Big East Leads Power 6 in Early 2021 Recruiting | The Boneyard

Big East Leads Power 6 in Early 2021 Recruiting

Reaction Score
Big East needs to continue the push as the premier B-Ball conf. They should ease up on the foul calling and recapture that hard nose tough east coast basketball vibe again.
This would be ideal, but realistically we probably need to come to terms that the NBE, will never be the OBE. Best thing to do is get in there and reclaim the throne, then we can shape the new identity.

Reaction Score
Samson down 6 to 80 and Longino down 56 to 89 in the composite.
What happened to Longino? He was ranked 33 before this update.

Reaction Score
Samson down 6 to 80 and Longino down 56 to 89 in the composite.
What happened to Longino? He was ranked 33 before this update.
It appears you're looking at the composite ranking vs. the 247 ranking, not changes in ranking over time.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
@7774 Conference doesn't matter in recruiting, right? I had to troll you on this one, sorry.

Reaction Score
@7774 Conference doesn't matter in recruiting, right? I had to troll you on this one, sorry.
I've never said it doesn't matter. It's probably the 6th/7th most important thing to an average recruit. You literally think the conference a team plays in is more important to a recruit than the relationship he has with the coaches on the team. More important to a recruit than getting to the league. You're clueless.

Reaction Score
I've never said it doesn't matter. It's probably the 6th/7th most important thing to an average recruit. You literally think the conference a team plays in is more important to a recruit than the relationship he has with the coaches on the team. More important to a recruit than getting to the league. You're clueless.
Please name the 5 things more important to a recruit than the conference, I’m just curious...

Reaction Score

I mean, going to the league and the conference you're playing in are kind of connected. A coach can say to a recruit "Hey you're going to be playing in a top league, so you'll be able to showcase your skills against the best competition."

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I mean, going to the league and the conference you're playing in are kind of connected. A coach can say to a recruit "Hey you're going to be playing in a top league, so you'll be able to showcase your skills against the best competition."
Great point. Essentially one in the same. The odds of going to the league diminish considerably once you go down the ladder of conferences. Not saying it's impossible - just more difficult and less likely.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
You think these guys going to Kentucky give a darn about who is coaching them for 1-2 years? Captain Crunch could be the coach...as long as their draft prospects are awesome, they will play at the school.

Reaction Score
1599583478818.png

Reaction Score
Please name the 5 things more important to a recruit than the conference, I’m just curious...
relationship with the head coach, relationship with assistant coaches, playing time, chance of winning a championship, historical prestiege of the program, proximity to home so your friends and family can see you play, illegal payments, etc.

Reaction Score
You think these guys going to Kentucky give a darn about who is coaching them for 1-2 years? Captain Crunch could be the coach...as long as their draft prospects are awesome, they will play at the school.
Kentucky's recruiting immediately became 10X better as soon as Calipari took over, but sure, none of those players cared who the coach was.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
So if Calapari goes to Old Dominion, top recruits go there as well? Because they cherish the relationship with their coach? Why didn’t Cal have this success elsewhere? Maybe the conference? What’s he’s doing is only a possibility thanks to the conference, which matters way more than the coach. I’m not budging @7774.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom