Big 12 Tourney - Baylor vs. KSU | The Boneyard

Big 12 Tourney - Baylor vs. KSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Baylor up 42-22 at the half. Griner with a huge game already: 23 pts (11 of 14 from the floor), 4 rebounds, 5 blocks and 2 assists.

Next up: TAMU vs. OU

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I think Mulkey has decided to let BG go make her statement for POY. Baylor fed BG the ball much more than they usually do and she came through today with 45 points, 10 rebounds and 7 blocks.

I think that Baylor will be doing a lot more of this during tourney season. Watch for a heavy does of BG.

Reaction Score
Today's win makes them 33-0. If they win out through the NCAA Tournement they will be 40-0. Will this be the first 40-0 team?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
ETT very impressive stats for Griner. KSU lacks the height to defend her. I do agree with you that KM is making a statement for Griner and POY.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Today's win makes them 33-0. If they win out through the NCAA Tournement they will be 40-0. Will this be the first 40-0 team?
Yes. UT went 39-0 first. We did it 3 times later, including twice in a row.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If Griner puts up 40+ ppg, Elena and Nneka begin to drop out of the conversation for POY. That is very impressive.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
If Griner averages 25 points a game over the remainder of her career she will have a shot at Stiles' all-time scoring record. She could end her college career as the all time leading scorer and shot-blocker in NCAA history. That would be an awfully strong argument for best ever.

Could she do this? Absolutely, but Mulkey holds the keys and Griner can only do it if Mulkey puts allows her to. And Kim has a tendency to pull her out of the game when a game is well in hand, as she should, and as coaches have done with the other greats throughout history. Griner could average 30+ a game the rest of her career but likely will not.

However, Mulkey also has great respect for BG and I think would enjoy seeing her accomplishing this feat, so who knows. I have a feeling that BG's numbers are going to elevate quite a bit in the next few weeks.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If Griner averages 25 points a game over the remainder of her career she will have a shot at Stiles' all-time scoring record. She could end her college career as the all time leading scorer and shot-blocker in NCAA history. That would be an awfully strong argument for best ever.

Could she do this? Absolutely, but Mulkey holds the keys and Griner can only do it if Mulkey puts allows her to. And Kim has a tendency to pull her out of the game when a game is well in hand, as she should, and as coaches have done with the other greats throughout history. Griner could average 30+ a game the rest of her career but likely will not.

However, Mulkey also has great respect for BG and I think would enjoy seeing her accomplishing this feat, so who knows. I have a feeling that BG's numbers are going to elevate quite a bit in the next few weeks.
Hmm. Both Britney and Elena chasing Jackie Stiles next year. Interesting!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Hmm. Both Britney and Elena chasing Jackie Stiles next year. Interesting!

LOL...I almost forgot about her. She only trails BG by 135 points at the moment. Will Delaware make it deep enough into the tourney this year and next year to prevent BG from keeping an advantage in points scored? Baylor's tourney success may be what makes the difference as we know that EDD is going to take the majority of Delaware's shots. Deep tourney runs certainly help players like Maya and BG.

These numbers are much more impressive than Stiles' or the ones ahead of them due to the talent that they played against. In my eyes, Maya truly has the best points total of any player in history due to fact that she got her numbers against top teams.

4 Maya Moore, Connecticut -- 3,036
5 Chamique Holdsclaw, Tennessee -- 3,025
6 Cheryl Miller, Southern California -- 3,018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members