Big East 2013 Recruiting Information | The Boneyard

Big East 2013 Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hi All!

So, I know for myself it has been difficult to keep track of just who exactly will be in the Big East next season (2013-2014). As signing day approaches, I thought I would take a look at the schools that are scheduled to be in the conference next season and compile a list of the verbals the schools I have received.

If I have any inaccurate information or if you have any additions/comments to make, feel free. I know from lurking for many years that most of you like to keep tabs on different teams in the league. Any rankings are courtesy of HoopGurlz and are not my own.

Big East 2013 Verbal Commitments:

Central Florida:
Zykira Lewis {5’9” SG-Bartow HS (FL)}
Aneesa Watson {5’11” SF-Fayette County HS (GA)}

Cincinnati:
Marley Hill {6’2” PF-Africentric HS (OH)}: 27th Ranked F per HoopGurlz
Ashley Nickens {6’4” C-Henry Ford II HS (MI)}
Bianca Quisenberry {5’8” SG-Tecumseh HS (OH)}: 35th Ranked G per HoopGurlz
Brandey Tarver {5’11” SG-Bogan HS (IL)}: 91st Ranked G per HoopGurlz

Connecticut:
Saniya Chong {5’9” G-Ossining HS (NY)}: Ranked #75 in the 2013 class per HoopGurlz

DePaul:
Jessica January {5’9” PG-Richfield HS (MN)}: Ranked #74 in the 2013 class per HoopGurlz

Georgetown:
Kelsey Briggs {6’2” SG-Munford HS (TN)}: 44th Ranked G per HoopGurlz
Shayla Cooper {6’1” PF-Norcross HS (GA)}: Ranked #35 in the 2013 class per HoopGurlz
Tyshell King {5’11” SG-St. Frances Academy (MD)}: Ranked #44 in the 2013 class per HoopGurlz
Jade Martin {6’0” PF-Kennedy HS (MN)}
Faith Woodard {6’2” PF-Freedom HS (FL)}: Ranked #89 in the 2013 class per HoopGurlz

Houston:
No documented commits at this time

Louisville:
Janelle Cannon {5’8” PG-SW Illinois College (JUCO)}

Marquette:
McKayla Yenz {6’1” SG-Sun Prairie HS (WI)}

Memphis:
Taylor Williams {6’1” SF-Bishop Ward HS (KS)}: 38th Ranked W per HoopGurlz

Notre Dame:
Lindsay Allen {5’8” PG-St. Johns College HS (MD)}: Ranked #25 in the 2013 class per HoopGurlz
Kristina Nelson {6’3” C-Buford HS (GA)}: Ranked #39 in the 2013 class per HoopGurlz
Taya Reimer {6’2” PF-Hamilton Southeastern HS (IN)}: Ranked #4 in the 2013 class per HoopGurlz
Diamond Thompson {6’4” C-Montini Catholic HS (IL)}: 10th Ranked P per HoopGurlz

Providence:
Miranda Simpson {5’8” SG-Round Rock HS (TX)}

Rutgers:
No reported commitments at this time

St. Johns:
No reported commitments at this time

Seton Hall:
Tara Nahodil {6’4” C-Tri Valley HS (PA)}: 20th Ranked P per HoopGurlz

South Florida:
Paige Cashin {6’4” C-Newark HS (OH)}: 20th Ranked P per HoopGurlz
Khadijiah Cave {6’3” PF-Lucy Laney Comprehensive HS (GA)}
Jayla King {6’0” SF-Pine Forest HS (FL)}: 47th Ranked W per HoopGurlz
Trimaine McCullough {5’8” PG-Edgewater HS (FL)}: Ranked #98 in 2013 class per HoopGurlz

SMU:
LaShyra Cotton {5’11” SF-East Side HS (MS)}
Alex Coyne {5’3” PG-Lake Placid HS (FL)}
Ashley Folsom {6’2” C-Father Lopez HS (FL)}
Kierra Jordan {6’0” PF-Lanier HS (MS)}
Voche Martine {6’3” C-Paris JC (JUCO)}

Temple:
Feyonda Fitzgerald {5’7” PG-Lake Taylor HS (VA)}

Villanova:
Jordan Dillard {6’0” SF-Decatur HS (GA)}: 56th Ranked W per HoopGurlz
Megan Quinn {6’2” C-Episcopal Academy (PA)}: 11th Ranked P per HoopGurlz

Reaction Score
WNBA props for the work and inf:) Glad you have gone from lurking to posting!! So far the teams with significant ranked recruits is limited to ND**,Georgetown* with UCONN Saniya #20,DePaul #74,and S FL #96!

I wonder if ND will even be in the BE next season? Right now without ND,<what may keep them in for next season is football scheduling issues> we have UCONN IMHO ranked #1 in the country,..................................................Rutgers,Georgetown,and......................... WOW How the BE has fallen!

Rumors have us exploring options;)
Ira

Reaction Score
I forgot Louisville:oops: Which got a big verbal from a Juco PG. This weekend is fascinating as they have 4 recruits coming to town. #1 Russell,#42 Reynolds AAU teammate of Russell,#40 Henderson, and Montgomery another AAU temmate of Russell! This is an epic battle between TN and Louisville. One team is going to be very happy the other distraught.

2 of Russell's teammates I am not sure if Montgomery is in the picture for TN? Walz is going all in:)
Ira

Reaction Score
Rumors have us exploring options;)
Ira

Ya, I heard UConn is looking to join the SEC so the LV's will be forced to play the Huskies. Actually, Geno's suggested it out of sportsmanship...he thought that since UConn will eventually surpass all of the LV's records, that they should at least have a direct hand in trying to prolong the inevitable!

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
In my opinion Rutgers is making our way back into being the second best team in the BE, and games between RU and UConn should be more interesting like they were back a few years ago before the "Fab 5" recruiting class landed at RU. I have to admit that I'm really happy that Sykes, and Speed graduated and CVS has learned from that horrible recruiting mistake and have recruited kids that fit our style of play and really want to buy into the system.

That said, Rutgers has no commits for the 2013 class, and from what I know we only are looking at two recruits for '13 which are #9 Tyler Scaife, and #19 Ieshia Small. I'm hoping we get both, but I'd be happy with just one. But I do feel good on our chances on both of them.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
In my opinion Rutgers is making our way back into being the second best team in the BE, and games between RU and UConn should be more interesting like they were back a few years ago before the "Fab 5" recruiting class landed at RU. I have to admit that I'm really happy that Sykes, and Speed graduated and CVS has learned from that horrible recruiting mistake and have recruited kids that fit our style of play and really want to buy into the system.

That said, Rutgers has no commits for the 2013 class, and from what I know we only are looking at two recruits for '13 which are #9 Tyler Scaife, and #19 Ieshia Small. I'm hoping we get both, but I'd be happy with just one. But I do feel good on our chances on both of them.
Interesting that you say you feel good on your chances. Maybe things have changed (they often do with these kids), but I read that some in the orange world thought they were going to land Russell, Davis, Scaife and Tucker - 4 kids in the top 10 who certainly would rival UCONN's incredible class of 2012.

I hope you land both of them too.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Interesting that you say you feel good on your chances. Maybe things have changed (they often do with these kids), but I read that some in the orange world thought they were going to land Russell, Davis, Scaife and Tucker - 4 kids in the top 10 who certainly would rival UCONN's incredible class of 2012.

I hope you land both of them too.

Well it's just a feeling. I have heard that Scaife really likes Rutgers, and they both seem to enjoyed their official visits to RU. And also Small comes from Miami, and also plays on Essence AAU team which Erica Wheeler, Chelsey Lee, Rachel Hollivay, & Alexis Burke played on so that might help in RU's favor for her. Also Small and Scaife seem like really close friends, so they might want to play together.

Reaction Score
... I have heard that Scaife really likes Rutgers, and they both seem to enjoyed their official visits to RU ...
These things often amount to nothing, unfortunately for fans. Chong really enjoyed her visit to Louisville.

Reaction Score
I'm pleased to see that Jamelle Elliott landed THREE Top 100 recruits, including #27 and #35!

Way to go, Jamelle!

Reaction Score
I'm pleased to see that Jamelle Elliott landed THREE Top 100 recruits, including #27 and #35!

Way to go, Jamelle!
Sorry Wonkster but that is the 27th ranked Forward and the 35th ranked Guard, not 27 and 35 overall. In any case, hope Jamelle works wonders with them!

Reaction Score
Sorry Wonkster but that is the 27th ranked Forward and the 35th ranked Guard, not 27 and 35 overall. In any case, hope Jamelle works wonders with them!
Spoil sport!

I'm due for a eye checkup this fall at the VA Hospital in West Haven. Thanks for reminding me.

Reaction Score
Spoil sport!

I'm due for a eye checkup this fall at the VA Hospital in West Haven. Thanks for reminding me.
Well if you are a Vet I thank you for serving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom