Big East Could Add Up To Six Teams On Tuesday | The Boneyard

Big East Could Add Up To Six Teams On Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Via Sports Illustrated

"The expectation is that six schools will receive invitations. For all sports, Central Florida, SMU, and Houston are expected to be asked while Air Force, Boise State, and Navy are expected to receive football only invitations."

Reaction Score
ND football is the prize, and I didn't see them on the list. Got 'em in basketball but can't pull them in for football. What's up with that?

Reaction Score
ND football is the prize, and I didn't see them on the list. Got 'em in basketball but can't pull them in for football. What's up with that?
ND continues to believe it's golden history, long past or at least well watered down over past 25 years, will maintain its independence and phenomenal fan appeal. Recall the negotiations with UConn about the football contract??

I question whether ND can continue to go it alone in football, but .... ultimaately I believe the school will be forced into a BCS grouping.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UCF and SMU will be easy wins. Houston will be pretty good within 2-3 years. There is a lot of high school talent in that area that gets spread pretty broadly right now that Houston should be able to keep at home.

Reaction Score
If this happens say goodbye to Quse and Pitt (scum)- this will be their last year. Lets make them cry to their mama- it will be good practice for the ACC.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
ND continues to believe it's golden history, long past or at least well watered down over past 25 years, will maintain its independence and phenomenal fan appeal. Recall the negotiations with UConn about the football contract??

I question whether ND can continue to go it alone in football, but .... ultimaately I believe the school will be forced into a BCS grouping.
When they continue to get TV contracts that are way better than joining a league and splitting a contract, why would they stop?

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
Dear Pres. Herbst,
All I want for Christmas is UConn in the ACC.:)

-Sincerely,
-DHH

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I have a hunch the B12 breaks up and the BE keeps WV and gets to invite Kansas and Kansas State into the conference. This should take some of the sting off of the loss of Cuse and Pitt.

Reaction Score
Ugh I would like Memphis in there

I know it is all about football $$$$.. but as a basketball non of these school blow me away. Wish memphis was apart of it... time for us to take our ball and leave

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I have a hunch the B12 breaks up and the BE keeps WV and gets to invite Kansas and Kansas State into the conference. This should take some of the sting off of the loss of Cuse and Pitt.
I don't think the B12 will break up - it's stronger than the BE right now. I would imagine you might see a merge of the B12 and BE. Hopefully that happens when we're out.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I don't think the B12 will break up - it's stronger than the BE right now. I would imagine you might see a merge of the B12 and BE. Hopefully that happens when we're out.
It's my sixth sense at play!:) I know it sounds crazy, but I've been trying to get a pulse on the machinations in the B12 for some time and something tells me that that conference is not united. Obviously everyone is aware A&M bolted. And Missouri is on the way out. Four teams wanted to go to the PAC about one month ago - Texas, TT, OU and OSU. But the PAC didn't want them. And it was rumored the PAC didn't want Texas under the terms Texas was asking, which was to keep its LHN network separate from the PAC contract.

I believe that OU is getting tired of accommodating Texas and the two universities are moving further and further apart. So I expect that if the B12 does not get BYU, (they won't be getting WV, Neinas, the B12 conference leader, made a public statement saying the offer to WV is contingent on them joining the B12 next season), OU and OSU will reapply to the PAC without Texas and the PAC will accept them. Texas will go independent and that will be the end of the B12.

The BE on the other hand has actually improved itself on the football side of the conference if the six schools accept the offer to join. Of course BB has taken a big hit. But if I'm correct about the above scenario, Kansas and KS will be invited somewhere down the road and Scote-e and the rest of us will enjoy watching the traitors go downhill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom