Big East expert picks, 2020-21 preview from CBSSports.com | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big East expert picks, 2020-21 preview from CBSSports.com

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
My fault, could have sworn he led the conference in scoring. I get that they gave it to Mcdermott, but Bryce Cotton played in both the old and new BE and carry PC. Creighton was in the conference one yr and didn't didn't go thru the rough schedule of the old BE which Cotton did and balled, but I'll take the BET MVP. As far as the Creighton game that shot was clutch, but PC did return the favor at home in the next game killing them by like 25.
Finally a fan who doesn't know squat about his own team
Besides what does any of that Cotton playing in the real BE and the NBE and Creighton being a new NBE have to do with Doug being the leading scorer?
Your reaching is really falling short
Doug is in the league and Bryce is tied to the NBL so I guess we see who is really "balling"

Reaction Score
My point is I have zero reason to go on a Providence board to read what their fans have to say, and then take the time to create a handle and comment. Its very little brother to do, and frankly there are no teams I look up to and wish my team was like, so I guess it’s humbling that you come here to see what it’s like to be part of a real program.
As far as “trash talking” with fans or opposing fans, I have no interest in trash talking fans of UConn and not sure where you would get that from me questioning going on another teams site. Bottom line my point is it must really suck to be a fan of a team that’s done so little you need to go on other teams site to try to explain what they have done.
No just your site.

Reaction Score
Finally a fan who doesn't know squat about his own team
Besides what does any of that Cotton playing in the real BE and the NBE and Creighton being a new NBE have to do with Doug being the leading scorer?
Your reaching is really falling short
Doug is in the league and Bryce is tied to the NBL so I guess we see who is really "balling"
You sound upset.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Lol you really think PC is back???? Make it of the first two rounds then come back
One thing that’s going to be entertaining is the The narrative of how much better the current Big East teams are then when they were in the old Big East. Undoubtedly, they are, but they have thrived in Connecticut absence. That is changed.

OldBosd

BBQ Beer Freedom!!!
Reaction Score
If you read the post, it's not about the NCAA tournament, it's about the BE or the NBE what ever you guys call it. PC is solidified in the conference. Your stint in the AAC definitely does not warrant any trash talk when it comes to the "NBE" or "ZBE" and that is facts

We did win a National Championship while in the AAC

that's pretty good, right?

Reaction Score
My point is I have zero reason to go on a Providence board to read what their fans have to say, and then take the time to create a handle and comment. Its very little brother to do, and frankly there are no teams I look up to and wish my team was like, so I guess it’s humbling that you come here to see what it’s like to be part of a real program.
As far as “trash talking” with fans or opposing fans, I have no interest in trash talking fans of UConn and not sure where you would get that from me questioning going on another teams site. Bottom line my point is it must really suck to be a fan of a team that’s done so little you need to go on other teams site to try to explain what they have done.
I find PC Hoops to be insightful and reasonable obviously a fan of his team but respectful. No need to get on his case.

Reaction Score
I find PC Hoops to be insightful and reasonable obviously a fan of his team but respectful. No need to get on his case.
In this thread he called out that we’re old news, and that we stunk in the AAC. Not that I disagree with the fact that we stunk in the AAC, but if he can call that out I surely can call out the fact that we’re “old news” but yet he frequents this site and that’s something I would never do bc I got what I need from my own team. Not getting on his case, stating facts.

Reaction Score
If you read the post, it's not about the NCAA tournament, it's about the BE or the NBE what ever you guys call it. PC is solidified in the conference. Your stint in the AAC definitely does not warrant any trash talk when it comes to the "NBE" or "ZBE" and that is facts
I’m just confused. Why are you wasting your time in another team’s forum while you can get off the computer and enjoy life?

Reaction Score
YES Providence, not counting the NCAA Tournament (because we have work to do) PC is solidified in the "NBE" or "ZBE" what ever you guys call it. We won the "NBE" Championship in 2014, Bryce Cotton MVP (Should have been BE POY 1st in scoring, but they gave it to Mcdermott) In 2018 knock off that same Xavier team that made a deep run and lost to NCAA champ Nova in OT(last team to give them a go, they smoked everyone on way the the championship)Last yr finish 4th behind Creighton, Nova and Hall who all finished 13-5 and PC 12-6..... If Not for a buzzer beater by Zeg at Creighton and a stinker late February @ Carneseca(I hate that court) PC wins the BE. Don't know if you been watching but PC is not a pushover anymore and will continue to be in the upper tier of the BE............again this is not about the past with UCONN prestige and NCs or PC tourney wins which I mentioned in the beginning, it's about the Big East.

None of this changes the fact that UConn has a better roster than Providence

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Good lord folks - PChoops has been coming here for years and is almost always reasonable. And he likes to talk hoops. Why are you running him down?

Remember, the Boneyard is really one of the best boards on the Internet for great hoops talk and unlike many other boards, *cough* cuse *cough*, we don't just ban people from other programs with a decent take that may differ from ours.

Probably has something to do with not feeling inferior, but I digress. Just be happy we have such a great and diverse place to talk hoops and stop harping on him.

Reaction Score
Good lord folks - PChoops has been coming here for years and is almost always reasonable. And he likes to talk hoops. Why are you running him down?

Remember, the Boneyard is really one of the best boards on the Internet for great hoops talk and unlike many other boards, *cough* cuse *cough*, we don't just ban people from other programs with a decent take that may differ from ours.

Probably has something to do with not feeling inferior, but I digress. Just be happy we have such a great and diverse place to talk hoops and stop harping on him.
I mean he came to a UConn board and callled UConn old news. He deserves everything he’s getting. He actually probably wanted/expected this reaction.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I feel like this is the point that is being missed. PC certainly isn’t a bad team. But If you had to make a team from their roster and ours, who would be on the team? PC lost a lot from last year from what I can tell. UConn has a much stronger team than last year.

Reaction Score
Here is what will occur post regular season:
* UConn will defeat Creighton in the Big East Tournament Championship game.
* UConn will be defeated by Wisconsin in the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
* Villanova will advance the farthest of the Big East teams losing in the Elite 8.
* Seton Hall will become UConn’s hated rival.
* St. John’s will be much improved now that it has someone who knows how to coach. SJU’s foolish experiment of hiring someone with absolutely no coaching experience (Chris Mullin) ended in failure. Having watched Arkansas play many time I assure you that Anderson is a savvy coach.
* X will fire its coach Travis Steele at the end of the season.
* Creighton’s Greg McDermott will leave to accept a position at Boston College.
* UConn’s Dan Hurley will be mentioned for the Georgia Tech head position but will decline and remain at UConn.
* UConn Associate Head Coach Kimani Young will accept head position at either Fordham or Manhattan.
* We will all be glad as hell for UConn to be playing geographic rivals rather than the nondescript AAC teams.

No predictions for Georgetown, though that may be for the best.

Coaching wise, Anderson is a very good coach. Steele stays at Xavier, though Jordan will be under some heat at Butler. And no coach voluntarily goes to Boston College without putting his career in danger.

Reaction Score
I mean he came to a UConn board and callled UConn old news.
1603077958217.jpeg

burn

Reaction Score
You are right can't disagree with that, but I'll take my 2 top 50 jr wings in Duke and Reeves and Nate, the best inside big in the BE, ask Nova about Nate. Yes, UConn is stacked, but will it play out on the court..........not a total UConn hater like the kid Springs (saw him in highschool) and Tyrese Martin kid can play D and has a cockiness to his game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You are right can't disagree with that, but I'll take my 2 top 50 jr wings in Duke and Reeves and Nate, the best inside big in the BE, ask Nova about Nate. Yes, UConn is stacked, but will it play out on the court..........not a total UConn hater like the kid Springs (saw him in highschool) and Tyrese Martin kid can play D and has a cockiness to his game.

Bouknight is much better than Duke, and Reeves was hot garbage last year. I'd absolutely take Martin over him. Cole is easily better than Bynum. Nate Watson is solid, but he's nowhere near making up for UConn's perimeter advantage, if he even ends up being better than UConn's frontcourt, which is doubtful.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
They pick the Huskies to finish 4th, behind Villanova, Creighton and Seton Hall.

UConn is returning to its roots this season in rejoining the Big East, the conference where Jim Calhoun once transformed the Huskies into a national power. Fittingly, coach Dan Hurley has perhaps his best team since taking over the program as they enter a new era. Sophomore James Bouknight is a huge reason we're optimistic about this team's prospects, and with transfer RJ Cole joining him, the star power in this backcourt could wind up being special. Tons of athleticism and scoring potency on this roster.

The biggest challenge will be the consistency required to be successful in a league like the Big East. UConn lost to some bad teams last year, and if UConn is as inconsistent this season as it was last season, UConn will finish in the bottom 1/3 of the league. The Big East has two very good teams at the top, and goes deep. Georgetown sucks, but every other team will jump out to a 10 point lead on UConn if the Huskies show up out of sync like they did so often last season.

My quick and dirty:

1) Villanova
2) Creighton
3) Seton Hall
4T) Butler
4T) Marquette
4T) UConn
7) St. Johns
8) Depaul
9) Providence
10) Xavier
11) Georgetown

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Can't blame him. PChoops comes here because The BoneYard is one of the best college bb forums.
Meh, he’s trolling and doing so fairly transparently.

Reaction Score

Only on a UConn board can a UConn fan call out other UConn fans for defending their team and defend an opposing teams fan by saying he is “almost always reasonable” and defend said fan one of the times he’s not reasonable.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't mind visits by fans of other teams. But I certainly don't mind someone who drops a ton of bricks on them when they get out of line. Or even when they don't get out of line.

Reaction Score
The biggest challenge will be the consistency required to be successful in a league like the Big East. UConn lost to some bad teams last year, and if UConn is as inconsistent this season as it was last season, UConn will finish in the bottom 1/3 of the league. The Big East has two very good teams at the top, and goes deep. Georgetown sucks, but every other team will jump out to a 10 point lead on UConn if the Huskies show up out of sync like they did so often last season.

My quick and dirty:

1) Villanova
2) Creighton
3) Seton Hall
4T) Butler
4T) Marquette
4T) UConn
7) St. Johns
8) Depaul
9) Providence
10) Xavier
11) Georgetown
Damn, no love I like butler too

Reaction Score
YES Providence, not counting the NCAA Tournament (because we have work to do) PC is solidified in the "NBE" or "ZBE" what ever you guys call it. We won the "NBE" Championship in 2014, Bryce Cotton MVP (Should have been BE POY 1st in scoring, but they gave it to Mcdermott) In 2018 knock off that same Xavier team that made a deep run and lost to NCAA champ Nova in OT(last team to give them a go, they smoked everyone on way the the championship)Last yr finish 4th behind Creighton, Nova and Hall who all finished 13-5 and PC 12-6..... If Not for a buzzer beater by Zeg at Creighton and a stinker late February @ Carneseca(I hate that court) PC wins the BE. Don't know if you been watching but PC is not a pushover anymore and will continue to be in the upper tier of the BE............again this is not about the past with UCONN prestige and NCs or PC tourney wins which I mentioned in the beginning, it's about the Big East.
What is this PC is back from??
Back from where?? They don't have enough
NCAA tourney success.
You have to be somewhere first b4 u can be back

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Found another write up.

#3 UConn – Danny Hurley enters year three with what is without a doubt his most talented group yet in Storrs, and expectations are without a doubt high. The hype train grew further with the news that URI transfer Tyrese Martin received a waiver to play right away, giving the Huskies yet another proven talent to plug into the mix. If you don’t know the name James Bouknight yet, you will soon: Bouknight is a legit NBA prospect thanks to his high-flying athleticism the ability to shoot the ball from deep. He’s high on my list of must-watch players this season. Rounding out the backcourt with Bouknight and Martin is Howard transfer RJ Cole, a dynamic scoring point guard who is great in ball screens and scored a ridiculous 1510 points in two seasons for the Bison. Throw in Jalen Gaffney, Brendan Adams, and Andre Jackson, and all the sudden you have six impressive guards to cycle through. If healthy, the frontcourt might be just as deep. Akok Akok is a difference-maker as a rim protector, but he’s coming off an achilles tear and his timetable to return isn’t totally clear. Tyler Polley is excellent as a shooter off screens, but is still in recovery from a January ACL tear. But veterans Josh Carlton and Isaiah Whaley are productive pieces in the frontcourt, with Whaley really shining down the stretch once given the opportunity. And that’s not even mentioning Adama Sanogo, a highly-touted reclassified recruit whose best basketball is still in front of him. Hurley has a strong reputation as a recruiter for a reason, and it’s no surprise that he has loaded up the roster like this in a fairly short time. Cole’s play at point guard will be critical in making an offense that was inconsistent at times run smoother, but the Huskies now have the type of roster Hurley needs: deep, athletic, aggressive, and filled with guys who can make shots.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The biggest challenge will be the consistency required to be successful in a league like the Big East. UConn lost to some bad teams last year, and if UConn is as inconsistent this season as it was last season, UConn will finish in the bottom 1/3 of the league.

The sources of the inconsistency were identified and addressed. No way UConn finishes in the bottom 1/3.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom