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
We are so screwed if we aren't out of here instead of Louisville.......

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
prov/shu and crew will keep that name and build a nice bball conf that rivals the bcs confs on the court full of private schools. those schools will get good hype and flame out of ncaa tneys for years to come. fun times ahead.

the worst thing that could happen to uconn at this point is this

-fball/bball others play in a league with usf/ucf/wake/duke/cincy/uh/smu/bc or cuse and others. basically a good amount of the nbe and left over acc teams.
-puck plays in HE

this^ is not anything to look forward to, buts its not the doom and gloom that some here are acting like. its better than what we had in mind a couple weeks ago.

imho our worst case right now

remember the saying no matter how slow or fast it goes, this school is on a #uptick:p

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The thing I would want to know is: if the league dissolves, who the hell will be getting all of this exit money (10 mil per team)??? If we're one of the teams exiting, I guess who cares. If we aren't...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The thing I would want to know is: if the league dissolves, who the hell will be getting all of this exit money (10 mil per team)??? If we're one of the teams exiting, I guess who cares. If we aren't...
I gotta think if the league dissolves, there's no exit money to be paid by anyone. We just part ways.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Seriously though where does everyone else go? Back into C-USA? So you'd be seeing Temple, Cincy, USF, and either UConn or UL in C-USA? Or is there a massive reshuffling as now UH, SMU, UCF, and Memphis need to go back somewhere as well and C-USA already replaced them. SDSU and Boise have a spot in the MWC waiting for them.....This is going to be a mess.

Reaction Score
Seriously though where does everyone else go? Back into C-USA? So you'd be seeing Temple, Cincy, USF, and either UConn or UL in C-USA? Or is there a massive reshuffling as now UH, SMU, UCF, and Memphis need to go back somewhere as well and C-USA already replaced them. SDSU and Boise have a spot in the MWC waiting for them.....This is going to be a mess.

Well, according to "know it all"...

MHver3 (@MHver3)
11/22/12, 9:07 PM
If the BE dies look for most of the remaining football schools to merge with the MWC.

MHver3 (@MHver3)
11/22/12, 9:17 PM
If the conference dissolves we still owe them money so don't think it gets WVU out of that

MHver3 (@MHver3)
11/22/12, 9:30 PM
If the ACC starts to become the Titanic and the exit fees do not hold, ND will head North.

Think the moonshine from lunch has worn off - he's on a roll. Makes me laugh.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This dissolving rumor makes no sense. I think the writer saw that there could be a 2/3's majority by the hoops schools and made up this story. The Big East is rumored to have a no-fault divorce agreement from 2003 in case the basketball schools ever want to split. Between the name, NCAA tournament units, and exit fees, it makes no sense to dissolve the league.

If I were Seton Hall or Providence, I don't know that I would be a free agent right now because there is no guarantee that Depaul, Marquette, St. Johns, Villanova and Georgetown would pick PC and SHU again if they were starting from scratch.

I am calling BS on this rumor.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Well, according to "know it all"...

MHver3 (@MHver3)
11/22/12, 9:07 PM
If the BE dies look for most of the remaining football schools to merge with the MWC.

MHver3 (@MHver3)
11/22/12, 9:17 PM
If the conference dissolves we still owe them money so don't think it gets WVU out of that

MHver3 (@MHver3)
11/22/12, 9:30 PM
If the ACC starts to become the Titanic and the exit fees do not hold, ND will head North.

Think the moonshine from lunch has worn off - he's on a roll. Makes me laugh.

All of his tweets are ridiculous....I can't see these teams merging with the MWC....it just doesn't make sense to stretch that far out when there are similar caliber teams in C-USA or whatever becomes of it. I think C-USA would merge with the left over schools and some of the western C-USA schools might go to the MWC. UTEP/Tulsa/UH/SMU all go to MWC (wow I just had my first slash experience)

Let's hope we don't become part of the left overs

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
All of his tweets are ridiculous....I can't see these teams merging with the MWC....it just doesn't make sense to stretch that far out when there are similar caliber teams in C-USA or whatever becomes of it. I think C-USA would merge with the left over schools and some of the western C-USA schools might go to the MWC. UTEP/Tulsa/UH/SMU all go to MWC (wow I just had my first slash experience)

Let's hope we don't become part of the left overs

There is below zero chance that the Big East and MWC merge. It is so stupid that any shred of credibility was incinerated with that thought. Boise and SDSU have made it clear that they are not going back. The reality is, their current situation is much better than going back to the MWC. Why would they be in a conference with SJSU and Wyoming? That makes no sense, when they can pick anyone they want to be in their conference from among all the leagues outside the Big 5.

Boise, SDSU, Houston, SMU, UCF, Memphis and Temple are going to be in the same league in all likelihood. The rest of the league is a question mark, but they will have no shortage of applicants to choose from.

Reaction Score
MHver says if were not invited to the ACC by Jan 1 he'll stop tweeting for six months, exception being a b1g invite.

Reaction Score

It gets sucked up into a microfiber towel and it is never seen again.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Any team still left in the conference when the vote is made to dissolve does not owe an exit fee to a conference that doesn't exist.

Reaction Score
While I know how it feels to be stuck in the Big East. In the grand scheme of things I don't think the Huskies need to worry. I think EVENTUALLY, the B1G is going to take Virginia and UNC because they are a "bridge to the East" like Delany said in the RU presser. They bring in new TV markets, expand the footprint of the B1G and are excellent academic institutions with good athletic teams. Regardless of who replaces Maryland now, I believe the ACC will need to replace another two teams in a few years anyway. Then the SEC might take NC State and Virginia Tech because those schools would be new markets for the SEC. So in the grand scheme of things. Maybe 5 years down the road or sooner, I see UCONN in the ACC along with Louisville and it will look like a version of the Big East in 2002 (which isn't a terrible conference). Just win guys. Schedule some good opponents and win. I am crossing my fingers that we can schedule some OOC games with you guys.

Reaction Score
A better question is if the conference dissolves, will there be a lump sum dispersal to all schools of NCAA tourney credit $$$ that have been held back? What would be UConn's share?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It gets sucked up into a microfiber towel and it is never seen again.

vincebigeast.jpg

Let's get this realignment over with. Because you know we can't do this all day.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
vincebigeast.jpg

Let's get this realignment over with. Because you know we can't do this all day.

You beat me to it! I was getting a YouTube video of Vince set up for Zoo until I saw you already hit him up with it...

GG

Reaction Score
FWIW, MHVER3 says we are in. Dude of WV says UCONN and UL are in. If you are going to buy what terzi says, why not these guys. I will believe it once it is done, but MHVER3 called the Big 10 move over a month ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom