Big East and Big 12 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big East and Big 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Benedict said an intact American Conference is still a viable alternative should the Huskies be passed over by the Power Five. But he said the idea that UConn would consider rejoining the Big East for sports other than football is not currently on the table.

''Everybody is jockeying for position,'' he said. ''Part of my role and responsibility is making sure we're looking at all options, keeping all options open to make sure we put ourselves as a university and an athletics program in the best possible position to compete.''

UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12

Reaction Score
Say Cincinnati and BYU are at the top of their wish list. Maybe it's easier at that point to bring BYU on-board as a football-only than optimize for their travel/scheduling demands, which means maybe you need to add another football-only to get back to an even number. You're relaxing logistical concerns while still expanding your footprint and hopefully, adding revenue. If UConn basketball was that big of a deal we wouldn't be in the situation we're in.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but it would actually make more sense than a lot of things that have happened in CR.
If UConn basketball wasn't such a big deal we wouldn't even be in the discussion.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
But you would crawl over broken glass to play in a league with WVU, or Louisville, Pitt, Syracuse, Miami, BCU, and VTech, schools that actually stabbed UCONN in the back.
Honestly, wouldn't you?

Reaction Score
Honestly, wouldn't you?
He wouldnt do that to get into a conference with those teams @CL82 BUT he would do that to reunite with all the former catholic schools in the new BE. I think Nelson is a PC troll!

Reaction Score
When did anyone from the Big East say UConn wouldn't be considered if they were still playing football?
Thats the Urban legend.
I think they ment FBS football not FCS ,where Villanova has competed successfully.

Reaction Score
Thats the Urban legend.
I think they ment FBS football not FCS ,where Villanova has competed successfully.

By "urban legend," do you mean "unsubstantiated nonsense invented on internet message boards?" UConn in the BE would make more money for the BE. It's not happening because the B12 isn't going to take just UConn football, but in an alternate universe where they would, getting the BE to take everything else would take nothing more than a phone call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom