Big East and NCAA tournament question | The Boneyard

Big East and NCAA tournament question

temery

What?
Reaction Score
What do you think they'll do if a team wins a round then has to forfeit due to covid restrictions? Will the one team advance, or will the lucky loser advance to play instead of the team they lost to?

What if both teams have to forfeit? Two lucky losers?

Reaction Score
Geez... good question.

Team A awaits the winner of Team B vs Team C. Team B beats team C. But then team B is exposed to Covid and cannot play Team A.

I think Team A will simply advance.... but Team C is gunna freak.

Reaction Score
I don't know nothing about nothing, but you can't let a loser advance, can you? Imagine if we lost to a team that had been beaten the previous round? The board would go nuclear.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I know integrity isn't exactly the NCAA's middle name, but there is no way they would let a loser advance. I don't know the answer, but it can't be that. Or at least I hope that wouldn't be the case

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
What do you think they'll do if a team wins a round then has to forfeit due to covid restrictions? Will the one team advance, or will the lucky loser advance to play instead of the team they lost to?

I have no idea but it could be a hot mess.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I don't know nothing about nothing, but you can't let a loser advance, can you? Imagine if we lost to a team that had been beaten the previous round? The board would go nuclear.
I was going to say the same thing. No way can someone advance in the tourney after losing.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
NCAAs will be in Indiana, correct? How strict are they with COVID ? I'ld assume NCAA tournament would be under their governing rules.

Reaction Score
NCAAs will be in Indiana, correct? How strict are they with COVID ? I'ld assume NCAA tournament would be under their governing rules.
I'm pretty sure the state of Indiana doesn't have an opinion on single-elimination basketball tournament contingencies ?

Reaction Score

Q-Has there been any indication given as to what happens if a team has a positive test during the tournament? Forfeit?
A-There has not yet. I expect this to be made public by mid-February. The crucial context is that the NCAA desperately wants to not even be presented with the scenario. So that wearable Kinexon tracking equipment, which constantly records location data, will enable the NCAA to determine if a positive test triggers necessary Marion County health regulations to sit other people via contact tracing. As I understand it, these NCAA protocols are built to be so strict that the Kinexon data will give empirical evidence to not force a team to leave the tournament so long as other people in the traveling party are continually keeping their distance and wearing masks.

being w/in 6' of someone who has tested positive, for a total of 15 mins out of a given 24 hours, would require other players to sit....but a total of 15 mins seems like nothing...that's one bus ride and a shared elevator

Last edited:
Reaction Score

The loser would advance...LOL Imagine, you could lose 5 games and be National Champions winning your last.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
While it makes sense to not let losers advance, it's already been possible to win the national championship without winning any tournament games. See 2013 Louisville.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
The loser would advance...LOL Imagine, you could lose 5 games and be National Champions winning your last.

I believe it happens in individual sports when a player is DQd for PEDs. In tennis there are several examples of lucky losers advancing. I remember one who lost in a qualifier, then won the tournament.

Reaction Score

Loser couldn't play either because of protocol right? Same game against the covid hot team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Geez... good question.

Team A awaits the winner of Team B vs Team C. Team B beats team C. But then team B is exposed to Covid and cannot play Team A.

I believe this is more or less the plan. If one team cant advance due to Covid, the other moves on. I think I read that somewhere.

Reaction Score
Geez... good question.

Team A gets a bye to the next round. I would think.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom