Big Bubble Night Discussion | The Boneyard

Big Bubble Night Discussion

Reaction Score
Going to be some movement after tonight. I think we would beat every team on the bubble but we played poorly for 4 weeks in Jan to early Feb so that’s where we are.

Reaction Score
Honestly Im not into the bracketology at all right now. I think we definitely make the tournament. We have 5 games left, I think we go 4-1 at worst, provided everybody stays healthy. Once we get to the Big East Tournament, then I will worry about seeding.

Reaction Score
Honestly Im not into the bracketology at all right now. I think we definitely make the tournament. We have 5 games left, I think we go 4-1 at worst, provided everybody stays healthy. Once we get to the Big East Tournament, then I will worry about seeding.
Yep with 4 we’re 100% in. Just hoping for the 10/7 line with like a Houston or Bama round 2.

Reaction Score
Yep with 4 we’re 100% in. Just hoping for the 10/7 line with like a Houston or Bama round 2.
I know this is getting way to ahead of ourselves, but, If we go 4-1 the rest of the way AND win the Big East Tournament, then what is a realistic seed we could get? 4?

Reaction Score
There aren’t 20 teams in the country better than us with Bouk back, but I dont expect the NCAA to get the seeding anywhere close to correct. I honestly don’t even care what our seed is at this point. Outside of Gonzaga and Baylor every team looks mediocre and even those teams don’t scare me. Maybe I’ll feel different after the Nova game, but I don’t think so

Reaction Score
Need a good performance at Nova. If we don't beat them we won't have a win over a ranked team yet, correct? Those usually help folks out.

Reaction Score
Thankfully USC is taking care of business in a weak Pac12
That may be our best win, no? Man, Cole missing at the line kills us now. But, I will say, the way he has played the past two games has made me turn my opinion on him for a while. ?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Yeah USC is #17 today, and probably will move up . They are playing Danny's brother's squad on espn2.

Reaction Score
There are 36 at large bids to the NCAA tournament, 32 automatic. In 2019, 11 conferences sent multiple teams to tourney. It's a safe guess that many of those sent an automatic qualifier that was ranked in the 36 teams. Some send multiple teams ranked in he top 36.

So If we're ranked inside the top 40 teams, we should be safely in the tourney, depending on the year, maybe the top 45-50.

Reaction Score
USC cruises by 20. They're 17-2 in games not against us (0-1 against us). Mobley 22-9-7. He's the real deal. They're flirting with top 10 KenPom and they'll get there soon in NET if they keep compiling wins.

Reaction Score
I’ve watched around from these mid major at large bubble teams and I’m not sure what the deal is. I’m just not impressed. How are these guys ranked over St. John’s? Do Lunardi and these bracketology experts watch the product on the court or trust the computer rankings?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
There are 36 at large bids to the NCAA tournament, 32 automatic. In 2019, 11 conferences sent multiple teams to tourney. It's a safe guess that many of those sent an automatic qualifier that was ranked in the 36 teams. Some send multiple teams ranked in he top 36.

So If we're ranked inside the top 40 teams, we should be safely in the tourney, depending on the year, maybe the top 45-50.
This logic works until 54th ranked Syracuse or NC State slides in ahead of us. You don’t want to leave any doubt on Selection Sunday.

Reaction Score
I’ve watched around from these mid major at large bubble teams and I’m not sure what the deal is. I’m just not impressed. How are these guys ranked over St. John’s? Do Lunardi and these bracketology experts watch the product on the court or trust the computer rankings?

You need to be fair. Lunardi doesn't pretend to be telling you how good or deserving he thinks teams are. He is making a prediction on what the committee will do.

Reaction Score
Alright Boise and Utah are both way better than VCU/Richmond. They probably deserve bubble talk.

Reaction Score
If we don’t beat nova we need to beat seton hall, if we lose to both of those teams I will be worried and we would need to have a very good showing in the big East tourney. The good thing is we may get the benefit of the doubt and respect from the committee that we never got when we were in the American

Reaction Score
St. John’s deserves to dance. It’s an awkward enough year for an awkward enough program, but hey they earned it.

I think bubble is fair spot (for now). UConn fans are longing to be back but non-UConn fans would agree it’s fitting to see us dance. Plus, Bouk could gives us that March magic factor and is fun to watch for anyone. He and Martin are giving us the Batman and Robin we have been waiting for.

then again... there’s always that feeling in the back of my mind that says, they’re gunna flop. Hopefully it goes away after Nova.

Reaction Score
Alright Boise and Utah St. are both way better than VCU/Richmond. They probably deserve bubble talk.
Mountain West easily a top 7 conference over AAC & A10. Could be 4 bids

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
scared season 3 GIF

Reaction Score
St. John’s deserves to dance. It’s an awkward enough year for an awkward enough program, but hey they earned it.

I think bubble is fair spot (for now). UConn fans are longing to be back but non-UConn fans would agree it’s fitting to see us dance. Plus, Bouk could gives us that March magic factor and is fun to watch for anyone. He and Martin are giving us the Batman and Robin we have been waiting for.

then again... there’s always that feeling in the back of my mind that says, they’re gunna flop. Hopefully it goes away after Nova.
Remember what everyone thought in the round of 32 against Nova in 2014?

Our team I truly believe has enough to beat anyone, including ourselves

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
There aren’t 20 teams in the country better than us with Bouk back, but I dont expect the NCAA to get the seeding anywhere close to correct. I honestly don’t even care what our seed is at this point. Outside of Gonzaga and Baylor every team looks mediocre and even those teams don’t scare me. Maybe I’ll feel different after the Nova game, but I don’t think so
Michigan looks pretty good in a stacked Big 10 too but yeah outside of Baylor/Gonzaga it's a crapshoot.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

I agree with this 100%, I’m just laughing though thinking about the first year in the AAC when SMU finished the season ranked in the top 25 and still didn’t get a bid. That conference gets no respect!

Reaction Score
Remember what everyone thought in the round of 32 against Nova in 2014?

Our team I truly believe has enough to beat anyone, including ourselves
My biggest concern, and I’m surprised no one is talking about this, is that zero players on our roster have March madness experience. I truly believe that having a couple guys on the roster with March madness experience would go a long way in making a deep run, or even getting out of opening weekend due to the nerves.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom