Big East Coaching Carousel. What Say You? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big East Coaching Carousel. What Say You?

Reaction Score
One to watch- McDermott. Rumors are that the relationship between him and the Creighton AD may be strained.
He could be an outstanding fit at Notre Dame.

There are also rumors about Mark Jackson and St John's, as well.
If both of those things happened, it would be really bad for the conference…

Reaction Score
One to watch- McDermott. Rumors are that the relationship between him and the Creighton AD may be strained.
He could be an outstanding fit at Notre Dame.

There are also rumors about Mark Jackson and St John's, as well.
Mark Jackson has NBA coaching experience unlike Chris Mullin, from what I know Mullin didn't have any coaching experience. Mullin was pathetic as a coach and nothing more than a figurehead. So, Jackson might not be all that bad.

I hope McDermott doesn't leave, as kobebeanbryant stated in his post above, that would be bad for the Big East. Even though Creighton is 6-1 vs UConn, I think this rivalry is great for the conference-their games are close and competitive. If Creighton plummets to the basement due to McDermott leaving that would be terrible even if it means UConn going 100% against them.

Reaction Score
Iona's a religious school and seemed to project Pitino's imagine just fine
Fair point but Iona's a little under the radar.

Jackson to St John's also makes a ton of sense. Mark is NYC, knows the city and is an SJU and Knicks alum. He has the personality that would shine a light on the school.

Reaction Score
Cooley to GT would be shocking. But I do think he’s at the age where he does need to make the clear decision if he wants to be there for life or are there better places where he could go and have a better chance at a national championship.

Georgetown is the bigger risk, but IMO also gives him a better shot at winning the big game one day. Or, be comfortable in Providence & celebrated to the heavens for your periodic Sweet 16
If Cooley's desire is to win a championship, is Georgetown really the best he could land? I can't imagine him jumping to Georgetown for anything other than a dump truck of cash.

Reaction Score
Mark Jackson has NBA coaching experience unlike Chris Mullin, from what I know Mullin didn't have any coaching experience. Mullin was pathetic as a coach and nothing more than a figurehead. So, Jackson might not be all that bad.

I hope McDermott doesn't leave, as kobebeanbryant stated in his post above, that would be bad for the Big East. Even though Creighton is 6-1 vs UConn, I think this rivalry is great for the conference-their games are close and competitive. If Creighton plummets to the basement due to McDermott leaving that would be terrible even if it means UConn going 100% against them.
I would endorse Mark Jackson to St. John's for no other reason than to get him the hell off the air on NBA telecasts.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
I think Sean Miller leaves Xavier for Texas, or if one of Kentucky or Louisville opens. Also could see Greg McDermott jumping to Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
When I hear about Iona college bball I think of the Jimmy V recruiting story

He introduces himself to a kid as Jim Valvano, Iona college. Kid says wow, you own a college!

Not sure if it’s true but a funny story from a great storyteller

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Don't care. This season is still going on people! This is a subject for May.

Frank Costanza Seinfeld GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
Don't care. This season is still going on people! This is a subject for May.

Frank Costanza Seinfeld GIF by MOODMAN
Eh, we've got three days to our next game. We can only discuss potential seeding so much. Sometimes you need to switch things up and talk about irrelevant items, like pizza for example.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom