Big East Efficiency Score leaders | The Boneyard

Big East Efficiency Score leaders

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
4BAEC98C-2E1E-46AB-B466-BBE5D58CBA3C.jpeg

Reaction Score
I would like to know all time league efficiency records since they began this stat. My sense is that Paige is very high up there. Here is the thing about the inevitable comparison these days with CC. Paige has two things that are so prominent that are the gift of the unique great athlete that she is in addition to her talent. The first is the efficiency statistics that are set forth above. The second is an economy of energy factor that you can't measure by any statistic but that you can see. The ability to turn the energy on and take over a game with your greatness when needed to get the win. You think that half court shot was a lucky heave? Nope. That was a deliberate shot that she was taking when she got it from the in bounds pass. She got to her spot and let it fly. It was the shot of the game and just demoralized Marquette.

I truly believe that CC and Paige, if they stay healthy, will be the collective face of women's basketball in America for the next decade or more and that they are redefining and popularizing the game in a way that is historic. The number of young girls I saw that came up to Paige after the Seton game at Walsh to get an autograph or a photo was startling. The fact that there are all of these young idolizers means that they will be playing, copying if they can, and following the game for their lifetimes

. My test as to redefining and popularizing? My friends who never, ever watched women's basketball are now texting and talking about it.You watch, when the NCAA brackets come out, there is going to be a bracketed pre-planned match up of Paige vs. CC. They will be dreaming of the TV audience which will break all records.

I was at the Seton-Providence men's game last night at the Rock. The amount of physicality, restriction on freedom of movement, and body fouls is insane and does not get called. It's a different game. The elegance of the sport has vanished. Then you see a CC or a Paige and you smile and say "Ah, I remember now, it still can be ballet with a ball".

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I would like to know all time league efficiency records since they began this stat. My sense is that Paige is very high up there. Here is the thing about the inevitable comparison these days with CC. Paige has two things that are so prominent that are the gift of the unique great athlete that she is in addition to her talent. The first is the efficiency statistics that are set forth above. The second is an economy of energy factor that you can't measure by any statistic but that you can see. The ability to turn the energy on and take over a game with your greatness when needed to get the win. You think that half court shot was a lucky heave? Nope. That was a deliberate shot that she was taking when she got it from the in bounds pass. She got to her spot and let it fly. It was the shot of the game and just demoralized Marquette.

I truly believe that CC and Paige, if they stay healthy, will be the collective face of women's basketball in America for the next decade or more and that they are redefining and popularizing the game in a way that is historic. The number of young girls I saw that came up to Paige after the Seton game at Walsh to get an autograph or a photo was startling. The fact that there are all of these young idolizers means that they will be playing, copying if they can, and following the game for their lifetimes

. My test as to redefining and popularizing? My friends who never, ever watched women's basketball are now texting and talking about it.You watch, when the NCAA brackets come out, there is going to be a bracketed pre-planned match up of Paige vs. CC. They will be dreaming of the TV audience which will break all records.

I was at the Seton-Providence men's game last night at the Rock. The amount of physicality, restriction on freedom of movement, and body fouls is insane and does not get called. It's a different game. The elegance of the sport has vanished. Then you see a CC or a Paige and you smile and say "Ah, I remember now, it still can be ballet with a ball".
That half time 6 point shot (a little hyperbole okay) in form reminded me very much of her overtime heave in her freshman game at home against South Carolina. Here, lets look again.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That half time 6 point shot (a little hyperbole okay) in form reminded me very much of her overtime heave in her freshman game at home against South Carolina. Here, lets look again.

Awesome moment, seared into my memory. And it wasn't even a defensive breakdown. Beal had a good challenge on the shot.
You go, magic girl!

Reaction Score
This season, Paige would be #9 since 2001-02 season, in PER. Just ahead of Stewie.
Except that table which is great is for career PER. Paige was somewhere around 32 for her freshmen year and 30 in her second, and is #98 on that list now.

Of course her second year was affected by coming back from injury. I remember her PER before the injury (around 6 games) was 36 as I recall, but because she was not as good after recovering from surgery, by season's end she had dropped down to 30, which I think means she must have been mid 20's after the surgery.

I think the highest single season number I remember for a Uconn player was Stewie's senior year when she was around 47 or so.

Reaction Score
This season, Paige would be #9 since 2001-02 season, in PER. Just ahead of Stewie.
That's more than 20 years of tens of thousands of D1 players.

About 20 feet closer.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
That's more than 20 years of tens of thousands of D1 players.

About 20 feet closer.
Right of center, canted to the right as she heaved it. Yes, lots shorter, but she heaved it as soon as she got it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom