Big East-Big Ten Challenge | The Boneyard

Big East-Big Ten Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't even want to play this conference, what makes you think other conferences would....

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Anyone know if we have anything lined up with another conference?

I've been hearing a possible American-Sun Belt Challenge!!! :cool:
<trying not to get my hopes up tho>

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't think you'd want to see the challenge that this conference would be able to set up.

And they shouldn't try - the best they might do is something like the A10 which would affix the "mid-major" stamp to it in very short order.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I heard the AAC is headed back to MSG as the Knicks have been downgraded to our level.

Reaction Score
So does this mean there is no more ACC-Big Ten challenge, or is this in addition to that?

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
So does this mean there is no more ACC-Big Ten challenge, or is this in addition to that?
In addition I believe.
B1G-ACC challenge
B1G-BigEast "
ACC-Atlantic10 "

Reaction Score
I don't think you'd want to see the challenge that this conference would be able to set up.

And they shouldn't try - the best they might do is something like the A10 which would affix the "mid-major" stamp to it in very short order.

I think our league already has the mid-major stamp affixed to it. 2-bid league. Regular season and tournament champs a 6 seed. No presence beyond the first weekend. That's pretty much mid-major to a T.

That said, I agree we shouldn't cement that perception by lining up a "Challenge" against another mid-major league. You're also correct that no P5 is going to be interested -- there isn't the depth of quality or the brand recognition that a conference like the BE has.

Reaction Score
Why not an American/SEC or American/Big 12 Challenge. If the American won 30% of those games it would be helpful to the Conference's RPI and the losses wouldn't hurt. Aresco may not be able to sell this though, I'm sure he's tried.

Reaction Score
Why not an American/SEC or American/Big 12 Challenge. If the American won 30% of those games it would be helpful to the Conference's RPI and the losses wouldn't hurt. Aresco may not be able to sell this though, I'm sure he's tried.

These are 5 AAC teams that most of the P5 wouldn't mind playing consistently - UConn, Temple, SMU, Cincy, and Memphis. Tulsa will be pretty good next year, but what about after those 8 seniors graduate?

These challenges usually include at least 8 games. So that means Aresco would have to convince a P5 conference to agree to playing Tulane, Houston, and Tulsa on an annual basis. That would never happen.

Reaction Score
These are 5 AAC teams that most of the P5 wouldn't mind playing consistently - UConn, Temple, SMU, Cincy, and Memphis. Tulsa will be pretty good next year, but what about after those 8 seniors graduate?

These challenges usually include at least 8 games. So that means Aresco would have to convince a P5 conference to agree to playing Tulane, Houston, and Tulsa on an annual basis. That would never happen.

Find me 8 gems in the SEC that everyone's dying to play.

Reaction Score
Find me 8 gems in the SEC that everyone's dying to play.

Regardless of their lack of success, you think teams like Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, etc. want to play in a challenge where they rotate games against Tulane, Tulsa, and Houston and have to go on the road every other year?

Reaction Score
DominoGun.png

Reaction Score
Regardless of their lack of success, you think teams like Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, etc. want to play in a challenge where they rotate games against Tulane, Tulsa, and Houston and have to go on the road every other year?

There can't be an AAC/SEC challenge, but it's not because Alabama, Tennessee, and Georgia are too good for Tulane, Houston, and Tulsa. The problem is that there is a 0% chance that the SEC wants to be affiliated with the AAC.

Reaction Score
There can't be an AAC/SEC challenge, but it's not because Alabama, Tennessee, and Georgia are too good for Tulane, Houston, and Tulsa. The problem is that there is a 0% chance that the SEC wants to be affiliated with the AAC.

We're basically saying the same thing. They don't want to be affiliated with the AAC because the AAC includes Tulane, Houston, and Tulsa and no SEC team wants to play them.

Reaction Score
We're basically saying the same thing. They don't want to be affiliated with the AAC because the AAC includes Tulane, Houston, and Tulsa and no SEC team wants to play them.

I don't think it's an issue with the quality of the teams, because a large portion of the SEC isn't very good. They're going to play worse teams out OOC that year than Tulane and certainly Tulsa. I don't think the SEC would want highlight the fact that their league is so top-heavy by matching them up with our terrible league.

C

Chief00

Ok Susan and Warde F up and it's unbelievable we pay them what we do - they set athletics back 30 years with an assist from Hathaway - leadership does make a difference - a rock star we ain't got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom