Big East Media Day This Thursday | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big East Media Day This Thursday

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
UConn Portion of Big East Media Day PodCast. Listen Free to Husky Bytes on iHeartRadio Podcasts | iHeartRadio

First Question from Michelle Voepell from ESPN is not Basketball Related. Also Jeff Jacobs first question was not Basketball related. Enough....
It’s always great hearing Geno’s take on any topic. He certainly doesn’t hold back. A couple takeaways:
  • Aaliyah, Paige & Nika appear to all be destined for prime time PT
  • Geno’s comments about being alone (lonely) in the building during the pandemic were profound for anyone dealing with the isolation created by living with this virus.
  • In his discussion about having the team over on election night, there is that clear indication that Geno views his role as equally important both on and off the court.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Make no mistake about it. There are some real "ballers" in this league.
How can you be the preseason pick for POY and not be shown.

Reaction Score
How can you be the preseason pick for POY and not be shown.
Well actually she was sort off shown about 0:35. Of course she was getting scored over by someone else they were highlighting. :rolleyes:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Thanks eebmg! Listened to the entire 44 minute video. Geno really poured out his heart in this one. He gave us a peek at the progress some of the new players made this month. It sounds like he expects Paige to hit the ground running that first game against Quinnipiac to kick off the season.

Quinnipiac should be a good "warm-up" for Mississippi State, who should easily handle Maine. I suspect the Bulldogs will prove to be a bit more formidable than the Q. At the end of the tournament, we all expect UConn to be 2-0, then turn their attention towards Louisville, who will be waiting in the on deck circle for their crack at UConn on Dec 4. :cool: Any predictions on who will be the Hall of Fame Challenge Tournament MVP?

3-4 days before the beginning of the season, I’m going to create a poll asking “what 3 UConn women will be deemed have the best/most productive season at the end of the year?” I look forward to your response. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thanks eebmg! Listened to the entire 44 minute video. Geno really poured out his heart in this one. He gave us a peek at the progress some of the new players made this month. It sounds like he expects Paige to hit the ground running that first game against Quinnipiac to kick off the season.

Quinnipiac should be a good "warm-up" for Mississippi State, who should easily handle Maine. I suspect the Bulldogs will prove to be a bit more formidable than the Q. At the end of the tournament, we all expect UConn to be 2-0, then turn their attention towards Louisville, who will be waiting in the on deck circle for their crack at UConn on Dec 4. :cool: Any predictions on who will be the Hall of Fame Challenge Tournament MVP?
I predict someone from UCONN...
[Using [Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer reference] the voice of Hermie the Dentist-wanna-be when Yukon Cornelius yells out "Land Ho!" after running aground: no kidding.... : ) ]

It may not even be a starter from the 1st game, A.K.A. PB for MVP (or MOP).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom