Big 12 to accept WVU | The Boneyard

Big 12 to accept WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now it gets even more interesting for us. Our football team having an off season is definitely not helping us right now and the APR probably isn't doing much good for us either.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Now it gets even more interesting for us. Our football team having an off season is definitely not helping us right now and the APR probably isn't doing much good for us either.
That's not the problem. CT is a small state and somewhat far away from the traditional football areas, so we're not a given to anyone except the ACC and that and $2.00 will get us a cup of coffee.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That's not the problem. CT is a small state and somewhat far away from the traditional football areas, so we're not a given to anyone except the ACC and that and $2.00 will get us a cup of coffee.
Bingo. all we can do is hope. UCONN is a solid institution. in every aspect really. but we can't force any of the big boys to take us. and no one is knocking down our door at the moment. i'm just thankful we appear to be ahead of Rutgers in the pecking order. they really could be odd man out.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's a source, not the conference that has given out the information. It may be accurate or just a ploy. The B12 could have serious media contract problems if Missouri leaves after this season (which appears very likely) and the B12 cannot find an immediate replacement. WV would be forced to wait 27 months.

I would say the odds are more likely the B12 goes for BYU, but they might be forced to take three BE schools to break the 27 month rule. However the B12 might be reluctant to do this because Texas has made it clear it only wants 10 teams. So we'll see where this heads.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The Big Ten will stay at 10 teams for the time being.

My guess is that the 27-month exit requirement for leaving the Big East will not hold.

Reaction Score
The Big Ten will stay at 10 teams for the time being.

My guess is that the 27-month exit requirement for leaving the Big East will not hold.

You mean 12 teams? The B1G "we can't count and we have horrendously pompous division names" Conference?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Sorry, I meant the Big 12 would stay at ten teams.

You know, the Big 12 with ten teams, not the Big 10 with twelve teams.

Reaction Score
Missouri is supposedly gone from the Big 12. Word is that they are waiting on the legal crap to be completed before submitting their application to the SEC.

Reaction Score
Missouri is supposedly gone from the Big 12. Word is that they are waiting on the legal crap to be completed before submitting their application to the SEC.

What legal crap? The Big12 raided the BE. How can they turn around and get pissed at the SEC?

Reaction Score
Hey, welcome back!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

So, are you glad to see them go, or will this leave a giant empty spot? Who will the KU faithful have to focus their hatred on?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Man was I wrong. I didn't think the B12 would go for a team they have to wait 27 months before arriving. Well I guess they don't mind being at nine for 2012 and 2013 seasons or they believe Missouri will stay for 2012.

Reaction Score
So, are you glad to see them go, or will this leave a giant empty spot? Who will the KU faithful have to focus their hatred on?

They've been bitching about leaving for a couple years now. First they were going to the Big 10 for academic reasons. The only problem there was the Big 10 didn't want them. Oops. Now it's the SEC. I don't know about you, but when I think "student-athlete" the first thing that comes to mind is the SEC.

There are legitimate problems with the Big 12 conference, but instead of trying to work those problems out, Missouri is determined to take its ball and go home.

The Kansas-Missouri rivalry is the oldest west of the Mississippi, and now some Moo folks are up in arms because Kansas has said that if Missouri leaves he conference they will not go out of their way to schedule them in non-league games. And rightly so. One of the reasons the rivalry was so heated was because both teams were in the same conference. If Missouri leaves for the SEC that's gone, so let the rivalry die.

I love the Kansas-Missouri rivalry, but I'd love for Missouri to stay in the Big 12, but I think it's Poop-or=get-off-the-pot time as far as Missouri goes. I personally think that Missouri is under the delusion that they are a bigger national player than they really are.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of scener from The Outlaw Josey Wales that I happened to catch last weekend. Scene with old bag in the store, cut & pasted below

GRANDMA SARAH: Well, sir, we'll do without molasses. Anything from Missouri has a taint about it.

GRANDPA SAMUEL: Now, Grandma, you've got to tread lightly now we're here in Texas. Lots of nice elements from Missouri coming West.

GRANDMA SARAH: Never heard of nice things from Missouri coming West. And treading lightly is not my way. (To the shopkeeper) We're from Kansas. Jayhawkers, and proud of it.

SHOPKEEPER: I know how you feel. I'm a Hoosier, myself.

GRANDMA SARAH: Personally, I don't think much of Hoosiers neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom