Big East Awards Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big East Awards Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Who are you going to believe, 9 Big East coaches with many years experience, or a highly opinionated UConn fan?

BTW, do we know all the voting? Perhaps Aubrey was runnerup in the voting, although I doubt it.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
How the teams have performed in the BigEast this year I have no issues with who was recognized for awards.

It promoting the BigEast for goodness sake.

However, I'll not be telling my wife that Aubrey only got an Honorable Mention. She has already informed me that Aubrey should be the team MVP when I told her about the vote MVP thread.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
However, I'll not be telling my wife that Aubrey only got an Honorable Mention. She has already informed me that Aubrey should be the team MVP when I told her about the vote MVP thread.
Why????

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Who are you going to believe, 9 Big East coaches with many years experience, or a highly opinionated UConn fan?

BTW, do we know all the voting? Perhaps Aubrey was runnerup in the voting, although I doubt it.
Depends on which highly opinionated fan

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Why????
:eek:
My wife is of the opinion that Aubrey "IS" UConn. I've already suffered her wrath when upon sharing the MVP voting thread with her this morning. :)

Reaction Score
Can't argue with any of the selections, but like others have mentioned, I believe first team should be only five players, by position, because that is what a first team would normally be made up of (ol' school mentality, sorry). Also, although Aubrey is a sensational defender overall, Geno has pulled her numerous times for missing defensive assignments or not closing out on shooters. Nika is consistently in her opponents face, and never backs down. Just my opinion.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
:eek:
My wife is of the opinion that Aubrey "IS" UConn. I've already suffered her wrath when upon sharing the MVP voting thread with her this morning. :)
Huh, well I guess everyone has their own opinion. :rolleyes:

sun

Reaction Score
The BE coaches probably voted for Nika because no other player gets their block knocked off more than she does.
Nika is like one of those Rock'em Sock'em Robots.

rock_em_sock_em_robots.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is not true at all. Go back and actually watch the games. Siegrist and Morrow are the two best ACTIVE offensive players in the BE. Edwards played 26 and 32 minutes in the two DePaul games and 40 and 37 in the two Villanova games. For every minute AE was on the floor, other than transition plays, she started every single possession as the exclusive defender on those two players until a switch was forced. In the most recent Villanova game, when covering her head to head, she gave up only 9 of Siegrist's 21 pts playing those 37 minutes. Edwards is who Auriemma trusts against the iron.

Reaction Score
WRONG, it was Nika that shut the other teams best guard down. Most of the time when Nika's "man" scored it was becuz Nika had gotten screened off and ended up guarding the biggest player on the other team and she did a GREAT job of that too.
Dont even go there at Aubrey was better. She wasnt...NO ONE in the Big East was as dominate of a defender as Nika.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom