Big 12 Meetings | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Big 12 Meetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Thought exactly the same thing. I would've thought they'd be well beyond that point by now. I understand the topic got put on the back burner for awhile, but still.
Pretty sure this is synonymous with offer.

Reaction Score
Somebody needs to swing by Southington (@coachcap) and take Joe Schad for a ride up to UConn to meet w/ a few folks.

Joe Schad@schadjoe 5:48pm via Tweetbot for iΟS
The Big 12 should have at least 12 teams. Add 2 of Houston, UCF and Cincinnati and you are stronger overall.

Joe Schad@schadjoe 1 hour ago
It the Big 12 wants to add four it should be Houston, Cincinnati, UCF and USF or Memphis.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's okay. I'd rather have Boren talk about metrics that are favorable to us than the talking heads singing our praises. (Both would be nice, though.)

Reaction Score
Like clockwork, when expansion news starts rolling, national media members inexplicably or intentionally try to diminish UConn's chances and PUSH competitors.

Jon Rothstein Verified account ‏@JonRothstein
Jon Rothstein Retweeted Dennis Dodd
Could be huge for both Cincinnati and Memphis.
It really is incredible. There's not a single advocate in the well-known media for UConn. Jay Bilas might be the closest thing we have, and that's mostly just because he's generally not a jackass.

Reaction Score
Somebody needs to swing by Southington (@coachcap) and take Joe Schad for a ride up to UConn to meet w/ a few folks.

The Big 12 should have at least 12 teams. Add 2 of Houston, UCF and Cincinnati and you are stronger overall.

It the Big 12 wants to add four it should be Houston, Cincinnati, UCF and USF or Memphis.

Are you frickin' kidding me? That's not being stupid. That's "I got an issue with someone at UConn"

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
More on potential. You can view this as being good for UConn, since Diaco is trying to get football back to a successful record, but at the same time fans of EVERY school will think it's about their potential as well..

Reaction Score
Evaluation of candidates is of "their interest." That tells me they know who they want but they want to see how much flexibility each school has (read that as willingness to take reduced payments.)

Well boys I guess the CR board is back in business. I apologize to my wife in advance.
Evaluation of candidates, or as we say over on the Cincinnati Bearcats board "The race to the bottom"..... Hell, if they offer us a couple of bucks and a grape sno-cone I say take it.....If the BIG12 adds only two schools it's Cincy and UCONN. If they add four schools I think it's Cincy, UCONN, USF, and BYU.......I think a fifth Texas school works against Houston, and apparently Memphis academics are brutal......Either way, I don't see UCONN not being included in BIG12 expansion.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The most trusted experts could present the Big 12 presidents with every metric that makes UConn clearly look like the #1 most valuable and powerful G5 candidate for expansion...

and I'd STILL expect them to do something stupid and incompetent like take the team that was lost good at hand egg this most recent years, so Houston, and Memphis. That's just the nature of this whole s***show we call college sports.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
More on potential. You can view this as being good for UConn, since Diaco is trying to get football back to a successful record, but at the same time fans of EVERY school will think it's about their potential as well..

Are they joking?

Didn't they just have one of the worst D1 seasons from a G5/P5 school the last decade or so? One thing I've learned from.my brief contact with UCF people online is that they are all a bunch of jacka***s. From the laughable perceived elite-ness, to their pretentious scoffing at the idea of Diaco's Civil Conflict (despite how dumb it actually was), makes me dislike them greatly.

Reaction Score

... add Mandel along for the road trip:

Stewart Mandel@slmandel 7:14pm via TweetDeck
Lap it up, Cincinnati/BYU/Houston/UCF/USF/Memphis fans.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Are they joking?

Didn't they just have one of the worst D1 seasons from a G5/P5 school the last decade or so? One thing I've learned from.my brief contact with UCF people online is that they are all a bunch of jacka***s. From the laughable perceived elite-ness, to their pretentious scoffing at the idea of Diaco's Civil Conflict (despite how dumb it actually was), makes me dislike them greatly.
Their fall from BCS bowl to worse than mediocre was fast. Not to defend them, but being in florida their fans probably expect they can turn it around just as quickly and avoid a Pasqualoni type era of abysmal football.

What doesn't help them is they are waaay down the pecking order in their state. Oh, and their marketing materials were baaaaaaad so they've got that going for them.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Frankly, I'm not getting my hopes up again. I'm done with that pain, this stuff just has made me so jaded from college sports altogether.

Reaction Score
Frankly, I'm not getting my hopes up again. I'm done with that pain, this stuff just has made me so jaded from college sports altogether.

The truth is if 4 teams are selected and UConn is not one of them, we better hope the ACC is forcing Notre Dame full time and will add us for 16. Otherwise we are absolutely screwed.

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
Not to be a buzzkill. You guys realize that UConn does not fit the B12 WHATSOEVER geographically. I know we do this already in the AAC, but it's because the AAC is a series of leftovers. If the B12 took BYU/UCF and Cinci I would not be surprised.

I hate the AAC probably more than anyone here, living in Boston and being ridiculed about our position. Nobody wants to be in it, I know, and I'd take the Big 12 in one second. But when these pundits tweet about candidates, go into it with a clear head, it's not absolutely insane what they are saying.

Reaction Score
What are the benefits of expanding by 2 0r 4? Didn't their study recommend 4?

Reaction Score
Not to be a buzzkill. You guys realize that UConn does not fit the B12 WHATSOEVER geographically. I know we do this already in the AAC, but it's because the AAC is a series of leftovers. If the B12 took BYU/UCF and Cinci I would not be surprised.

I hate the AAC probably more than anyone here, living in Boston and being ridiculed about our position. Nobody wants to be in it, I know, and I'd take the Big 12 in one second. But when these pundits tweet about candidates, go into it with a clear head, it's not absolutely insane what they are saying.

This guy with all the new and fresh ideas.

Reaction Score
Well all of us here know ESPN hates us. All reading the news see that ESPN (got no money to start a Big 12 network for you) just pissed the Big 12 off with the ACCn.

So based on "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", I would think Uconn should have a lot new friends in the Big 12. Now make it happen, friends!

Reaction Score

This post is simply nonsense. If we don't fit than how does ONE directional Florida school? They don't either.

The studies and facts have been done. UConn is the best athletic department not in the power 5 and it's not close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom