Big East Films | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Big East Films

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I fully expected this kind of response from you.
stanley-hudson-the-office.gif

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
From their original announcement:
Well they better not pick any scandals with us out of all the things to choose from. I know that much. Imagine wanting a scandal to be your best story.

And idc, talking about and piecing together cheating rumors from Twitter and message board posts is low life stuff. It’s pathetic and scummy. They deserve to go back to being the program they were before Cooley since they want to act that way. Straight bum of a program.

Reaction Score
I’m going to say this and try to be done with it.

But one important piece that isn’t brought up much (and some people probably aren’t going to want to hear) is even though he is Providence born and raised. He’s also a black man who looked up to John Thompson. That position at Georgetown is not only prestigious for black coaches because of JT, but the brand in general in the black community. DC is chocolate city. To this day it’s one of the most diverse areas in the country and has one of the most affluent black populations. All of that matters when it comes to that job also having an emotional pull for him and his family.

It is super frustrating to watch this very not diverse fanbase tear this black man down and slander him this much just because he didn’t leave how they would have liked him to after what he did for them. Like how pathetic do you have to be to dedicate a documentary that is suppose to be about your proud history to talk about this man’s rumored affair. And yeah, as a black man that pisses me the hell off that they would stoop so low. Low lives of a fanbase for that.

I guarantee you he is not going to be treated that way by his Georgetown and DC community whether he is successful there or not. Seeing how he’s been treated im so happy he’s in that area. I didn’t even care that much about Cooley before but this bs has me rooting for him and I hope Providence stays the insecure little brother program that they have fully proven they are.
Please don’t pull this. I’m a”black man” as well and this is a cop out. It’s the same bs some tried with the Ollie situation.The man knew he was leaving for GTown while he had a team that was talented enough to make the second weekend. He quit on those young men. That’s what makes him a scum bag. He put his house of for sale a week before the BE tournament and 2 weeks before the NCAA tournament.

He had every right to want and choose to be the coach of GTown. The way he handled himself after what he preached to those kids and that community was hypocritical and “cringe” as you would say. He’s very wealthy and well off and doesn’t need you to defend him.

Besides it’s gonna make for great television on Saturday. It’s not our business. Sit back and enjoy the train wreck lmao

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Please don’t pull this. I’m a”black man” as well and this is a cop out. It’s the same bs some tried with the Ollie situation.The man knew he was leaving for GTown while he had a team that was talented enough to make the second weekend. He quit on those young men. That’s what makes him a scum bag. He put his house of for sale a week before the BE tournament and 2 weeks before the NCAA tournament.

He had every right to want and choose to be the coach of GTown. The way he handled himself after what he preached to those kids and that community was hypocritical and “cringe” as you would say. He’s very wealthy and well off and doesn’t need you to defend him.

Besides it’s gonna make for great television on Saturday. It’s not our business. Sit back and enjoy the train wreck lmao
No this is not like the Ollie situation. For one, there’s definitely a divide on how our fanbase looks at Ollie. It’s not all out hatred and far from it. Two, we aren’t scorching earth on him doing everything possible to publicly slander him. And we probably had more of a reason to seeing as he sued the school and actually left the program in terrible shape!!

I’m not saying they shouldn’t be mad at all, but this doc is pathetic and this whole affair nonsense is a bridge too far. Like I said real low life of a fan base stuff. This is far from the worst thing a coach has ever done but if you asked them they are acting like it’s the greatest scandal in coaching college basketball history. They need to get over themselves.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

…. I will enjoy watching Saturday tho
surprised russell westbrook GIF by Bleacher Report

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
They are suppose to do one of these for every Big East team.
Who is the "they" that you are writing about? There is no "they."
As a historical project for how special the conference is. So we should have one in the works as well.
There is not going to be a UConn one, unless some entirely different people get inspired to follow suit and make their own film. So with any other school.

Maybe you should fund, direct, and star in "DogWarrior611: The Fan Who Wouldn't Let Go of the Bone That Wasn't There"

Ollie should retire before he takes DePaul as a job.
Why? Do you think it would be more dramatic to claim that he's come out of retirement?

Hmm, maybe you're right.

Okay I’m confused then. Are all of the documentaries going to be covering one subject for all the programs?
Yes, you are confused.

There
Will
Not
Be
Documentary
For
Each
Of
The
Schools

That's just a misleading marketing ploy that many here have fallen for. You've been suckered. It's essentially a joke.

However, the jilted fans' bitter feelings toward Ed Cooley are not a joke. These people feel like they were seduced & abandoned, betrayed by a con man who was cowardly, evasive, and deceptive during his ungraceful exit.

Life will go on for Providence College fans, and for Ed Cooley.

I have no objection to Georgetown losing badly on Saturday and Ed Cooley having a lousy first season. Maybe even some seasons after that. But I'm not actively cheering for it either, so I won't be upset if it doesn't happen that way. It's just a current preference.

I like UConn, and I root for Big East teams in OOC play and the NCAA Tournament.

Go ahead and dislike whatever you dislike about "Divine Providence," but please stop playing the fool about this film being part of a series issued by the Big East, or thinking that there will be one for each school, and worrying about the UConn one.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I still haven't watched the end of the documentary, but the risk of discussing the scandal is an interesting one. It may kill this project in the cradle, but it has generated an awful lot of chatter.

Reaction Score
Brutal hit piece. It may all be true. No way this isn’t produced by a PC student.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I dunno if GT is a better spot than PC, attendance is DePaul bad. I get there are reasons to move there but they are fast approaching total irrelevance. From reading GT boards the last two years unless a seismic shift has occurred in University leadership… this may be doomed from the outset.

Reaction Score
I thought it was mostly interesting, but it didn't need so much extra unfounded stuff. The story was good enough without discussing things that may or may not have happened. Having 15 minutes about infidelity with absolutely no evidence or even actual stories aside from some guy in Providence saying "oh yeah I heard it" is pretty bad journalism. The closest thing they showed to actual proof was random tweets from random Providence fans, and, as we all know, college basketball fans say some pretty insane stuff online. I actually thought that segment shifted some of the sentiment back in Cooley's favor after doing a pretty good job of painting him as a snake oil salesman for 50 minutes, because it just seemed so pointed.

Reaction Score
That might be the most poorly edited and mixed film I’ve ever seen. Good god.

Makes my 14 year old nephew seem like an editing savant.

Reaction Score
Who is the "they" that you are writing about? There is no "they."

There is not going to be a UConn one, unless some entirely different people get inspired to follow suit and make their own film. So with any other school.

Maybe you should fund, direct, and star in "DogWarrior611: The Fan Who Wouldn't Let Go of the Bone That Wasn't There"

Why? Do you think it would be more dramatic to claim that he's come out of retirement?

Hmm, maybe you're right.

Yes, you are confused.

There
Will
Not
Be
Documentary
For
Each
Of
The
Schools

That's just a misleading marketing ploy that many here have fallen for. You've been suckered. It's essentially a joke.

However, the jilted fans' bitter feelings toward Ed Cooley are not a joke. These people feel like they were seduced & abandoned, betrayed by a con man who was cowardly, evasive, and deceptive during his ungraceful exit.

Life will go on for Providence College fans, and for Ed Cooley.

I have no objection to Georgetown losing badly on Saturday and Ed Cooley having a lousy first season. Maybe even some seasons after that. But I'm not actively cheering for it either, so I won't be upset if it doesn't happen that way. It's just a current preference.

I like UConn, and I root for Big East teams in OOC play and the NCAA Tournament.

Go ahead and dislike whatever you dislike about "Divine Providence," but please stop playing the fool about this film being part of a series issued by the Big East, or thinking that there will be one for each school, and worrying about the UConn one.
So they made trailer with other schools for what reason?

And when they release them on other schools what do we get for having to read this ridiculously unresearched obnoxious post?

Man the narcissistic douchery it takes to write in this manner is quite something, bravo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom