Big East for basketball and American for football? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big East for basketball and American for football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Women's soccer only. The only XII school with a men's soccer program is WVU, which plays in the MAC. UConn men's soccer and women's field hockey would need a separate home (Big East?). I assume both hockey programs would be OK in Hockey East. Other program's like cross country, women's crew, volleyball, tennis may need some sort of hybrid arrangement to keep costs down.
Our field hockey and women's lax already compete in the big east. I don't see why they couldn't take our men's soccer as well.

About a year ago there was a big east media guy that tweeted that UConn AD had a meeting with big east about joining the conference. He assumed it was for basketball but I believe it may have been about the possibility of men's soccer in case we got that big 12 invite. This was about the same time I had heard that we had been working all angles including the big 12

@FDNY99 do you remember the guys name? I believe he was a St. John's beat guy and you got into with him on Twitter.

Reaction Score
Our field hockey and women's lax already compete in the big east. I don't see why they couldn't take our men's soccer as well.

About a year ago there was a big east media guy that tweeted that UConn AD had a meeting with big east about joining the conference. He assumed it was for basketball but I believe it may have been about the possibility of men's soccer in case we got that big 12 invite. This was about the same time I had heard that we had been working all angles including the big 12

@FDNY99 do you remember the guys name? I believe he was a St. John's beat guy and you got into with him on Twitter.
I remember the exchange but not who it was...he was definitely a former BE beat guy who was hooked up with St John's..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is it possible: would the American allow us to stay as football-only members? If so, this could be our best bet for now.
Great Idea. Also: baseball in the Horizon, softball in the CAA, Soccer in the Northeast, volleyball in the America East, tennis and track in the MAAC That should work.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm afraid the Equestrian and Polo teams will have to be disbanded so we can compete in rifle, bowling and horseshoes.
upload_2016-1-10_11-35-37.png

Reaction Score

It was a St. John's SID, I believe. Sorry if that's not helpful.

I remember it too.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I thought the official explanation at the time was it was concerning a potential lacrosse upgrade.
That was put out there but I don't think it was official - I could be wrong. Could have been preliminary talks re men's soccer if we needed a home because of possible Big 12 move (talks had been ongoing during this time).

Edit: I think we can all agree that it was NOT about returning to big east in basketball as Albano insinuates.

Reaction Score
That was put out there but I don't think it was official - I could be wrong. Could have been preliminary talks re men's soccer if we needed a home because of possible Big 12 move (talks had been ongoing during this time).

Edit: I think we can all agree that it was NOT about returning to big east in basketball as Albano insinuates.
He pretty much admitted that after I called him on it and started breaking his balls a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom