Big Blue Nation having a very normal Tuesday | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big Blue Nation having a very normal Tuesday

Reaction Score
You go there, you aren’t building anything. For that kind of money, they aren’t going to wait 4 or 5 years, and potentially 70 plus million dollars, while a team and culture is developed.
Results will be demanded year one.

You almost take that job knowing you can never build what you did at uconn

But that an insane amount of $$$
There's a scene in the show Silicon Valley that talks about runaway valuations and how they can be a poison pill and a trap that I think is surprisingly applicable here.

Reaction Score
The only area where we aren't a better situation than UK is money but I will be stunned if money alone would be enough to lure DH to Lexington.
I think Hurley not wanting to coach forever works in our favor. Because the realignment stuff does matter long term as much as many don't want to believe it. I think he retires anyway before it becomes a serious issue, though.

Reaction Score
If Kentucky has so much money then I hope they offer Scott Drew the reported $11M/yr that Hurley was “offered”. Otherwise, what a slap in the face to your clear second choice hahaha

Reaction Score
Hurley turning down Kentucky’s $15 mill to stay at UConn will make it all the sweeter.

Noah Centineo Chef GIF by Allure

Reaction Score
If Kentucky has so much money then I hope they offer Scott Drew the reported $11M/yr that Hurley was “offered”. Otherwise, what a slap in the face to your clear second choice hahaha
If any of this is true

Those people are seriously “touched,” so it’s very hard to tell

Personally I think all then alleged “insiders” are complete full of dung, firing up the wackos for impressions

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You can't offer them the same amount, one is clearly on another tier than the other.

Reaction Score
1. Reed is going to the nba
2. Dillingham is going to the nba
3. Karaban is a PF not SF
4. Thiero is a SF not PF
5. Clingan is going to the nba
6. It’s Jayden Quaintance not Quinatiance
7. Andre Johnson is a walk on player. He must mean Andre Jackson who is currently on the Bucks.

But other than that, imagine…
Dillingham wasn't even a starter at Kentucky. If he goes to the NBA, Calipari is a horrible coach.

Reaction Score
Dillingham wasn't even a starter at Kentucky. If he goes to the NBA, Calipari is a horrible coach.
Sheppard didnt start either. Cal had to start wagner and edwards because they were the overhyped 5* recruits and clutch sports told him too. but dillingham and sheppard were both better all season long and are now both projected 1st rounders.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This post is ENTIRELY flooded with UK people. I mean like 90% of the comments are Kentucky fans. It obviously shows their insane desperation, but it's also not a good look when they drown out our entire fanbase on a post from our HC about winning #6.

Reaction Score
This post is ENTIRELY flooded with UK people. I mean like 90% of the comments are Kentucky fans. It obviously shows their insane desperation, but it's also not a good look when they drown out our entire fanbase on a post from our HC about winning #6.

Their fanbase is primarily unemployed and has all the time in the world to tweet.

Reaction Score

Unfortunately fear is about as good a motivator as you'll find. Wildcats=Scaredycats
(I can't spell, it is what it is)

Reaction Score

Lmao, it doesn’t matter. It’s hilarious to see their obsession and widespread delusion.

In fairness to them, how much do they really know about the afterglow of winning a national championship? We are what UK thinks it is.

Reaction Score
Kentucky's fan base reeks of desperation. Does the whole basketball world need to grind to a halt because Calipari left bc couldn't stand being there anymore? It's trashy enough that on the day of the national championship the announcement takes focus away from the two teams actually playing in the game (instead of the losers upset in the first round).

Reaction Score
Kentucky's fan base reeks of desperation. Does the whole basketball world need to grind to a halt because Calipari left bc couldn't stand being there anymore? It's trashy enough that on the day of the national championship the announcement takes focus away from the two teams actually playing in the game (instead of the losers upset in the first round).
It's absolutely insane how crazed they are. They view UConn as a basketball school propped up by ESPN with no fanbase whatsoever. They can't understand how UConn has won 6 titles in the past 25 years and see it as an anomoly. It's really quite humorous to read their site. Frankly, like you said, they reek of desperation right now and nearly all their posters (there are a few exceptions) believe the Kentucky job is far superior to the UConn job and think Hurley will eventually see the light. They get more delusional by the second.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's absolutely insane how crazed they are. They view UConn as a basketball school propped up by ESPN with no fanbase whatsoever. They can't understand how UConn has won 6 titles in the past 25 years and see it as an anomoly. It's really quite humerous to read their site. Frankly, like you said, they reek of desperation right now and nearly all their posters (there are a few exceptions) believe the Kentucky job is far superior to the UConn job and think Hurley will eventually see the light. They get more delusional by the second.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom